GPUs

I am starting to believe that GPU's are never gonna go down in price.

It just does not make sense for them to do so... and here is why:

1: Its cheap if you look it like a business investment. 1000$ is not that much if you wanna start a business and 1000$ is all it takes to get your foot in the door. Unlike opening a restaurant or a shop of any kind of becoming a landlord.

2. Its modular and easy to grow. You can start with the 1000$ or with 100000$ dollars when your done setting the rigs its almost hands free experience. Compared to shops/restaurants and even landlords this is nothing in commitment.

3. Running expenses on the project are minimal... you pay for electricity and that is it. You cards and equipment have 2-3 years warranty if anything happens. Compared to all the utilities running any kind of store (salary for workers, electricity, stock and what not) paying a electricity bill is easy.

4. ROI is ridiculously fast. If you are a landlord you are looking for 15 years ROI at best. Not much different with stores. With mining you get ROI in 6 months if things turn sour most of the times it can be even 2-3 months.

So it just makes no sense sadly for GPUs to drop in prices. If nothing else they may continue to rise. The ROI is too fast and the deal to sweet.

I am not trying to agitate anyone if i have to point a finger at someone it will be AMD and NVDIA for not pushing out more cards... but they just have their own strategy.

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/coins?utf8=✓&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=0&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=1&adapt_q_vega56=0&adapt_q_vega64=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_1050Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=0&adapt_q_1070Ti=0&adapt_q_1080=1&adapt_1080=true&adapt_q_1080Ti=0ð=true&factor[eth_hr]=23.3&factor[eth_p]=140.0&grof=true&factor[gro_hr]=44.5&factor[gro_p]=150.0&x11gf=true&factor[x11g_hr]=13.5&factor[x11g_p]=145.0&cn=true&factor[cn_hr]=580.0&factor[cn_p]=100.0&eq=true&factor[eq_hr]=550.0&factor[eq_p]=130.0&lre=true&factor[lrev2_hr]=46500.0&factor[lrev2_p]=150.0&ns=true&factor[ns_hr]=1060.0&factor[ns_p]=150.0&lbry=true&factor[lbry_hr]=360.0&factor[lbry_p]=150.0&bk2bf=true&factor[bk2b_hr]=2150.0&factor[bk2b_p]=150.0&bk14=true&factor[bk14_hr]=3300.0&factor[bk14_p]=150.0&pas=true&factor[pas_hr]=1250.0&factor[pas_p]=150.0&skh=true&factor[skh_hr]=36.5&factor[skh_p]=150.0&factor[l2z_hr]=300.0&factor[l2z_p]=300.0&factor[cost]=0.06&sort=Profitability7&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor[exchanges][]=&factor[exchanges][]=bittrex&factor[exchanges][]=bleutrade&factor[exchanges][]=cryptopia&factor[exchanges][]=poloniex&factor[exchanges][]=yobit&dataset=Main&commit=Calculate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GPUs just have a different purpose now. Gaming is expensive now because it's done with mining equipment.

>Gaming is expensive now because its done with mining equipment
Mining is cheap because its done with gaming equipment

I have 2 2GB 960s, are they worth a damn when it comes to mining?

Indeed, works both ways.

told you nvidia is shit

Well the easiest thing is to trow it to Nicehash and see what it spews out as income per day.

The most profitable way is to look at coin announcement threads really new ones and mine (if they are minable) and get some quick coins before the other people join in.

Any beginners mining rig guides?

don't forget that nu-AI needs GPUs to be "intelligent"

All depends on age user.

When you are young you more entertained by video games. I still am by games such as Witcher 3.

When you get older not so much. You are more entertained by other stuff... some or entertained by their cars i am entertained with mining.

Thing is when i was a kid 1000$ was insane amount of money i gathered more than a year for that amount of cash. Now days its not much... when i have to factor rent/bills/gas for car and so on. So i can afford to buy a top of the line PC every 2 months or so if i really wanted. And this is when for me GPU's became a mining equipment not gaming equipment.

Youtube is full of it.

If you are truly new and have no money you can start with 1 card slapped on your existent PC and mine with the extra card. RX 580 is a good middle class one

i'll sell you my rx 580 8gb for only $500.

Ive just got my gaming rig with a 1080

They will go down in price when inevitable correction occurs (it appears to be happening as we speak).

The craze is nothing more than classical speculation bubble fueled by greed and stupidity of the economically literate.

The only winners of the whole affair are electric companies, resellers, early birds, astute investors and scalpers.

Majority of the miners are the big losers who took overwhelming mass of the risk and gain very little if any returns at all.

This is like copied from a text book. If i may add some comments on your statements.

>They will go down in price when inevitable correction occurs (it appears to be happening as we speak).

Correction means that the market take a dip to consolidate before pushing for a new high. BTC is rising currently as I speak... almost 12000$. Even if BTC crashes there multiple of promising coins to take his place (ETH, NEO, LISK) and many others which also provide a service beside being just coins.

>The craze is nothing more than classical speculation bubble fueled by greed and stupidity of the economically literate.

The "craze" has being going for almost 10 years now... BTC did not start at 12 000$. One can make a point that crypto is a emerging market much like the internet was.

>The only winners of the whole affair are electric companies, resellers, early birds, astute investors and scalpers.

I guess this is what people though about the car, sliced bread and BTC at 100$

>Majority of the miners are the big losers who took overwhelming mass of the risk and gain very little if any returns at all.

2xROI (at minimum) in a year is no returns... go say that to every business owner. If it was so unprofitable card would not continue to rise.

Check this: whattomine.com/coins?utf8=✓&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=0&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=1&adapt_q_vega56=0&adapt_q_vega64=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_1050Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=0&adapt_q_1070Ti=0&adapt_q_1080=1&adapt_1080=true&adapt_q_1080Ti=0ð=true&factor[eth_hr]=23.3&factor[eth_p]=140.0&grof=true&factor[gro_hr]=44.5&factor[gro_p]=150.0&x11gf=true&factor[x11g_hr]=13.5&factor[x11g_p]=145.0&cn=true&factor[cn_hr]=580.0&factor[cn_p]=100.0&eq=true&factor[eq_hr]=550.0&factor[eq_p]=130.0&lre=true&factor[lrev2_hr]=46500.0&factor[lrev2_p]=150.0&ns=true&factor[ns_hr]=1060.0&factor[ns_p]=150.0&lbry=true&factor[lbry_hr]=360.0&factor[lbry_p]=150.0&bk2bf=true&factor[bk2b_hr]=2150.0&factor[bk2b_p]=150.0&bk14=true&factor[bk14_hr]=3300.0&factor[bk14_p]=150.0&pas=true&factor[pas_hr]=1250.0&factor[pas_p]=150.0&skh=true&factor[skh_hr]=36.5&factor[skh_p]=150.0&factor[l2z_hr]=300.0&factor[l2z_p]=300.0&factor[cost]=0.06&sort=Profitability7&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor[exchanges][]=&factor[exchanges][]=bittrex&factor[exchanges][]=bleutrade&factor[exchanges][]=cryptopia&factor[exchanges][]=poloniex&factor[exchanges][]=yobit&dataset=Main&commit=Calculate

the value of 90% of memecoins around is tied to BTC/USD

Its set for your card that why its so long.

GPUs were literally made available by the games market you retard

Don't buy meme coins... buy the real deal.

Would you look at that i can buy LTC/ETH/NEO/RIPPE/DASH/ZEC and many other without BTC... who could have known.

You are among those who are too emotionally invested into whole thing and unable to accept cold hard reality.

Craze only has been going on for a few months at most. Cryptocurrencies are nothing new and exciting. There's a reason why every major financial institution avoids the stuff like the plague. Here's a hint, it is too volatile and illiquid by design.

The correction will burn so many "miners" and it end-up will destroying what little faith the public had in it. It will cause noticeable real-world effect since so many "miners" stake their personal savings, home equity and other futures on it.

when BTC crashed yesterday, so did LTC/ETH/etc

Whats your point faggot?!

Cars existed before trucks.
Boats before cargo ships.

Things change and adapt...

Muh video games... what if i tell you that the most powerful GPU's are mostly used for video editing...

Craze only has been going on for a few months at most. Cryptocurrencies are nothing new and exciting.
>Craze only has been going on for a few months at most.

>Cryptocurrencies are nothing new and exciting.
>Craze
>nothing new and exciting.

Congrats you what being the person that thing there is craze without excitement

>The correction will burn so many "miners" and it end-up will destroying what little faith the public had in it. It will cause noticeable real-world effect since so many "miners" stake their personal savings, home equity and other futures on it.

I will quote wall street: "Don't invest what you not willing to lose" If i decide to sell everything i have and invest/buy a burger joint as a business and Macdonalds opens next to me... whos fault is that?!

The whole world economy crashed in 2008 because of the Lemon brothers... but it recovered. The whole of crypto may crash cause of BTC but it will recover without it too.

>The "craze" has being going for almost 10 years now
no it hasn't, it's been maybe 18 months. People were literally dumping their wallets before that

Yes, step 1: you're too late if you didn't already own the hardware, step 2: sorry

Eh, supply will meet demand eventually. On the flipside, downturns in crypto will create a massive surplus making GPU's super cheap.

You were debating whether it was mining with gaming equipment or gaming with mining equipment, I'm proving to you that it's the former, you baboon

>On the flipside, downturns in crypto will create a massive surplus making GPU's super cheap.

No it won't you fucking idiot, GPUs used in mining are worthless

go on neweeg, just out of curiosity
they're selling six packs of graphics cards now (a lot of options, different brands)
And, even at "wholesale" discounts, prices still are way above msrp

this shit is here to stay

I was making a point that it depends on the perceptive... you jackass.

Is a GPU a gaming equipment to a video editor? No its not its a video editing equipment.

Same for a crypto miner a GPU is mining equipment.

For a gamer the GPU is gaming equipment.

GOD like i have to explain to a 3 year old that for some people knives are weapons to kill people for other though its cooking equipment to cut food.

what are my options here as a poor fag that just wants a card for gayming?
Do I wait couple more months and see whats gonna happen or do I bite the bullet and overpay?
Currently with gtx 750 not ti

1060 3GB are still affordable i think.
Or just import from the UK or somewhere the prices haven't increased as much. They're only £30-40 above msrp here. Even with high shipping costs you save a lot.

>if i have to point a finger at someone it will be AMD and NVDIA for not pushing out more cards

I see this said all the time. The issue with this thinking is that both companies would need to increase production 2-3 fold. With memory shortages still on going, this is highly unlikely.

Even if that were to happen, it would just reduce the cost of entry in to mining again, increasing the number of people getting in to it... That is if people with GPU farms don't just buy more because the cards are cheap enough to expand again.

The genie is out of the bottle, and nothing short of invalidating the technology will end this. Good luck with that.

It is if they buy a card marketed towards gaming e.g. GTX 1070/1080
Titans are for rendering.

No, cards under 4gb vram aren't ase useful

Does this mean gaymen laptops are going to become cheaper than their desktop equivalent?

>Its cheap if you look it like a business investment.
Mining buttcoin is not a "business investment".

Volta better be normal MSRP when it's released.

I just can't see the balance point for this.
ramping up production on the supply side doesn't come cheap, is risky as fuck (it's actually the riskiest move any company faces, from micro to gigantic corporations), but on the other hand we might find new coins or new big players joining the fray mitigating that risk and keeping supply constricted.
mining cards won't do shit, since when they sell out, big miners will still cannibalize regular versions, since they've already proved that they don't really mind inflating these things to absurd levels.
software locks for regular versions? doubt that's even possible without causing problems for normal use, and probably anyone who can follow a tutorial would simply reflash the bios/firmware
and the stabilizing point for ALL cryptos? normalization, that's at least some 10 or even more years away
yeah, asics will eventually come before that for "old" coins, but there will be many more new ones still viable on gpus, which get a perfectly organic boost for farmers with millions already invested in gpu's, fuck I wouldn't doubt new coins being created only that sole purpose, to keep the gpu viability going strong

>marketed towards
What the fuck does marketing have to do with anything?
That's just a method of attracting customers, it does not change the functionality of a card.

titans are cheaper than 1080ti on newegg right now.

yeah, boutique AIO's will also probably get a nice boost in market segmentation for the desktop.
fuck, another nail in the build your own PC coffin.

Lehman

is this what i should be going, not 1050ti?

>GPUs
>GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNITS
>aka VIDEO cards
>edgy designs adorned with RGB LEDs
Yeah, totally designed for mining.

The only people profiting from this are early adopters and people who were able to scale at macro scale, ie. rich people investing in it and becoming even richer.

This is probably the beginning of the end considering how popular it's become this time around--literally the shelves are cleaned out at every store.

They are already going down in price

>it does not change the functionality of a card.
why don't you go compare project rendering, gaming, and mining results for a vega frontier edition and a 1080 then, you colossal fucking retard

"Lehman" is a funny way of spelling "Federal Reserve"

How are they going down in price if they are out of stock?

Rx 580 8GB is no where to be seen

He is right you dense fuck!

I could market vibrators for 100+ grandpas with zero libido.

This does not mean that the product "vibrator" is made for that group. The real buyers are gonna be women in their prime.

The fact that i am marketing towards old greezers means only that i suck at marketing.

>buy new rig two days before black friday """""sale""""""
>16gb 3200mhz RAM and a 1080
>mainly for gayman
>realize I don't like videogames as much
>PC stands idle 90% of the time
>see price increase on RAM and GPU
>tfw
>see salty nocoiner waitfag cry about insane GPU prices
>mineranon extracts more salt from said nocoiner/waitfag by showing his mining results from a 1080 mining a shitcoin in its stealth phase and piques my interest
>nocoiner/waitfag BAWWWS in denial and demands more proofs
>mineranon shows screenshot of hash rate and other shit but is a faggot and doesn't reveal which coin; doesn't include pool address in screenshot like a homosex
>basedanon reveals coin (privacy coin); I can't find it on google because 2obscure4u
>basedanon gives me github link
>been mining stealth shitcoin for four days now
>PGE website shows my power cost ALMOST THE FUCKING SAME with my PC running 24/7

Gib link user

And I can already imagine the new mid-high tier Volta gaming cards going for $1K+.

RIP to anyone building a rig in 2018.

>tfw I'm a faggot and I'm not going to because that will increase hashrates which will make difficulty higher.
Not until when I'm at 1m coins user

Your point being?

>Criptocurrency being shut down by (((governments)))
>Hundreds of thousands of people stuck with multiple-GPU rigs suitable for nothing else

The biggest correction just happened and miners didn't give a shit. Unless the market crashes comoletely then GPU prices are never going back to normal.

>>Criptocurrency being shut down by (((governments)))
people have been saying that for the last 8 years and it hasn't happened and is not close to happening
idiot

>Criptocurrency being shut down by (((governments)))
the eternal nocoiner

You don't know (((who))) they are

At least the name... or is the name privacy coin

>I blame my shitty decisions and life on jews
It's a monero clone (a privacy coin) and it's COMFY

Projecting much?

Vega 56 already dropped $200 since yesterday for a new one on Amazon.

do you even know what projecting means you stupid goy

Yeah, it's implying I have made shitty decisions in my life. I just throw a joke about the GPu rigs and you went full mad.

>not getting into crypto in its mining phase
>not a shitty decision
lel

It works one way. All those GPUs are marketed as gaming items and manufacturers are even trying to discourage use for mining by adding agreement shit like "warranty doesn't cover unintended purposes such as mining"

>"warranty doesn't cover unintended purposes such as mining"
>implying you can prove that

miner here. yes, gpus will come back down. they have, in my opinion, almost outlived their usefulness for mining; most miners are migrating to purpose-built asic units (pictured)

From my ignorance. What's the difference between a computer and an ASIC.

>miner here
>doesn't know about asic-resistant coins

No offence user i like ASIC's however plenty of dev teams don't like them and actively try to make their coin resistant.

And it takes time to make a ASIC for a new algo.

>ETH has no ASIC and its almost out of POW

AMD could just bundle monitors and shit like they did with the VEGA launch. There's some hope, but it's bleak.

your shitcoin will never gain value anyway.

there are like 10000 alternatives already

There is one itsy bitsy problem, what this private mining is called is pre-mine. The dev team mines coins before releasing the product.

Things is its frown upon the community and such coins are avoided

support risc-v based gpu designs

>your shitcoin will never gain value anyway.
>eth, ltc, fucking dogecoin
>The dev team mines coins before releasing the product.
The coin isn't being pre-mined. The coin has been released stealthily. It's available for people to mine if they know where to look. It's not yet listed. There's a difference between a coin that is being premined vs. a coin that's not being shilled and is still unlisted.

dogecoin? that was 4 years ago. things changed

I USE THESE FOR MEMESHENE LEARNING! STOP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we need this

point is even shitcoins powered by nothing but memes will moon

The price will stay the same forever just like the new mobile phones always cost ~900$. And it will get better every time just so little that they can get away with.

>The coin isn't being pre-mined. The coin has been released stealthily. It's available for people to mine if they know where to look. It's not yet listed.
That's still pre-mining, only there's not only the devs benefiting from it.

All miners together train skynet.
Prove me wrong.

Fuck imaginary money, eventually EVERYONE will want a share of it, and that's when regulations will come

What pisses me off is that they think that they are somewhat better because 'muh coins'.

Miners are a cancer to not only the gaming community, a cancer to the computing world in general, people are so desperate for money when they do jack shit to actually earn it.

I wouldn't care about mining if they didn't impact the whole fucking market to the point where trying to build any kind of computer that half decent costs a fucking fortune.

> mfw I own an old ass iphone that I dont plan on upgrading for this reason. $900 for a fucking phone that cost $120 to make that is now a mature product... Top fuckin kek. Got a battery replacement and it is as good as new.

Companies attempting to price gouge the next wave of tech are going to get BTFO.

Dude, just start mining and pay for the PC that way.
Stealth mine a lowcap coin and then buy 10 GPUs when it moons if that's your fancy.

You have no idea how much money is moving in this shit.

Are you autistic, user?

>Dude, just start mining and pay for the PC that way.
>Need lots of money to get GPU's to mine.
>GPU prices are through the fucking roof
>Mining doesn't actually get you anything worth while anyway
>The amount you actually make is comparable to nothing unless you have a super computer

you truly, are a fag user.

I've been holding off on building a comp due to this shit

Should I just cave and buy a pre-built gayman PC with a 1080ti in it? Do pre-built PCs use shit tier parts or something?

Maybe and hopefully they'll leave middle-high range GPUs alone once Volta releases
just >hodl it in there, friend

Prebuilt are fine quality-wise they're just marked up and loaded with pointless shit.

What part of ---lowcap--- did you not understand.
I'll give you two tips.

TRTL and SUMO.
Mine and hold.

I'm not contributing a single compute cycle to this cancer and I have 5 GPUs (1070s/1080s). I don't want my name ever associated w/ the ledgers that mark you fags.

>marked up
you right, but right now a 1080ti is like $1200 at least... and that's if you can even find one

the entire prebuilt rig is gonna be hecka cheaper unless god himself can place a shining platinum 1080ti into the palms of my delicious hands

>cant resell vega 56 for double what i paid because theres nothing else to buy

oh well, its still making a profit everyday while letting me gayme

Then pick the coin with the default ringsize of 13 and pipe your shares over a VPN or Tor.

It's free fucking money to validate these networks.
How dumb do you have to be?