Prove to me this is a botnet and/or a honeypot

Prove to me this is a botnet and/or a honeypot

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/privacy
discord.gg/GDr46dF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> implying Sup Forums has ever demonstrated any botnet and they're not just a bunch of unemployed neets with barely any in-depth software knowledge

The answer is two words: proprietary

Any closed source software should be considered botnet unless proven otherwise.
Common sense 2018

Look at their privacy policy. They admit there that they use telemetry and spyware, but no botnet.

/thread

>use telemetry and spyware
>no botnet
Get out Sup Forums.

you're running someone elses software. The application maintains a socket connection to their servers. What they chose to do with that is up to them, but we hope it isn't malicious

discordapp.com/privacy

>When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
>Aggregated Information
>we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and (((business partners)))
>You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites
>OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
>Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets
>your information may be part of the transferred assets

Nobody who uses it cares.

One of the operations team employees is a massive asshole that stole source code from some shitty French FPS and threatened to hack people that hurt his feels.

No idea if botnet but I wouldn't trust the people working there.
Also, use Riot.im if you want E2E.

a honeypot for what
it's just selling user data for-profit

/thread

Always read the privacy policy.

There's a Discord "server" (all chatrooms are actually on their private, centralized network) where people keep sharing pirated stuff and teaching others how to commit illicit acts 24hrs/ a day - discord.gg/GDr46dF

I've reported it, but Discord didn't even bother to reply to me.

So yes, it is either a shaddy business or a honeypot used to track wrongdoers.

Like the ignored Twiter CP ring that got busted after the person who discovered it got banned by Twitter for reporting on it

You're such a massive faggot for reporting piracy

Nigerians or try-hard 12 yr olds?

Discord only collects data and information. It doesn't do anything such as trying to control your computer or send threats to you. See .

Therefore, it has telemetry and spyware, not botnet.

>Get out Sup Forums.
I don't browse Sup Forums, you idiot.

get of Sup Forums
you don't know what botnet means here

>stop liking what I don't like

t. autistic child

Anyways, people here call telemetry and spyware as botnet, so it may be a little confusing for them

>reporting piracy

>Why can't I be a felon in peace!

I AM THE LAW

I used to get about 20 Wordpress.com blogs with links to pirated movies and games deleted every month as a hobby.

One of my biggest achievements was the deletion of a LGBT+ rights blog that had a ton of links to movies and articles supporting degenerates (no backups, of course). It was glorious to see their lamenting it on Twitter. There was also this manga translation group that I got banned from about 3 or 5 hosting providers.

Then everyone started to embrace DCMA shit (demanding that only the rights owners themselves report stuff) and I can't do it easily anymore. :(

DMCA*

Doing gods work

if Sup Forums cares about botnet and honeypot so much why does this board still exist?

This

Snitches get stiches

>implying open source shit isn't easily botnet material
just because you can prove otherwise, doesn't mean anyone has the time to or does.

>reporting the autists that make mango available to baka gaijin
Why

They're using a shitty Electron application to steal my funny gaming image macros and Kappa emotes.

>doesn't even know how to identify a botnet
most of Sup Forums unironically agrees with this moron

Systemd in a nutshell

Copyright infringement. They didn't get the rights to do it.

>tfw retarded friends will never switch to mumble because discord is the "popular" chat application
It was the same with shitty fucking skype it's like they hate anything that doesn't monitor their conversations.

It's not. Keep using Discord and drinking your Soylent.

I don't see why anyone would say otherwise. You can really tell from the threads in the catalog RIGHT NOW that the majority of the posters on this board are college sophomores, AT BEST.
>an entire thread dedicated to calling your computer your "battlestation"

Face it, this board is Sup Forums's tech support.

any furry/bars discords?

this

according to this the "cia/nsa/fbi/whatever" manually deletes all threads without cp so I really don't see the problem even if this conspiracy is true

The official translations often take way too long or never happen
There would be very little anime viewership in the states if there weren't fan subs