Void linux pozzed

Finally a linux distro that isn't pozz- nvm

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180116.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

recommend me a systemd free distro, /gnu/.

gentoo you dumb fuck

Source Mage, install it

antiX

Source Mage is cancer

>compile everything
nah

CirnOS

Devuan

fuck off jaromil you SJW

GuixSD

it's absolutely useless. I tried really hard to get into it actually. but any time you want to install a package it wants to rebuild everything and then the mirror just happens to be slow that day. I want to say it's a cool academic idea but not useful in practice.

gentoo is the only "major" distribution without systemd
I really wish debian went with openrc

so did Ian.....

RIP

Actually you can discard pulseaudio/systemd/avahi pretty easily on jessie and replace systemd with openrc

i'd rather use a distro that doesn't bow to the potterings

Another reason to be happy to use macOS.

Alpine Linux. Systemd free and as an added bonus, GNU free as well

bretty good

Void. Devuan. Debian manually removing sustemD

made by a SJW, no thank you.

you can't on stretch though, since a lot of things depend on udev (systemd-udevd)

don't forget antiX

>implying macOS is even remotely heterosexual

Does the fact that Alpine being GNU free cause a lack of packages of any kind ?
How well does it work out of the box ?

Is it possible to set up gentoo in a way so that I don't have to worry about compiling my system?
For example with distcc or something.
I'd really like a stable distro where I don't have to do any maintenance at all.

>I'd really like a stable distro where I don't have to do any maintenance at all.
For me, it's this plus not being systemd.

your laptop was probably assembled by commies in some chink factory. why are you using it if you don't like things commies make?

>thinking the right wing is Nazi
>supporting a former dead soviet state
>in AMERICA
t-truly the b-best timeline...?

What are you talking about, Gentoo isn't even major, nor is it the only distro without systemd

AntiX is brilliant. Not only is it systemd-free but it is optimized down to the source code, i.e the thing that most ricers and Arch users on here dont even take a look at

Faggot's Law: any sufficiently popular piece of software will be used by at least 1 faggot.

What's wrong with void? I want to try void and alpine

Who the fuck is this guy and what does he have to do with Void and

He's the lead Void dev.

TempleOS

Not that user, but I just installed AntiX on a VBox vm. Very smooth and intuitive, with some nice alternatives for most programs. Full disclosure: I'm used to Linux Mint MATE environment, so AntiX is quite different, especially regarding which programs it uses for things like text editing and such, and in the way config files are easier to get to. Seems like if Mint is the beginner's distro, then perhaps AntiX might be the intermediate distro (or am I not seeing its potential for advanced use yet)?

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180116.iso

>the post-ironic discordbro distro
Thanks, now I don't even have to try it out.

is that windowmaker?

>discord
come visit us on #cloveros irc.rizon.net

Wtf is that

Yes

pony fuckers need to be shoa'ed

It's a bit rough around the edges in some ways because of its embedded focus, but it's good overall. It has all the GNU tools in its repos (including glibc if I remember correctly) so even proprietary software should work with the right environment variables and maybe some symlinks.

Oh ok, that's actually very bad

I guess I'll finally install gentoo

Bedrock with gentoo init stratum.

This. The ponyfags have gone too far. Enough is enough.

>he thinks you can actually fully replace systemd
yikes

>libre linux
>10 wireless cards are supported

>implying gentoo is major
>implying slackware is not major by your standards
>implying devuan is also not major by your standards
Why do you need a "major" distro? What benefit does this give you? Linux guides apply to almost any other distro and quite often *BSD too. Most of the software is common between distros, so it's not like additional testing on your specific distro will make much of a difference.

>alpine
>pulseaudio is on the testing branch
>networkmanager is on the edge branch
>texlive is currently broken and bug reports from early 2016 indicate the same bug was around then
I use alpine as a USB liveboot distro, but I don't think I'd want it as a full time desktop distro. I'd probably go with Gentoo + openrc + musl + busybox if I really wanted to go minimal.

>void
I could not figure out how to install this with LUKS + LVM. the documentation for the install process is pretty bad.
>devuan
Doesn't have networkmanager.
I used this for a few days. seemed like debian but better otherwise.

why the fuck would you want pulseaudio or network manager

Not an sjw, but why does this matter if it isn’t affecting the development of the district? This isn’t like Leah with libreboot or randi with bsd, this is literally the first time I’ve heard that the lead dev was like this and I’ve used void for like 8 months AND contributed a bunch of packages to the repo. If it doesn’t affect the project why should I care?

Because we're getting polarized by altism. Not caring means you're not a cool internet intellectual. I'm not sure how a man wearing clown makeup affects development, though. It's just someone being a jackass.

>redhat software is bad meme

>why the fuck would you want pulseaudio
Well for one, there are applications, like firefox, that don't support ALSA, so your only option is pulseaudio (you might be able to use JACK for some of them, but it's not widely supported).
Pulseaudio is a pretty good audio mixer. It may have had a rocky start, but I haven't had any issues with it in many years. you also get a mixer for individual streams coming into pulseaudio, which you don't get with dmix.
>why the fuck would you want network manager
What are the alternatives if you want to connect to wifi? wpa_supplicant and Wicd? Wicd is trash and wpa_supplicant is painful to use.

>Not an sjw, but why does this matter if it isn’t affecting the development of the district?
>that autocorrect
phone poster detected
>This isn’t like Leah with libreboot
That didn't affect the project in any significant way. it just removed the GNU label from it.

exactly, and imo people can be as jackassly as they want in their personal lives as long as it doesn’t come into play concerning things I actually care about. Do most of these anti-sjw types just not have friends in the real world, and no girlfriend? It just truly boggles my mind that people allow their decisions to be controlled by people they hate for some surface reason. “I used to like void Linux but now I have to stop using it because a man wore make up!” Who are the real cucks here?

it did affect the project though, luckily she was stopped but she was going to tank it by forcing everyone else working on the project to bail

everyone who complained said they were just planning on moving to coreboot, which was upstream from libreboot, so it wouldn't have made a huge difference

Will I become better if I repeat this 100 times every ay

my point was that her mental instability/ personal issues interferes with the development of a project, but you are correct

wpa_supplicant is the only thing I've ever used and I have never seen the need to seek out anything else.

what part of .eu didn't you understand motherfucker?

What.