Music Downloading

Where do you guys download music from?

Other urls found in this thread:

my-free-mp3.net/
bitbucket.org/Forty-Bot/spotiload
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That depends

does anyone know the best format which I can download youtube audios? does youtube allows lossless audios?

what do you use / recommend?

WordPress blogs

Pretty much everything accessible. The only rare shit I've ever gotten in high quality was from What.CD before it got canned.

YouTube compresses audio at around something along the margin of 192kbps on a 1080p stream. Anything lower and it's 128.

deezdownloader

>YouTube compresses audio at...
thanks

I was wrong. All audio gets compressed in a 128kbps AAC stream

youtube tops out at 160k Opus, which is pretty overkill, Opus is near-transparent at 96k

redacted.ch

that's wrong, just like with the video, they have many options for different qualities; opus and AAC live together, or it could have just AAC

youtube then convert to mp3 then to flac

this
please download my torrents, I want to get to ratio 1 again

post your profile and i will snatch exactly one (1) of your uploads m8

my-free-mp3.net/
Right now it's broken, but will be back soon.

rutracker for flacs
you need an acc tho and its all russian

I record the radio on cassettes

torrents for me, if that doesn't work soulseek usually has what i want

Deezloader Reborn, everything from 320 kbps mp3 to lossless flac.

If it's some ironic 90s song I get the urge to listen to, youtube. If I really need to pirate something, soulseek.

maybe 80% of the music I listen to is new and I either rip from soundcloud or it's free to download from bandcamp.

Bandcamp when I want to support the artist, torrent for everything else

Rutracker for flacs. If they don't have it Soulseek. Or I just it from Bandcamp.

Spotify, slider.kz and torrents if I need full albums (mostly from rutracker)

don't mark me, but download Devilman Crybaby ost in flac tt

Apple Music poorfag

thanks

I hope that's a joke

Soulseek

thanks

>all these newfags without a red account

I second this. It's fucking amazeballs

any working/good method for downloading spotify songs, playlists?

premium is available

Public trackers, blogs with direct download links if it's some local, old and/or obscure shit.

rutracker with a seedboxor or ddl blogs
rarely youtube
i despise ddl and youtube, but some stuff is only available there. i heard Sup Forums uses soulseek a lot, but i'm wary of having p2p software on my machine. i have fond memories of limewire back when lawyers didn't care so much.

github.com/justync7/spotify-ripper

Soulseek.

I always did this in the 80s and 90s desu. Time flies. :I

t. gramps

This

Apollo

I only buy physical media.

rutracker.org

There is a guide on Sup Forums wiki on how to use it

this

been there long time ago, they changed the domain couple times

>rutracker.org
that used to be invite only

Well, not anymore

But downloading is theft.

soulseek

Living is a thief of oxygen

how did you think this what in any shape of form a worthy comment to post.

the internet

Deezloader, includes album covers and metadata

spotify

The only problem with Deezloader is it doesn't split multiple disc albums into separate discs, which is annoying

this records the audio from stream in real live right? that takes a lot time

anyone experience with bitbucket.org/Forty-Bot/spotiload

doesnt look like they rip the stream, but may be outdated

This
They have most music i want in flac, it's pretty comfy

nyaa

Soulseek
OpenSource
P2P
See kbps before downloading
And more

Rutracker or the piratebay

>don't mind me Earth-Chan, just pirating this Oxygen™

Deezloader
YouTube (make sure to get direct 128m4a)
Google
It's not hard fampai

i rip from the audio stream

Name - Catalog - Quality - Metadata

Deezloader - music you expect to find on Deezer (similar to iTunes, Spotify) - MP3, 320k/s LAME (?) - easy UI (spotify-like) - quality images and good metadata & tags (iTunes-like)
Recent problems: they changed the API. You now need an SID from a login. don't trust Deezloadr etc., the 2.3.1? open-source is the only one to be trusted, but you need to edit some .js and create some throwaway account, then renew the SID everytime the cookie expires.
datmusic.xyz & VK - scenier stuff, good for single tracks - MP3, bad to good quality, depends on their source, tends to be upsampled - shit UI, single trax is best - depends on source, metadata is shit most of the time
Soulseek (torrnt, needs VPN) - even scenier stuff, but still some stuff missing, esp. in higher quality - u can get nice quality, even FLAC, depends on their source, MP3s are sometimes upsampled - ok UI with folders but terrible CPU load- depends on source, metadata is ok most of the time because users care

Name - Catalog - Quality - Metadata

Deezloader - music you expect to find on Deezer (similar to iTunes, Spotify) - MP3, 320k/s LAME (?) - easy UI (spotify-like) - quality images and good metadata & tags (iTunes-like)
Recent problems: they changed the API. You now need an SID from a login. don't trust Deezloadr etc., the 2.3.1? open-source is the only one to be trusted, but you need to edit some .js and create some throwaway account, then renew the SID everytime the cookie expires.

datmusic.xyz & VK - scenier stuff, good for single tracks - MP3, bad to good quality, depends on their source, tends to be upsampled - shit UI, single trax is best - depends on source, metadata is shit most of the time

Soulseek (torrnt, needs VPN) - even scenier stuff, but still some stuff missing, esp. in higher quality - u can get nice quality, even FLAC, depends on their source, MP3s are sometimes upsampled - ok UI with folders but terrible CPU load- depends on source, metadata is ok most of the time because users care

Sorry forgot to format

Rutracker, now where do I get high quality album art for obscure shit?

oh, for checking real sample rate, SPEK is pretty ok, with drag & drop, but normally depends on the codec etc., look it up "true bitrate" etc.

I use a Youtube downloader and then convert the file to .wav so it
works on my iPhone. I think Youtube has the highest quality sound so make sure it's on 4K. Make sure you have something nice to listen with check for IEMs from china but I use Beats I got for my birthday.

End result is still usually identical, though - the creator of the original doesn't get a dime.

>Don't have an invite
RIP me

I remember when i first got on a computer, i found Sonic mp3 player. it had links to music to download. I was looking for a mp3 player then i got it, then it had mp3 downloads linked on it, all over the place.

should just be like that.

Not really the same. In theft, the owner has lost the value of the item, in piracy the owner has lost nothing but the potential for a sale that may not have happened anyways.

I download it from fuck off newfag you have to be over 18 to post here

Labels make it so the artist doesn't receive a dime anyways, artists make their money off of live shows. Labels are practically just advertisement for their shows, albums are the product of making music easily consumable in a tried-and-true format.

>All the newfags in this thread
I thought Sup Forums was a techboard, but I guess anyone who isn't a retard wouldn't bump this thread
sage

thanks for this!

>shutup and stop tryign to get online to steal my copyrights
nobody fucking cares about your stupid fucking mp3's. you suck anyway and consider it free advertising where using free speech here. its sharing not fucking jew world order temple of babel

I'm talking about the retards actually downloading music from Youtube. You think I actually give a fuck about copyright? DMCA can suck my fat cock and the RIAA can eat my ass for all I care.

I always thought that there were some seekrit klub IRC channels where you could XDCC songs or albums

you where bitching at everybody for talking about mp3s on tech
music is technology, its advancement so. like what are you saying

go ask this faggot where to download from he seems to know the source if not being it

Youtube with a conversion addon
Amazon MP3
Bandcamp
nyaa.si
nyaa.pantsu.cat
soundpark.world
Random direct download websites that come up when I search for something I can't find on the others above
Actual CDs

In that order, but I do go out of my way to find .flac if possible. Yes I buy some music, but I'm not about to go back and buy all of the stuff I've already downloaded for free over the years.

>mp3s are technology
shit technology, yes
and kys I was bitching at everyone not roasting the retards in this thread

but you bitched at everybody
including OP.

yea youtube haha stupid wow 128kb mp3 download sucks

try asking someone to direct connect to you and share. theres nothing illegal about sharing, its the internet

soulseek

who cares OP your thread is shit anyways
and 128 kbps (AAC) sounds like straight ass if you're not a third-world shitter

you bitched at op.
im moking about them
damn fucking crackhead

as i said go download /why didnt you acknowledge this/ some shit from someone sharing
shut th efuck up and stop bitching at everyone

Usually the artist's label provides a digital rip for download when I buy their CD or vinyl.

all this autistic rage holy shit read your post before you reply dumbass

But still better than 128mp3
Problem is that many YouTube converters take the 128m4a to 128mp3 which sounds even worse

you bitched at the op and topic for being here and still are bitching when im helping op get an answer and at anyone who likes the music technology thread

read what you say before (((you))) reply

theres nothing where going to agree on here so you go on a rage yelling at me using anime pictures to get people to agree with you with
l a m e
encoder.exe

>where
ESL go away

im on topic wtf are you even talking about
>esl ?

Google Play Music All Access™

this

The music store near me. Buy a CD for $4 and rip it to my computer, put it on my PMP and upload to Google play as compressed MP3 for casual listening.