Hey Sup Forums, I'm making a research assignment for a college class, the assignment is about women in tech...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm making a research assignment for a college class, the assignment is about women in tech, but everything I find about it seems to be biased.

One thing I heard is that long ago, in what was "computer science" back then, there were 40% women and 60% men working on programming, is that true? Does anyone have a good resource about this?

I head that this number plummeted because of marketing that made it seem like computers were toys for boys, another person told me that before, 40% of the people who worked with computers were women, but it wasn't programming per se and more like a secretary's job.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z1_(computer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Does anyone have a good resource about this?
Have you tried using a search engine to find the information that you were looking for before asking Sup Forums to do your homework?

In the 50s and 60s, computing was clerical work, women would do easy shit like loading punch cards into gigantic mainframes and replacing vacuum tubes and reaching for the extinguisher when the teletype jammed and caused a fire.
All the computer programs were written by the engineers upstairs.
Once computers became cheap enough to put time-shared and innovative electric teletypes at people's desks (now called monitors), there was no need for clerical women anymore, you had to know how to write software to stay in the industry and most women dropped out in the 1970s as time-sharing systems and then microcomputers changed the computing landscape.

women were literally computers.
>let that sink in

Are you fucking retarded?

", the assignment is about women in tech, but everything I find about it seems to be biased."

From this you were supposed to think "hey, user already searched and is here now to ask people directly if they have any info that could help", not be a fucking braindead moron like you are.

Thanks user, do you have any source on that? Or could you tip me how to search this so that I don't find a million of biased articles by feminists.

penny-anti switchboard operators don't count user.

You can get the whole picture by researching how computing was done without searching for articles that mention women specifically, these are all biased.
People think the first computer programmer was a woman despite existing 200 years before a functioning machine could accept a computer program, all thanks to feminist revisionists.

>World's first computer
That's not the Z1.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z1_(computer)

Initially the task of programming a computer consisted of two separate steps:

- step 1: designing the program and cable layout.
- step 2: connecting the cables as described in step 1.

Step one was done almost exclusively by men.
Step two was done almost exclusively by women.

How about actually educating yourself on what ada did you fucking retard.

I know a woman who works in tech. She designs FPGAs and ASICs. Learned how to do it during her PhD research and job at a silicon fab. She works under a male pseudonym which is more common than you think in high-end contracting. Discrimination is real enough and the only way to win that game is not to play.

The irony being that all these reverse discrimination things is only reducing the quality of the female skill pool.

Sorry your story is not contributing to the narrative OP wants to believe could you delete your post?

>hay i see u made a theoretical computer machine look at this thing i made, you could write a program to compose music by interpreting numbers as notes tee hee

that's it
that's the extent of her contributions to computer science

More than you'll ever contribute to any field you should probably kill yourself right now.

it's literally nothing

More than you'll ever contribute to any field you should probably kill yourself right now.

wow you're really mad

>, the assignment is about women in tech, but everything I find about it seems to be biased."
Does this mean that Sup Forums has to do YOUR homework now?

What does this have to do with the history of woman in programming?

How does your anedoctal evidence support anything?

can't wait to hear about what grade you get after you try to cite breitbart and The_donald posts.

When did OP say anything about politics?

> all these white knights
kek
name a single MODERN contribution women have made

Ada who?

That security lady and QubesOS?

USB3 on Linux