What is so bad and opressive in this pic from 50's?

What is so bad and opressive in this pic from 50's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VEyDNTLlRgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too white.

WHERE IS THE BUNDA AT

1. The little girl is dressed like a girl. How do YOU know she WANTS to be a girl, shitlord? She could be a boy, but her oppressive rapist father never gave her the chance to find out.
2. The mother is gardening while the father grills the meat. This reinforces stone age gender stereotypes that have no place in a progressive society.
3. The family is eating meat. Is it any wonder we treat women and POC so badly when we build our society on slaughtering helpless animals sold as slaves?
4. That boy's shirt is gay as fuck

is this the same guy?

I would unironically stomp the block in that kid's shirt

Just sayin. *hits blunt and does a donut in the whip*

Amazing, thanks.

An alcoholic–hence abusive–father.

Shirt tucked in trousers, a warning sign for sure.

looks like fucking utopia
looks like what I imagine heaven to be

after a long and productive life of identifying store fronts and food products online, I will die and go to heaven, and all of my white ancestors will be there waiting for me at the great back yard barbecue in the sky.

>alcoholic

dat nigga drinkin straight ketchup from the bottle

that women were socially condemned for being sluts and such

I don't see that in the picture fampai

Also
>whoregentina

kek

OP asked what was so ''bad'' and ''opressive'' in that pic, feminazis believe that having kids is being a sheep, and having a husband is degrading...
can't actually blame them, men think pretty similar

>Here you go, Timmy!
>Gee thanks, Dad!
>Gosh, this soda pop sure is swell!

That scene itself isn't much triggering.
But it implies the inequity of genders. And let's not forget about the beautiful lie of the capitalism.
No light without darkness. For those suburban families to be rich and live such comfortable life, there must exist an army of poor people occupying the lower ranks of society, sustaining the pyramid on their backs.

what a dystopia! they all are compelled to faithfully play their role pushed by social norm: girls should be girly, women should be affectionate and caring, men should be the breadwinner and patriarch, and son should be loyal to him..

Automation.
It's 2016 nigga.

>inequity of genders

The man is doing the cooking and the daughter was served before the son

>mfw I tell people "swell" when they ask how I'm doing

The parents of the kid are a man and a woman. This is like super problematic. It implies the only suitable couple to bring up kids properly is the man-woman one. They should have included a homosexual couple with their adopted kids, that was the only acceptable option.

That's why i said "implied".
You could argue that the woman is a housewife and bring all sorts of gender topics to the table. And cooking barbecue is a common manly thing.

>They should have included a homosexual couple with their adopted kids
and one of them has to be a black person, otherwise is racist

post boipucci

are you fucking kidding me?
how is that not oppressive
are you serious right now?
I can't believe this
racist and sexist much?

Studirs show that children raised in a house with a stay at home mother get better marks, are more socially well adjusted, and are more likely to attend university.

that kid's shirt is cool af

You just know there's something creepy about these so called white utopias, the mother is probably beaten every other night and the kid is molested by some priest or old uncle.

"You want this hot dog faggot? Huh? You gotta reach for it. ha HA you fucking MANLET when will you learn?"

"Dad please"

"Do what he says Jimmy you filty NEET waste of space"

"Pipe down sis!"

"Don't you ever talk to your sister like that, shitlord. This is the reason your father and I cut off your dick skin at birth and grafted it onto my clitoris, isn't that right darling?"

"That's right xir, say that topiary's looking swell! How 'bout a bite of this weiner?"

> And who will work in the factories that build the robots?
Face it, user. If there is someone on top, there must be a hundred beneath his feet. No winners without losers. No Rich without the poor. But everyone wants to be on top, don't they? So everyone keeps fueling the system in hopes of reaching the top one day, deluded by the exceptional propaganda. It's trully a beautiful system. Cruel, evil, destructive, but evil. Just like human nature. And that's why is the system the "works" the best with humans. It's the one that reflects our natural self. Our natural selfish competitive and ephemeral self. We deserve capitalism, capitalism deserves us, and we both deserve to be destroyed.

>soda in the kid's hand

this is the beginning of obesity

>The children will go on to be degenerate baby boomers
So who's fault was it?

The mother is on a heavy doze of opiates or some shit to deal with the fact of being knocked up in freshman high school year by an abusive older man that now cheats on her.
The father is an alcoholic worker's union spokesman addicted to gambling and cheap Asian whores with dicks.
The kid is dealing with severe homosexual desires towards his classmates and as way to repress it he started throwing rocks at black elderly woman with his friends.
The girl is just straight up fucking stupid, look at her fucking stupid fingers, what the fuck is she even holding for christ sake, somebody just start doing something, I'm really freaking out, jesus fucking crisht, why?

>american parenting

Dis

That boy's shirt is covered with cowboys. We all know how cowboys oppressed indians.

I would ask for source but i can see a flaw in that study from the beginning
> Stay home mom
I think what really would make difference in a kids upbringing is a stay home parent or tutor, to keep them company and help their education full time. You see, it wouldn't really help to have a stay home mom who was an alcoholic abusive violent bitch. And I'm surr a good stay home dad would do as much well as the mother. Unfortunately our society looks down on stay home men, you can blame sexism for that. Actually it's a culture just like that picture that made society despise non working men. On this aspect patriarch is not really on your side.

yeah I've been trying to work it in too, along with saying "sore" to mean angry.

p good

>Cruel, evil, destructive, but evil
I meant to say: destructive but beautiful.
Damn my text lost cohesiveness because of it.

cowboys dindu nuffin

Exactly.

> passing advertising images as "life in the 50s"

Don't be a tryhard, user... just do. That's not a hard one to work in, it sounds astute if you're upstanding.

One that I'm inching forward but does not sound astute at all is "danglin."

>"Whats up dude"
>"Danglin at my place"

I kek everytime I try though, I can't take myself seriously

Advertisements are not a depiction of reality, user. They are a fictional creation of what reality is supposed to be like, or at least that's what they want you to believe.
> Wanna be like this? Buy our product
Take a look at this ad, it's from the CURRENT YEAR. Do you think it depicts our reality faithfully?

Well, my wife's girlfriend does peg me, so they got one thing right

>dead white people piled up in a field

yeah

Guy's pants are almost up to his ass, hence an alcohol

That's exactly the depiction of 19th century first half.

you sound like a boring unimpressive person desu

> They are a fictional creation of what reality is supposed to be like, or at least that's what they want you to believe

Better than liberal shit.

>leftists
>family

The woman is probably a feminist with abortion painted in her body.

The guy is gay and the kid is probably adopted and transgender because cis is too opressive.

Who cares it's not reallity? At least they had family standards and they aren't bad.

Did you just assume their gender?

Who cares, if you are leftist, gender is a useless opressive term. Be agender, non-binary, genderqueer, whatever.

Where is their black bull?

Does anyone else have a 1950s suburbia fetish?

rare proxy

>hating on based cowboy shirt
Sounds like we got a dirty communist in our midst.

youtube.com/watch?v=VEyDNTLlRgU
CIVILIZATION

They look like they could appear in a Soundgarden music vidya

Fake idealized pic is fake.

Time to come home to my lovely shoebox home in the suburbs in my car which will impale me in an accident to my lovely alcoholic pill-popping wife, my kids who will become scumbag hippie filth 15 years from now, and enjoy my delicious plastic dinner fortified with Thermoflavin (TM).

That is so beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Meanwhile in USSR

>families don't exist

What exactly is unrealistic about either of the pictures?

Because America projects that it was good for everyone in America and the world.

Only stuff resembling Op pic occurred in non poor whites in the USA.

And so everyone has to have a shit life just because others do, just like in the commie countries. Except for the party officials of course.

You actually mean
> At least they are white beautiful and cis straight
No, I'm not even being post ironic now. There's nothing wrong or inferior about a family like this

Idealized perfect happiness. Real families aren't like this. Was yours?
Real families have problems, rebellious children, fighting parents, are in debt, don't have free time, don't gather around to be together. The father has an affair with a prostitute for 2 years now. The mother is drinking half a bottle of wine per day and smoking hidden under the porch. The children fight each other and hate each other. The son is slowly feeling the effects of puberty and all the conflicts and insecurities in school life,but with a troubled family at home he has no one to ask for help, he feels alone and depressed even at such young age and will probably feel like this forever. The daughter has recurrent feelings of unworthiness and lack of confidence. In the future she will find the support she lacks at home in the arms of a bad boy and his bad crew and she will be lead to mean ways.
Their dog has cancer and will die soon.

No families are perfect. I'm not saying that tgis family suffers from all these problems at once. I exagerated an illustrative example. But surely you won't see that inside an advertisement.

Is the kid drinking a beer?

It's just cocaine.

this deludes amerifats and makes them forget they are fucking fat, which is the true sin

It is a fucking picture. A graphical representation of a moment in time. And yes, perfect, idyllic family moments like this do exist and are, in fact, pretty frequent for many people. There is zero point in including some "btw the mom is drunk and the dog's on crack" element just for the sake of "realism". It would serve no purpose from the point of the advertisement and it's not like people viewing it feel a need to semiotically deconstruct every single thing they see.

>A happy child riding a bike? Preposterous! An *actual* child would be far too busy with the homework heaped on him by our dysfunctional educational system as well as dodging the bottles thrown by his alcoholic father!

Dunno. These ones are always hard. Hmm.

It looks like cocaine, but it's only sadness.

that cunt is about to cut her hand off

If you were young, heterosexual, Christian, and white, that was your '50s. Imagine being black and living in a squalid tenement apartment in Chicago, eating garbage food from shitty grease trap luncheonettes, and dying at 55 like my grandparents' generation did.

That friendship lasted only 5 minutes.

I get that but not every depiction needs to show every facet of a situation. Using the same logic, a somber work about inner city hardships would be "incomplete" as it doesn't show how affluent whites lived.

It's not like anyone actually takes these at face value and thinks that even minorities and those in abject poverty had it just as good. Many will not care, some will even take pleasure in that but they still know. You can't overload every medium with endless disclaimers.

test

The rampant consumerism. The only thing they should be drinking is water, and it should be Jewish corpses on the grill, not weenies. Also, bestial grimaces and roman salutes are in short supply.

t. Sup Forums

Underrated post

non poor whites used to be a majority in america

The fact that they have to smile for daddy, because if they don't, they will get the shit beaten out of them?

>If you were young, heterosexual, Christian, and white, that was your '50s.
Excellent!

As opposed to your 50s.