>G-Sync >FreeSync

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have yet another pair of fragmented standards? Yet another arbitrary split, this time one that means that half of monitors are useless with half of graphics cards.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_G-Sync
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7pz6nq/i_like_freesync_you_like_freesync_amd_likes/
wccftech.com/amd-relinquishes-high-end-desktop-graphics-2018/
youtu.be/mVNRNOcLUuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just buy g-sync nobodies is actually using freesync, since it requires an amd gpu which is impossible to get due to cryptominers.

Wow, why would there be a proprietary and opensource version of the same technology. That's just crazy.

And of course g-sync is superior. If it were inferior to freesync then they'd have a hard time justifying its existence and the premium for licensing the technology.

freesync is just async which is shitty compared to gsync

>buy g-sync monitor and nvidia card
>next generation amd comes out with an absolute beast of a card
>buy it
>now have to buy another monitor because the amd card works with freesync, not g-sync

>Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have yet another pair of fragmented standards?
NVidia, of course.

>next generation amd comes out with an absolute beast of a card
>miners take it all
>amd faggot sitting behinde with his vega APU and freesync monitor
M A X I K E K

>absolute beast of a card
i am pretty sure you will have no problem running AMD gpu with a gsync monitor as long as your gpu is hitting more than the refresh rate

Why would they have a hard time? All that would need to be done is disallow compatibility of Nvidia drivers with freesync.

Oh wait, that happens

their "justification" is disallowing freesync
nobody would buy a goy-sync monitor if nVidia supported freesync

g-sync and adaptive-sync/freesync do exactly the same thing. There is no practical difference between the two protocols.
The only reason they are not unified into one standard is because Nvidia wants to sell proprietary monitors.

You know who.

Same shit, but G-Sync is proprietary to ensure you lock yourself into the Nvidia ecosystem. That's jewery you need to expect from modern computing.

>Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have yet another pair of fragmented standards?
nvidia

vesa supports freesync
intel supports freesync
disc reader manufacturers support freesync
television manufacturers support freesync
computer display manufacturers support freesync

only one company doesn't

If you're running a mid to high range gpu, chances are you won't experience tearing anyway.
Just make sure you get a decent monitor, pay no attention to free or g-sync.

Leather jacket chink.

>being too poor to have both monitors

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_G-Sync

"G-Sync requires an Nvidia-made module in place of the usual scaler in the display in order for it to function properly with select Nvidia GeForce graphics cards, such as the ones from the Kepler microarchitecture (GTX 650Ti and later)."

G-Sync was well worth it. No torn frames in 2 years, love it.

just force v-sync like a man you faggot, ig your CPU/GPU can't handle it then get a better one

Why would Nvidia make their product compatible with an inferior protocol?

>looking for a new monitor to buy
>see this on the filters

I don't think G-sync will survive for long. freesync seems to be included in almost every monitor.

FreeSync is open.

Pay debts.

If it's inferior they should have nothing to worry about. Their superior technology will still sell.

Your move.

>buy our propriety chip goyim, put it in your hardware it's better
You'd think they'd have learned their lesson 10 years ago.

>>next generation amd comes out with an absolute beast of a card
That's right! We just have to wait and then everything will be better.

remind me again how many monitors have gsync out there?

Enough for there to be a decent selection

Nvidia are the only GPU's that are good so I don't mind locking myself to gsync
I bought a ryzen anyways so I still did my support for AMD :)

Gsync costs significantly more than Freesync, so if you ever need to go to Freesync for some reason it's affordable to sell your monitor and buy a Freesync one. Doesn't go the other way, though.

>90% of gaming monitors have freesync even though like 80% of steam users have nvidia cards

My 32in 1440p monitor I paid $250 for just happened to be freesync

My high end GPU I bought off eBay in 2013 for $182 just happened to be an R9 290.

To get 1440p 75fps freesynced on high settings with $430 seems like a better option than paying $700 for a GTX 1060 and $600 for a gsync monitor

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7pz6nq/i_like_freesync_you_like_freesync_amd_likes/

AYYMD SHITSYNC, IT DOESN'T WORK

NVIDIA G-SYNC, IT JUST WORKS

G-sync isn't a standard, it's proprietary bullshit (and probably fake). Every gpu supports freesync and every display with displayport 1.2 or higher should support freesync with proper firmware. Though nvidia blocks freesync in drivers because they want to sell their proprietary inferior bullshit.

Nope, nvidia supports freesync too. There are some laptops with "gsync" branding but surprisinly no proprietary chips were found there. Investigation shown that nvidia enabled freesync if you connect a display via eDP port. There were even custom driver builds to enable it everywhere but nvidia fixed the hole later.

>chances are you won't experience tearing anyway.
Only if it's radeon. Nvidia suffers from insane tearing. Because you need to buy goysink.

Because freesync is free, it's just a method of utilizing displayport capabilities.

>amd
>beast of a card

lmao

>FreeSync out performs G-Sync,
>G-Sync makes screen cost more.
>BETTER screens usually have FreeSync.
>FreeSync Can be used by both card types.
Just throw your money in a well man, it's cool

No new desktop amd gpus coming in 2018

wccftech.com/amd-relinquishes-high-end-desktop-graphics-2018/

It doesn't really matter, FreeSync "won" anyways almost purely because it's easier to manufacture with.

>FreeSync Can be used by both card types.
How do you enable freesync on nvidia?

>Just accept horrible latency due to vsync

Anti-fud
youtu.be/mVNRNOcLUuA

only meme monitors with 144hz or 120hz forcing people with anything lower than a 1080 to actually buy a decent freesync one

>poor people problems

Nvidia. it's fucking Nvidia.

[cont.]
>nvidia fanboy laughs all the way to the store
>turns out pascal and volta are sold out too
>throws a hissy fit on Sup Forums

Anons will ignore your video because it speaks the truth and shows both pros and cons of both alternatives.
This board is /r/amd so AMD can't have any cons and nvidia can't have any pros.

>paying extra a for memesync

>caring about memesync when strobing backlights exists
lmao

>falling for the sync meme
Just use a better fucking compositor you fucking retards, you don't need a $7000 monitor to fix screen tearing.