Fractal cases sucks ass

>buy fractal design r2 xl case
>hear annoying humming noise every second

For fuck sake everyone says it's a silent case

Maybe you should get with the times and use an SSD you pleb.
(You). Saged when.

Bruh, R5 is coming soon. Why did you buy such an old case?

Also any cases below R4 are trash. Your fault.

I mean R6.

>hear annoying humming noise every second
>puts his PC on TOP of his desk
>cheaps out on fans
>doesn't buy noctua memeshitfans for relaxing whitenoise

r6 is a piece of shit and PSU covers are retarded and creates more heat, also makes it harder and more annoying to build a PC

R5 is unironically better than R6 but all Fractal Design cases are shit

That's a nice list of assumptions, which everything is wrong. Why are Fractal shills so fucking stupid?

I am using Noctua fans, the PC is not on the desk or anywhere close to it and Noctua fans aren't cheap or made out of bad quality. You are a fucking moron.

what Noctua fans are you using big boy?

So get something else?

>wants silent case
>doesn't buy Define S
>cries about noise
Retard

Every single case I've used have been silent, except Fractal cases

and Fractal advertises their cases as "silent", you fucking mouthbreather

Have you tried the Define S though? S stands for silent. Literally.

yes, i let my dog shit on it, then i sold the case to some poor loser

Should I get a soundcard?
My Gigashite mobo has some serious interference and nothing I've tried helped.
USB DAC is an option, but all the reasonably priced seem chinkshit and only stereo, the rest is mortgage required tier.

>>hear annoying humming noise every second

Open and listen carefully for what makes the noise.
Clean all the fans of dust and lubricate the bearings.
Almost always the culpit is the PSU fan or maybe some case fan is set to 100%

>has ventilated bottom
>points PSU fan away from it

Yes.
Asus Xonar DG is fucking godsent.
>super clear from any noise
>enough power to drive 64Ohm phones
>Generally more power to drive better more clear lows
Soundcard is a better upgrade than an SSD

If you just want shitty surround sound sure. A USB dac is going to be better quality though, and I'm sure whatever speakers you have that require more than stereo are probably worse than decent bookshelf speakers.

> hear annoying humming noise every second
Mine doesn't. Fix your fans or drives.

>enough power to drive 64Ohm phones
So about as much power as a laptop? Let me know when it drives 300ohm headphones.

The sound dampening on the panels in Fractal Design cases does nothing.
When that's said, what you're hearing is probably from your hard drives and not your fans.
The Antec P18* cases that Fractal Design got all their inspiration from are more silent than FD Define series.

That makes the PSU fan suck the hot air oit of the case inproving the airflow and also less dust sucked in from the bottom

I'm using headphones 99% of the time, but having the option is useful. ATH-AVC500 to be precise.

Which one? There's like 7 different versions.

What you're pointing out doesn't mean what you think it means.

I always find people complaining about the noise their computer makes to be bizarre. Do you all sit in perfectly silent rooms when you're on your PC. Are you not listening to music? No kids playing outside? Planes flying over? Cars driving by? Why are you so sensitive to ambient sounds?

Have you tried messing with the hdd trays, I've heard that or the bottom dust filter being loose can be a source of noise in fractal cases.

>Which one
Any one really.
Any soundcard is infinitely better than the built in one

>R5 is unironically better than R6

Funny, I couldn't help but think the same when the R6 was released. People buy the R-series cases for their 3.5 and 5.25 inch slots, if they didn't care about those they'd go for a Define S from the same maker or some other case. Yet if you compare the R6 to the R5, it only has one instead of two 5.25 bays and only six 3.5 sleds instead of 8. And it doesn't just end there, the shroud at the bottom is non-removable so if you try to use a fanless PSU (not an unreasonable assumption as Fractal markets their cases as silence-focused) it will simply choke on those tiny vent holes and if you want to use a fan at the top of the case you have open the entire top because the cover is now a single piece instead of three separate covers of the R5 where you only had to open the fan slots you are actually using. Basically the only thing the R6 has going for it is aesthetics with the shroud, vertical GPU mount and tempered glass, but functionality-wise it's such a massive step back from the R5. I was completely baffled how the R6 was showered *everywhere* with positive reviews and nobody pointed out that the R6 falls short of its own predecessor while being more expensive than the R5.

I fell for the r5 meme a year ago
My RAID get into resonance and hard drives are acting juste as they were fucking dildos

it's the case itself you retard

I do some voice work. I have put quite a bit of work into making this room silent.
But then again I don't complain about the noise from my case, I sorted that long ago. Now I just help others get around it.

No it's the detachable front panel or whatever it's called, you know, the entire thing

it's basically so loose that it vibrates every other component including the motherboard

this is their best case currently

kek, i know that feel.

Hahaha that's really bad.
How does that case work again? Do the fans mount to the front bezel or to the case?
If they attach to the case then just get some aftermarket dust filters and throw the front panel in a corner.

The cases dont make noise on their own user

>only six 3.5 sleds instead of 8
If you looked at the pictures, you'd be able to see that you can fit 11 HDDs though you need to buy extra sleds. In addition, they should provide better cooling than the closed off cages.

front fans mount to the front bezel, every other fan connects to the case itself

This
Arc a close second

Take the front off anyways? Stick them on there with a radiator grille? Then there's no isolation at all though.

Or just tape that shit down

>it's basically so loose that it vibrates every other component including the motherboard

Fold a sheet of paper a couple of times and stick it in to tighten it somehow.

You have no idea what you are talking about by the way. Being able to drive doesn't just refer to outputing enough power to be loud. By that logic, my phone would be enough to drive my hd600.
Major problem with soundcards is very high output impedance, personally lowest output impedance sound card I know about (and owned) is AIM sc808 (around 30Ohm) but that thing costs like $100.
Output impedance of any source should always be 1/8 (or lower) of headphones impedance, so for 64 Ohm headphones It should be around 8 Ohm, I can guarantee you that no consumer grade soundcard has output impedance this low. Otherwise you are distorting sound. In this regard, low impedance headphones are often more difficult to drive properly than high impedance ones.

All that aside, probably doesn't give a fuck about any of this and would be fine with anything that doesn't hiss like shit. Just wanted to let you know there is more to DACs that you think there is.

Try touching the outside panels. See if any of them stops the vibration. If you used zipties go in and make sure none of them are contacting any internal surfaces in a way where they can vibrate.
Then move on to touching things inside with the side panel off. One of them should stop the noise. Then it is just a matter of damping that item.

My Corsair 750D had this issue.

>Don't worry dear customer, you can solve this problem that our previous, less expensive product didn't have by simply giving us more money :^)

Also, the R5 cages aren't that closed off. Once the fresh air is inside the case it will naturally make it's way toward your components because there's no other way to go, HDD cages being there or not.

I just checked and the spec'd output impedence of my fiio e07k is 0.3 ohms. Is there a way that manufacturers game measurements to get them lower?

I don't need anything super fancy, 150€ tops.
I'd be pretty happy with onboard, but this motherboard gets pretty bad hissing.

actually touching the case makes it stop, it might be the zipties

i'll check it out later, to think it'd be zipties tho.. never would've guessed. i know i placed some behind the HDD cage

R4 owner here the vibrating noise comes from the hard drives spinning and causing the bottom dust filter to rattle against the case. If I remove the bottom dust filter I never hear the sound again and if I just re adjust it it goes away for a little while but will come back. Funnily enough securing the filter with rubber washers so it fit more tightly made it worse. Other than that the case is silent.

I have a define mini and haven't experienced this issue though I believe they are of similar design.

user recommendation was good if you don't care. Another option is used Asus DX, can be had for pennies. Asus drivers are trash though.

No, and output impedance of 0.3 Ohms is completely achievable, plenty of amps have near 0 output impedance. It's more of a design choice honestly, there are some very decent dac/amps that have output impedance higher than your fiio, nfb 11.28 for instance. All that matters is to keep this 1/8 ratio in mind, below that it doesn't make audible difference.

What about Creative? Last Sound Blaster I had was Audigy 1 though and the drivers were pretty terrible.

>750 watt PSU for absolutely no reason

No idea, only decent soundcards I've had any experience with were Asus Xonars and AIM sc808 which I don't recommend because you can get decent extarnal dac/amp for the price. I've had some soundblasters before that, but those were crap in era where you basically had to have soundcard (mobos either did not have integrated soundcard or those were absolute crap)
Honestly if you just want to deal with interferences then Xonar DG/DX is very decent choice.
If you want something genuinely good, you could fit Objective2 amp+fiio d3 in your 150 yuro budget, but I doubt you need or would benefit from such setup.
There is also fiio e10k, also in your budget.

Anything in particular I should be watching out for when buying soundcards?
I need to buy one for a friend since his motherboards audio connectors produce a constant hissing. I'd buy him an USB dac like I have but he probably doesn't want that.

Thanks user, I'll look into those as well.
I could probably RMA the board, but that means a month of waiting.

I mean the case itself doesn't make a noise so maybe it's just your shitty components and build

>buy define r5
>need hammer to close the side panel
>fractal says its' normal

It's not even funny how good their designs are. I have the Define S and I love it. They have perfected the minimalist design, nothing is show-offy about their cases, functionality over flash.

>window
You must be over the age of 18 to post on this website

>guhh my blak box is a bigboy case! mommy said so!

I wadded up a tissue between the motherboard tray and back panel to apply pressure outward, dampening vibration. Pretty sure the zipties or molex were the problem, but that solved it. Hope you figure it out user. :)

yea man, check out your screws on your mohterboard, you dont want the thing to fall off

There is functional benefit to not choosing window. My define c case has sound dampening panels instead of gay virgin window.