Why do windows games have better performance on linux?

Why do windows games have better performance on linux?

Lot's of games released for the penguin were initially made for windows and ported later. Usually these ports don't get as much love from the devs as the windows version because the Linux version will ship a lot less anyway.

It's not a penguin problem but just Windows having a bigger audience.

This doesn't answer OP's question lmao.

that doesn't explain why they run better on linux.

oops. it says "on" instead of "than"

I'll show myself out.

Many factors, most of the time vga drivers are not optimized well
Opebgl based game instead some time runs better in linux (left4dead 2)

do they?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Windows just has better driver support. While Linux has less overhead, which in theory should lead to better preformance. Windows is King for driver optimization and support.

if they have proper wine support they do.
I get much better performance on linux emulators than windows.

>better performance on Linux
Well you see, Linux is an operating system for poor people. Poor people buy AMD hardware and thus those same poor people write drivers for their poor people AMD gpu, for Linux.

Basically it only seems better because your poor. when wealthy people with a sense of intellectualism try to install your complicated poor people os linux to experience the increased performance you mentioned, they will run into some problems.

after a few days pass and they finally sort out the driver issue that made the num lock key throw the Linux OS into kernal panic, they try to figure out why it only runs is 640x480 resolution so they find out how to use pacman to install nvidia driver and then they'm finally have a working Linux (OS) system

they install csgo like normal people do and can't bust past 60 fps on ultra
what's up with that? its because they have an actually good gpu and you linux os retards cant've figure out how to write a drive for nvidia linux so its actually worse.

basically Op your poor and have an amd card

because its not

>being this retarded

>being this mad

>Sup Forums in charge of reading comprehension

>playing multiplayer game on Wangblows
>suddenly get 700 ping and start disconnecting from the server while my HDD starts writing at max speed
>Shitbowels Update Service randomly decided to start downloading a 10GB update
This is why.

Because Linux uses hardware more efficiently. Not only is the kernel better itself, but being fully open source lets hardware manufacturers better optimize their drivers for Linux.

DirectX vs OpenGL

And shitty drivers of course.

Looks like OP is asking the opposite. He is wrong tho, every single game I tried on Linux ran worse.

fuck off, asshole.

Vulkan probably. Expect more titles do the same.

holy shit. Never seen that pic. Thanks for the laff.

cs go perfom poorly compared to winidows, it's literally the only reason i still dualboot.