What do you do when this happens ?

what do you do when this happens ?

these are absolutely THE best tool to clean the resistors , you dip this in alcohol, lightly scrub the area, and it turns the thermal paste into a slurry . you can then get a paper towel and soak the slurry up, then repeat the process until it's completely clean

Go to the nearest asylum because i somehow became retarded

lick it up like a naughty slut of course

yeah and the anti bacterial protection ensures the resistors are sanitized. bacterial slows down performance and removing it off your resistors can increase performance by up to 200%.

this should be a felony

Pressure washer.

Cry if that happaned to my suddenly overpriced 1080

Don't you fucking hate it when you get to those spots with hard stained on moss patches, you get the fucking hose end 1mm away from it but it takes 5 minutes to remove it?

Serves you right for not lubing your contacts with dielectric grease.

CLEAN IT UP WAGIE!

That looks like it came straight from one of those Billy Mays infomercials in which people do dumb shit.

Put in microwave

That's literally my sister right there. God I love her.

>using conducive thermal compound

It's the thing that frustrates me the most.

OK this is relevant to this thread. I'm reapplying thermal paste on a laptops heat sink and there seems to be this plastic clear sticker over the GPU and all the old thermal paste is getting stuck underneath it.
There's not any videos or pictures for my model of laptop and I'm just wondering if it's same to remove.

Why are you taking this photo while running user? Did you steal this laptop?

could you take a better pic

Yes it is safe to remove. It's designed to protect the surface mount components around the GPU die from the heatsink. Take care not to scrape any of them off during the removal. You probably should put it back on after you clean it.

say I'm running out to go pick up some smokes, then block the number from my phone and never look back

GIVE THE CHILD SUPPORT BACK TYRONE

I ended up taking it off but I didn't put it back on. I found a video and the guy didn't put it back on so I assume it's ok not to have it, right?

Also my laptop idles at around 50-55 Celsius when idle and around 75 Celsius when under high load. Is this normal?
With the old thermal paste it was idling around 70 and hitting near 90 under load.

You're probably fine. Most of the danger comes when installing the heatsink back on. Those temps are normal for a laptop. Sounds like a nice improvement over what you had.

Life is short. Use this. Cleans like 99% of it, and just use a little purifier at the end for mop up. 5 seconds work.

Ok thank you. I plan to use this laptop as a home file server/plex server so it would be on 24/7 and I was worried that the temps would be too high.

brake cleaner is really caustic shit and carcinogenic, it'll take the coating off a PCB if you let it sit.
Just rubbing alcohol and a paper/cloth towel is sufficient, I've never had ESD problems cleaning the CPU off the board.

LEL, BRAKELEEN WILL EAT THE SHIT OUT OF A PCB

THE PROPER WAY IS CHUCKING THE WHOLE BOARD INTO AN ULTRASONIC CLEANER

VERY FAST DIE CLOCKED AT INCREDIBLY HIHG SPEED

>dielectric grease
>conductive

found the brainlet

This shit takes oil stains off of my driveway like nothing else

it also eliminates all the tartar that's been building up in your cache

kill myself

kek. but it's toxic

dish washer

Kill myself