Are we living in the era of cyber punk?

Are we living in the era of cyber punk?
We have mobile devices with infinite data
we have cards with universal currency

Other urls found in this thread:

0x00sec.org/t/cyberpunk-atari-the-midnight-eye-hacking-and-cybersecurity-can-save-the-world/4329
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

We are user.

0x00sec.org/t/cyberpunk-atari-the-midnight-eye-hacking-and-cybersecurity-can-save-the-world/4329

I'm glad
I just wish we would get rid of the 90's theme to everything

>no flying cars

Yeah, no.

we got the oppressive surveillance state down pat though

hey guys which is the most cyberpunk place to live in?

SF ?
NY?
Hong Kong?

HK

No. social ideology doesn't fit it at all.
The technology is there. The social culture is not.
It's in a drainage ditch somewhere.

Will society adopt the cyberpunk look?

That's some ways down the road IMO. Right now, technology is mainly being used in service of an old non-technological social ideology. When a new technological ideology comes about the 'looks' will no doubt follow. Society is slow to adopt to these changes and there isn't an overarching ethos in support of it.

HK for sure.

Hong Kong or New York.

I'm gonna try to adopt the fashion
Mostly just Deus Ex formal apparel
I'm waiting for augmentations to be a thing

Hong kong, shanghai, singapore, tokyo, other east asian metropolises. Westrrn cities dont compare in feeling futuristic. Moscow does an.ok job wuth its business district towering over the low rise unwashed masses though

well old world western countries are well, too old to ever fully go /cyb/ whereas outside of japan, most asian countries just wanna keep advancing and don't get a fuck about their historical stuff plus they have massive populations so highrises et al are a must

I'm still salty they tore down Kowloon.

We are in the very genesis of it, I'd guess.
>mobile devices w/ constant, near inescapable data access
>>devices that we cannot put down except to pick up another one - are like brain extenders.
>digital communication culture + mannerisms unique from face-to-face conversation
>seamless global communication to anyone with a network address/connection
>at the cost of privacy, labor abuse, isolation, and eWaste.

Cyberpunk will never fully fledge, though, if we run out of rare earth minerals / can't find a reliable way to recycle them / can't find alternatives. We'll see what happens! Hopefully it's more cyber-neutral than cyber-dystopian; bad shit will always find a way to occur though

I also think another clear symptom of cyberpunk is having neoluddite terrorists but maybe I just watch too many movies

we are living in the age of Allah

>I also think another clear symptom of cyberpunk is having neoluddite terrorists
wait until someone builds a self-driving semi and puts a few million truck drivers out of work overnight, it'll happen.

More like the era of botnet and blind consumerism.

truckers are scary though, and ward off hijackers. although as I typed this I realized this is easily remedied with an unremovable RFID chip between some panels in the cargo bay

though... truckers do help offload deliveries, too. may be some compromise where fat strong dudes just meet self driving freight trucks at the destination and dolly/forklift shit out of it

how long until the technological singularity Sup Forums?

Shenzen or HK I'd say. Pretty much any east asian megacity though.

>Are we living in the era of cyber punk?
Yes. Did you check the FAQ?

Check out Ehang 184. Aeronautical engineers are already breaking out in sweat.

Tokyo and Shenzhen.

That guy should get out of the rain. Is he retarded ? Also I doubt he cares for that bike good luck finding grip. Enjoy fucking dying

>That guy should get out of the rain.
After Blade Runner it is inevitable that rain should be part of the scene. Lots of rain.

>the cyberpunk look
What is that really? Like Cybergoth?