Just in case you didn't know:

Just in case you didn't know:

This is the demographic that Microsoft is listening to with Windows 10 Insider feedback

Senior citizens.

That's right, ol' debbie here really wanted her computer to talk to her, so Microsoft delivered!

>now I can't fucking install the damn operating system without Cortana doing this shit "Hi, how was your day? What's your social security number? We're friends, right? I'm sending all your keystrokes over to Microsoft, you're cool with that, right? Oh, debbie, keystrokes are when you push a button on the keyboard. How are the grandkids? Learn any new recipes? Anyway, about the keystrokes, If you aren't okay with that, I'm sorry. I'm still dong it."

don't worry guys, she's a gadget queen

>vibrant
aka full of women, fags, and nigs

rip Jenny. we will never forget you. F

Clearly it's Microsoft Windows 10 Insider program taking away lives, not GNU/Linux

I know three people who are in the insider program and they're all older than 50. They also love everything Microsoft has done and is doing with Windows 10.

This is why Apple doesn't listen to people. When will other companies learn?

>means she has a bedroom full of nothing but sex toys, and nothing at all to do with how good she is a computers

I guess the elderly are too stupid to realize that the insider program was just Microsofts way of forcing customers to beta test their shit.

>Senior citizens.
You are not going to find people with more practical experience of using Windows in a business environment.
Jenny had probably been using a PC in her job since DOS arrived in 1981, upgrading with every release. This is Microsoft's heart-land.

>This is why Apple doesn't listen to people.
They don't do focus groups. They do listen to users. But it doesn't always woork the way you'd expect.

Or they're just fabricating stories to justify their decisions.

>This is why Apple doesn't listen to people

Yeah instead they let marketing decide everything.

Ultimately Microsoft sucks for the same reason that Android sucks-- their software is so pirated that they need to find other means of making revenue. This has ruined the user experience, since you can assume every single app will, by default, give away as much of your information as possible without telling you.

Basically, whatever OS the third world uses is going to suck. It just so happens that the two big ones are MS and Google. If their users actually bought stuff, things would be different.

This is sad and pitiful, in the nicest way possible for the blissfully unaware people participating in this. If no one indulged Microsoft with this, perhaps we wouldn't have gotten an operating system with unprecedented amount of telemetry and data mining capabilities.

How much Android, let alone MS, software is lost to being pillaged on the high seas? This is the first I've heard of it

And that's why Apple is successful

Rip

Why does it actually matter to them if their software is pirated in Asia, though? Shouldn't they have enough revenue from preinstalled sales and business users in the first world alone?

But completely amoral

For a publicly traded corporation, "enough" is never enough. If there are people using the product and not paying they need to be monetized somehow.

I'm perfectly fine with this.

couldn't have said it better

>android
>an open-source OS
>pirating android
jesus christ how dumb are you?

This is how my dad uses the computer now

>dad just type it into google and search
>he uses the fucking cortana text to speech thing to do it

fuck's sake

> still dong it
> dong
Sounds like Cortana is feeling frisky.

>For a publicly traded corporation, "enough" is never enough.
The argument was that they "need" means of making revenue, however, which would imply they wouldn't survive otherwise. While I'm sure your argument from moral defeatism is true to some extent, it's nevertheless not really an excuse.

No, as in its illegal to not work towards profits. "Need" to stay out of prison.

I'm curious what part of the law you are citing. I'm pretty sure executives don't have any legal obligation to grasp any non-illegal profits whatsoever and can't even choose their ways to advance the company. Being replaced by stockholders is a different thing from going to jail.

Expand