You may only post ITT if your country is so big that it has more that 25 different climates within it

You may only post ITT if your country is so big that it has more that 25 different climates within it

Nice blob

ok

I like how the eastern part is fairly uniform and then the western part is a clusterfuck.

>mfw murricans calling some part of their country (except maybe Alaska) """"cold""""

North Dakota, the coldest state other than Alaska, gets around 0-20F (~-18 to -7C) during the winter. How is it in Russia 2bh?

Russia can go to like -40C or something.

there's a huge party going on in Colorado

Interesting; the coldest ever recorded Temperature in the US outside of Alaska was -70F/-57C in Montana.

Maritime climate is the only good climate.

I think it goes to -70 in the far east

Ahh yes I just love that lovely weather in beautiful subtropical new jersey.

*cringes*

we also regularly get about a week each winter where it drops to -20f which is around -28c

plus it's constantly windy here so that doesn't help. -10c isn't that bad. it is really bad with just 10mph wind

Depends, Russia's a huge country. My city (Moscow) gets around -20C at worst. Some cities in Siberia like Irkutsk have it several times worse, with winters at -30 to -40C, and summers at up to +35C. There are places in Russia where the temperature gradient literally makes grown oak trees burst.
Yeah, there are places like that. No sentient life there though.

Bitch, mediterranean climate is God's climate.

T*rk detected
But that aside yeah, it's good to have reliable dry season unlike the random shit here (tons of rain in May and June this year, then 2-3 week dry periods in July and now) but I'd like it only with the "b" (cool summer) variant

Fucking hate my city's weather. The winters are freezing and never go above 15 during mid winter (usually around 12 degrees). At night it gets to like 2 or 3 mid july.

Summers are ok. Warm but melbourne is notorious for having bipolar weather so some days it will be like 43 then jump to 19 the next

Our winters are the shittiest possible. Barely any snow (some years completely without), just 4-5 months of grey, drizzly, brown and muddy at around 5°C, often windy too, and on top of that the 4:30pm sunsets in December
>tfw it's back soon

A-are you from North Dakota? I never thought I would see another of my kind here

Csb master race

That's basically winter where I live

There's really a lot to be said for not having ice on the roads in the winter. I prefer to keep the snow to the mountains so I can go skiing and shit, and live down below so I can drive and bicycle just fine.

If we are talking enough snow to cross-country ski on in the winter, that is better. Not too many cities where you get that much reliable snow, though.

>tfw larger
>tfw not even 20

Canada isn't larger.

What? Yes it is.

No. It isn't. The US has more land.

>What did he mean by this?

it can get to over -40c is Finland too, but that's very rare. I believe -40c was common during Winter war

L'education américaine, monsieurs

It goes to -60 pretty much every year in certain places.

>4.30 PM sunset

At that time it has been pitchblack for a couple of hours where I live.

>Barely any snow
A plus given that you have to shovel your sidewalk and parking space when it snows. The rest sounds shitty, though.

Kiruna? If so ouch, but then again there's a reason barely anyone lives so far up north
I wouldn't mind a bit here and there, pic related was probably our heaviest snow in the last 25+ years (yeah that's centimetres not inches)
Also helps that we don't have xboxhueg properties, I'd only have to shovel the parking spot directly adjacent to the residential road, and then a ca. 30m walkway to the house entrance

Canada has more water. The US has more land. Fucking retards.

It's not about size

In the US you only have to shovel your part of the sidewalk and your parking space or driveway, but it kinda sucks to have to dig your car out of the snow, which is why at least in Chicago there's a tradition known as "dibs" where you put a chair or other whatnot on your freshly-dug spot so nobody steals it. While not legally valid people do respect them.

>east coast
>okay it will be cooler in the north and warmer in the south, with a small buffer zone in between, and a slightly different climate along the mountain range, nice and uniform :)

>West coast
>JUST
>FUCK
>MY
>SHIT
>UP

Yeah it never gets that heavy here that you really have to free your car. Longest time I ever spent in a morning in winter was probably 5 minutes, but due to ice rain which is really a bitch to remove from the windows
A bit of snow can easily be removed with a hand broom

R U Proxxxy?

In large parts of America the temperature differences between summer and winter are much larger than in Europe, meaning a place that is very hot in the summer can also be very cold in the winter. This is because Europe tends to have a more moderated climate with less temperature fluctuations as a whole. It's actually a hard concept to explain to a European, as they are not used to places being so different in temperature in the summer and winter

There are mountains n sheeeit

Yeah, snow gets around 1-2 feet around here.

That's because it is much more diverse and has real mountains. East coast is boring and everything looks the same.

I never realized Canada was only meme large

>east coast is boring and everything looks the same

No the east coast looks nice.West coast is mostly shit, you'd not want to live anywhere there because the climates are so fucking dry except for small bits of the far west coast

>This is because Europe tends to have a more moderated climate with less temperature fluctuations as a whole.

It's because of the way the mountain chains work. Europe's alps go east and west blocking any moisture from the med. America's Rockies go north and south and are west of the gulf which allows the gulf moisture to spill all over the continent.

While it might be true for Western Yurop (in extreme cases here a mild January day can be warmer than a cool July day) Russia is extremely continental too, probably the most in the world, they have places that can range from -65 in winter to +35 in summer

Ontario's a lot more temperate, but we still get those few days where it reaches -20°C in winter and 40°C in summer

12 here

>No the east coast looks nice.
>cow roads and sprawling cities that all look the same look nice
>no nature
>even the woods all look the same

Confirmed for faggot who has never seen the west coast. Even the worst places on the west coast shit on the best places(Acadia) on the east coast. Deal with it.

>no nature
Maybe in New york, don't know where you got that impression

Glorious Cali

>tiny trees
>hills they call mountains that wouldn't even classify as a foothill in a legit range
>durr and black bears instead of grizzles, elk salmon etc

I can go on and on and keep in mind I enjoy the east coast for what it's worth but after you see the west coast and all its splendor you will always understand what someone like me is saying next time. Oh... and NY has the adirondacks which are cool but are still nothing compared to anything in the west.

Post some American Nature

SoDak is better fgt
Sincerely, a South Dakotan

>The winters are freezing
>At night it gets to like 2 or 3 mid july.

nice memes that show you've never been to the east coast

North Dakota has better people. SD is all white trash and injuns. I'll give you the black hills though, pretty cool stuff over there.

cfb master race

What was I wrong about? Did you get triggered over your inferior region? I've been to NY, MA, MD and PA.

>I've been to
>the mid-atlantic
>the mid-atlantic
>the mid-atlantic
>and
>the mid-atlantic

And let me guess you only went to New York City, some shitty obscure shitty in Massachusetts not even Boston, Baltimore (possibly one of the worst cities in the union), and Pittsburgh

No wonder you thought it sucked and had no nature.

>average tier nature that everyone has is the same as god tier nature that only a select places on earth have

Why are you so upset user? These are just facts you are being presented with and you can't deal with it. Fix yourself user.

Nice bait

Bait? What part of your tallest peak wouldn't even be a foothill didn't you comprehend retard? Your nature is weak as fuck. The only place that is ok at best is eastern TN or western NC and even that doesn't even compare to an average view anywhere in the west. Even Nevada shits on you and that place is terrible.