Do you believe in math washing Sup Forums?

Do you believe in math washing Sup Forums?

What should we do about it ?

mathwashing.com

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Fragile_States_Index#2017
archive.fo/uF2Uj
jacobitemag.com/2017/08/29/a-i-bias-doesnt-mean-what-journalists-want-you-to-think-it-means/
paste.ee
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im pretty sure this is it

stop your false flagging op thank u

This shit is gonna lead to state-mandated programmer licensing with a forced ethics portion of the exam.

Stop giving them attention you retard.

>oy vey! real world data does not conform to (((our))) standards!

>Women less likely to be shown ads for high-paid jobs on Google, study shows
>Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News
How similar.

>state-mandated programmer licensing
I hope they do it. As Nick Land said, there is simply no way on Earth that Silicon Valley is in the right place.

Hope you enjoy going back to SCHOOL then faggot.
Have you seen the certification reqs for more professional disciplines? All of them require school and they all open you up to lawsuits since you're held to a higher standards.
Right now, nobody sues programmers, all open source code comes with zero warranty and for good reason

>muh gender pay gap
>explains how machine learning algorithms are effectively black boxes that no one can understand
>goes on to suggest """solutions""" that assume these algorithms are understandible
>If you'redeployingalgorithmic systems, learn about their limitations. Hire an ethics expert to do analgorithmic audit.
>literally trying to PC police a branch of math into figuring out the unsolved problem of how these algorithms work
while machine learning algorithms running wild is indeed a problem, whoever wrote that site is a complete moron.

>Hope you enjoy going back to SCHOOL then faggot.
lolno. Sensible programmers will see this it for what it is, a wake-up call to leave the country, not to go back to school.
>they all open you up to lawsuits since you're held to a higher standards.
Right, it is funny to see this sentiment rising, especially when it is the likes of the prog niggers on Hacker News advocating it. They think the state will come down hard on those exploitative sexists at Uber and on Wall Street but not good boys like themselves. For them it will be a rude awakening.

It specifically mentions conservative views being removed from FB and twitter. I thought Sup Forums was against that? This project wants to make everything more 'neutral' so that unpopular views on a platform don't get filtered.

Sometimes I don't understand this place...

Sup Forums isn't for brainlets that get their knowledge from infographics on websites designed to be read exclusively on mobile

Facebook should absolutely start censoring everything to the right of Society for Cutting Up Men. I hope it starts pushing polyamory to kids. Don't you understand accelerationism, user?

>Hire an ethics expert to do an algorithmic audit.

PR build industry of "ethics" ML

Math can be misused, but so can the claim "Math can be misused."

Ancapistan doesnt look too bad now eh?

>The term 'mathwashing' was first coined by Fred Benenson.

>Fred Benenson: the man who translated Moby Dick into Emoji

Ancapistan never looked bad, user. Never.

>translated Moby Dick into Emoji
?

heh

Jesus Crist, I cant wait till China implements warfare ai and kill every westerner to kill this SJW disease.
Learn Chineese.

Some countries have laws saying that you need clear, personal and direct reasons to reject certain users or customers.

"Computer says no" is not a valid reason.

China or Japan?

Best to move to? Singapore. Most likely to launch an AGI? China.

China, Japan software/AI is shit, maybe Taiwan.

>Best to move to?
Singapore is a city-state, doesnt sounds like a stable, reliable country.

eh, what they're saying is pretty trivial
anyone with reading comprehension can tell they're not lashing against the mathematics themselves but the application

Everywhere I try to go, women and numale feminists get there before me and turn it to shit

Singapore is pretty stable and one of the most stable jurisdictions n the world.
I'd say HK(if china left them alone) since in singapore the state is your daddy.

They want you to design a mathematical algorithm to calculate the correct answer, then hire an "ethics expert" to give you the *politically* correct answer. What’s the point of even attempting the mathematical part at all if you're just going to be at the mercy of the intellectual consensus of some ethics professors anyway. If your opinion directly contrasts with the statistics, then you're wrong. If you can come up with some evidence to the contrary, then feed it into the machine learning algorithm and see what it thinks.

These people are working backwards from their conclusion. They're no different than climate change deniers who've already decided that climate change isn't real, and are now desperately scrambling for any feeble evidence to support their unjustified beliefs. If the simulations don’t agree with them, they’ll build new simulations.

I wonder how the creator of this site would respond if I hired an alt-right Neo-Nazi to be the ethical oversight for my AI. I'm sure that'd be fine, right?

Noone is saying that they are lashing against math, the fact that they lash against the application, which is effective, but dont match with their agenda is a big problem.
What have you tried already?

It couldn't defend itself from a major foreign invasion, but it's one of the most stable and high-quality countries in the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Fragile_States_Index#2017
archive.fo/uF2Uj

"Ethics" means communist academia, a lot unemployed humanities will start to take "ethics" of academia.

> immigration office, 2025
> researchers present an ai to filter immigrants by the chance of them committing a crime
> researcher fired for racism, new ai, which maximises diversity is implemented

jacobitemag.com/2017/08/29/a-i-bias-doesnt-mean-what-journalists-want-you-to-think-it-means/
Chris Stucchio is worth reading any time there is debate about statistics or finance.

i want to post a log of that company's behavior but i can't post the link

paste.ee

math is always wrong

i mean this should be common sense

>RADICAL ACCELERATIONIST

>Hire an ethics expert to do an algorithmic audit.

Please hire me, I am a woman who studied some worthless social justice degree and happen to be an expert in ethics

>Resist the temptation of the algorithm. Always keep people in the judgement loop. In Europe this is now the law.

Please hire me, I am a woman and have a worthless social studies degree

>Fred Benenson

Oh, what a surprise, he is a fucking jew

This so fucking much.

If women are less interested in high-paying jobs, then why show them to them? Woman and men aren't the same (talking to you, liberals).