HP Spectre X360 vs Dell XPS 13

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-13-ae051nr
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-13/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/dncwtr744h

Which one should I get and why? I'm trying to replace my Asus ZenBook UX305CA which the trackpad got scratched very horribly after barely 2 years of usage.

I won't be using the 2-in-1 feature as I prefer pen and paper for note taking.

Are there any reasons to prefer one of these over the other?

XPS because HP has ridiculously high failure rates. ASUS is actually lower than both by a wide margin, maybe you should consider the Q325

This was reported by SquareTrade, an insurance company that covers laptops.

>Ultra portable didn't last 2 years
>Gonna buy another $1k ultra portable
Don't. Especially if you're not using the touchscreen. Get an X1 carbon. Or XPS non touch.

Yeah reliability is not an issue with the Asus, but durability and build quality is.

Look how fucking scratched the trackpad is after barely 2 years of usage.

It really shouldn't be scratching this horribly. I tried to wipe it with a makeup remover wipe and it scratched even more.

Isn't Lenovo cheap chinkshit? I really don't understand how they are one of the top manufacturers. I'm definitely considering xps 13 non touch though, with the 8th Gen i7 like I linked in the OP.

ASUS Toshiba and Sony have the least amount of square trade claims because they are such a tiny fraction of the market.

ASUS has 10% of the laptop market, same market share globally as Apple. Check Wikipedia

This is per 1000 laptops covered under SquareTrade, so market share isn't a factor.

Get that then.

Modern thinkpads are better quality than XPS, but they're chinkshit compared to how IBM and Lenovo of 10 years ago used to make them. All laptops now are cheaply made. Thinkpads are still the best though. And the X1 carbon has the highest quality control of the entire thinkpad line.

X1 carbon is way out of budget for me. Any reasons why you're not recommending the HP Spectre X360?

OP, get the XPS 13. You won't regret it.

It's not Asus' fault you're a gross fuck.

It is definitely asus's fault they have a shitty quality trackpad that scratches with regular usage.

You cleaned it with a makeup wipe. A wipe that is literally soaked with chemicals meant to strip other chemicals from surfaces. Yeah, clearly ASUS is at fault.

Replace the trackpad, Genius

asus support quoted me $500 for the repair, and I can't send my laptop in because I'll need it for note taking. you have to take apart the whole laptop before getting to the trackpad.

the makeup remover wipe didn't actually cause more scratching.

It looks pretty good, like a Macbook Air but the design is bolder.

Yeah, I know it didn't cause more scratching because even a retard would know that you're full of shit. To further blame ASUS for the fact that your trackpad got scratched is questionable too, since you're so careless even with the facts of your situation. It sounds more like you want to deflect blame onto whatever you can.

who else would I blame for the trackpad being scratched in just 2 years if it wasn't asus? your mom?

>oily keyboard stains
>crumbs all over
>screen coated in oil and dust
>"Wah, ASUS didn't make a tough enough trackpad to accomodate a careless slob like me"
By the way, your Zenbook is a $400 laptop, vs. $1000 one that I'm referring to. Do you really think the build quality is the same?

Stop having long nails you absolute filth

Did ASUS come to your house, take your laptop, and scratch up the trackpad? If so,then it is indeed the fault of ASUS. If it was you being careless with your laptop, then it would have to be your fault. So which is it?

>By the way, your Zenbook is a $400 laptop, vs. $1000 one that I'm referring to.
it was $900 when I bought it

that's why i'm buying hp or dell now, hoping the build quality is better. no more asus chinkshit for me.

>he paid 900 dollars for an m3 laptop two years ago
laughinggirls.jpg

canadian dollar

As if that makes it any less hilarious. Is that fucking maple syrup on your keyboard, you fucking leaf?

there's literally nothing wrong with core m3, it runs fanless silent and the performance is on par with i5.

I never said there was anything wrong with the m3, just that you overpaid
>performance is on par with i5
fucking lol

I have an the HP Spectre x360 and ASUS came and did that to me

it was unpleasant

well i bought it from the microsoft store so maybe i did overpay. the laptop was really cheap on black friday but my parents only decided to buy me the laptop on winter term. it was either this or the others were all well over $1000, shit an 8th gen i7 spectre/xps is 1700 in canadian bucks without any discounts

The trade-off is that ASUS's customer service is literally the most notoriously shit. Dell strikes a good balance it seems since their customer service is decent and their products seem to be fairly reliable.

Different user but did you not read the thread?

An X1 is not gonna be expensive if you're not gonna change it every 2 years

Our Dells got replaced by HP at work and I hate it. The trackpad is one of the shittiest ones I've used and the whole laptop feels like shit. Much preferred the Dell.

I'm in for a Huawei Matebook X as soon as they go on sale again. Their build quality seems to be pretty top notch especially considering this is their first ultrabook.

Sorry for a WutComputrIsGud post, but I want to replace my Latitude E6400 (C2D/4GB/x4500MHD) laptop. I bought it refurbished and I have it for almost 9 years.

It has served me well as a JOAT laptop, and its replacement will serve the same purpose for the next 5-6 years at least, in addition to playing 'light' games like Civ and Skyrim.

I missed the Thanksgiving deals, and I don't know if this trooper will last through till the next one. I intend to spend $500-$1000. Thoughts?

why hasnt hp changed the name of that laptop yet?

Do any of you niggers want to help? I'm listening.

XPS 13