Are paid sites to learn coding worth it?

What is your opinion on paid online schools for programming? What about any apps from apple, any out there worth buying?Also I have a macbook air and I really like it, no way I would a cheap looking laptop that is built by someone not named apple. I would really prefer a app honestly I could buy on my macbook.

>mac
Just give up. You're too much of a brainlet.

I tried non mac laptops but they are garbage, plus most of the serious programmer I know use macs...people who don't use macs are either garbage people or poor fags, or losers who want a gaming laptop.

Apple is literally Poorfag Brainlets: The Brand.

name a better laptop?????? plot twist you can't faggot, apple has the best ecosystem and best build quality....if you fucking want a gaming laptop and can't edit movies, do photography, code, or do anything of value then get a non apple...your argument is retarded anyways since rich people use apple....90 percent plus of movies are edited using macs...

(You)

you make these dull ass examples...and why are you asserting that there is something wrong with this kid, he is disabled whoop dee dooo...he uses apple so fucking what....it's like saying gold sucks because a mentally disabled person collects gold.

I can almost hear your Pajeet accent through your posts.

i speak perfect english lived in the usa for 13 years...english is my first language since i moved to the usa at age 6...

>no idea how to reply to posts
>angrily defends the notion that he's Indian
>gets extremely mad and trolled when people insist apple isn't god's gift to earth

Welcome to Sup Forums, Samrawut Mukhopadhyay

I want a mac now

fucking faggots im not indian i am lithuanian...big difference...also apple is the best tech brand out there suck it faggots...apple is like a top 10 company in the world so you are all poor and stupid if you think apple isn't the best!

>lived in USA until age 19
>convinced that Americans give people some kind of higher status for owning Apple products
>thinks that helping make a tech company more rich makes him a runner in the forbes 500

lmfao relax Andrius the gypsy blood in your veins is starting to boil. if you were a normal American, which you aren't, then you wouldn't be so defensive about owning Apple shit

>the state of apple astroturfing

I am american dumbass I have us legal residency I could get us citizenship with a snap of my fingers but I am in lithuania due to work and personal reasons right now...

there's plenty of free learning material out there. including FREE and comprehensive courses from apple for Swift and from Google for Android. look in the iBooks for Learn to Code series and Intro to App Development with Swift series. Also check out Using Swift with Cocoa and Objective C (in iBooks).

And if you own an iPad check out the Swift Playgrounds app

tupac alive numbr one #1 in lithuania ….fuck the belarus ,..FUCKk ashol latvian no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the latvian farm aminal with rap magic now we the lietuviai . ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and belarus wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. lithuania greattst countrey

Here's an honest opinion op.
>On programming learning programming:
America is losing a battle in technology, so people shill the fuck out of it. Most of the "paid online schools" only teach you basics, which won't make you rich or barely get you a job. You need to have a good foundation on mathematics and logic to be a great computer scientist, and that's not something I think you have because
>Apple
If you're going to buy a laptop just for its pretty logo, its pointless operating system that offers not technological improvements over the last decade, and on top of that, the hardware is known to be worth less than its consumer cost, you're not really logical.

I think you should study something from a 2 year school, like a dental assistant or become an EMT. So you wont waste your time. Because people that are into technology are best when it isn't about money and status.

>plastic piece of shit
>locked to all fuck anti consumer shit wangblows 10
>the "logical" choice

and that's how i can tell you live in your mother's basement

You're a fucking idiot. Software and web development is dominated by macs and you are saying Windows machines are the logical choice. You're a fucking moron.

excellent bait thread OP

>What is your opinion on paid online schools for programming?
go to a real school

>What about any apps from apple, any out there worth buying?
I've never bought an app from apple for coding, but I use macOS for programming both at home and at work. The POSIX compliance and commercial software availability is ideal for my use case. The only thing I recommend doing is installing the GNU coreutils instead of using the default BSD userland, though.

Applel's shill recruiters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.

I am going to a real school but I also think learning on the side is great too, thanks to that one person who actually gave great advice about programming with swift and objective c on apple. Thanx man appreciate it for sure! ALSO, I have a good foundation of math and logic. I am still gaining more skills though before I start working I will in late spring most likely in the capital Vilnius. There is a high fucking demand in Lithuania for programming and computer IT stuff in general. Also a lot of new technologies it's an in demand field and I enjoy learning a lot.

take your fucking bait back to Sup Forums you retarded piece of shit

Nat Even Bait Dough

fa/g/s.

>someone posts a tech related post and vaguely mentions a Mac
>Sup Forums August spergs out and has an autist attack

It nust hurt knowing that all programmers, computer scientists, video editors and rich people in general prefer Mac.

This.
This is what people tell themselves to feel good about their shit buy.

Hahaha no they dont.

Real programmers buy whats best regardless of brand and often dual boot windows and their favourite linux distro

Why are you baiting, OP? Serious answer: pick up a book about a programming language, like C. Then pick up a book about algorithms and then go from there.

>the best ecosystem
It has the most controlled ecosystem, which looks neat and tidy, but it's far from the best.
>and best build quality
Absolutely not. Very fragile.

>iToddler banned AGAIN

Online schools or not, nothing can replace self study and experience. To learn programming you need to sit your ass down and do it for yourself, no course will ever teach you programming. And you do this by programming, debugging, reading documentation, reading other peoples code.

I know people who managed to pass university and are not very good programmers as they did the minimum effort to pass, they seriously lack any experience, most code they write work once on their computer but are full of bugs and pretty much fall apart in a real world scenario.

I'm not saying that schools or courses are useless though, they do a good job at introducing some concepts, but don't expect them to teach you programming. I feel that sometimes they don't really teach what they end up teaching, but it's good for picking up some skills.

For a healthy ecosystem don't stick to mac. I mainly use windows, but like any decent programmer you should also be able to work on unix.

Not OP, but for someone trying to get into programming, what sort of path would you suggest? What reading material or websites and in what order?