Best tabbed SSH Client

Moba is the best: a lot of features, pleasing fonts, stable and efficient.
What do you think?

I just use tmux if I want more than one SSH session at the same time

all this bloat, truly shameful screenshot

Completely useless and unnecessary. Looks like it even needs the mouse to operate.

Use screen or tmux to do exactly this without having to install a new client which is impossible depending from where you have to log into your machine.

What's wrong with the default terminal?

disgusting. Just don't use windows

I need tabs and a servers list.

still putty desu.

Moba is the best for managing multiple devices, there's no contest. I love Linux but nothing comes close.

THIS.
tmux > tabbed ssh shitclients

>I need tabs
No you don't. See tmux or screen

>and a servers list.
Putty? Or any other FOSS client?

You do realize that you are giving your private keys to a closed source proprietary application?

Fukken shills. Sup Forums isn't this stupid.

I have never personally bought a piece of software specifically for work before MobaXterm. It honestly helps organize rdp sessions and terminal sessions extremely well.

Do winbabbies truly believe they need a GUI for everything? Why is this?

Name a better client on Linux, I'd actually love to hear it. I have some 20+ devices configured on mine, it catches my credentials (optionally), has built in sftp and x-11 forwarding out of the box.

It's a good tool for linux server admins.

It's all they know.

Paid shill(s) please leave and stop putting innocent people their machines and data in jeopardy.

>for linux server admins
Linux server admins use the ssh client preinstalled with their OS which is invoked typing "ssh".

>y-youre a shill!
How many devices are you responsible for managing, because I manage nearly 1000 and most clients don't even have a basic fucking bookmarks list.

>most clients don't even have a basic fucking bookmarks list.
Which you don't need? Have you heard of basic stuff like .bash_aliases?

Yeah dude let me just alias 1000 IP addresses and memorize them you fucking dipshit

Yes, this is the exact same amount of work as creating and finding bookmarks but without proprietary software and with tab completion. Stop being an idiot.

What about managing 500 servers?

Because when you work in tech, you don't always have your choice of platform due to legacy software, mismanagement and ease of training. Most organizations use Windows. Personally I work for a sort of medium sized telecom company and its our primary OS in the NOC. There is a Linux system that does serve as a bridge to other sites, however and we use it in conjunction with other Linux boxes to access the network.

Yeah because clicking on a client name in a visual list of devices totally isn't better than "hmm how was that spelled again?" *no results* "fuck it I'll grep for it" retardation am I right?

Create "bookmark":
echo alias ssh-hostlabel='ssh -i ~./ssh/host.key -p host_port hostname_or_ip' >> .bash_aliases

Find and launch "bookmark":
ssh-hostla

Wow! That was hard! Face it. You try to solve a problem that doesn't exists if your brains work.

>im in linux 101 look what I can do

That's the point stupid. After lesson 1: "How does a computer work" you don't need a proprietary closed source application to perform basic tasks.

Your'e a retard, and you think you can work like this with a lot of servers, is right.

Okay, looks everyone but me and the shill(s) left. Mission accomplished. Enjoy your advertising campaign.

Konsole

I'm not talking only about Moba, everything with tabs + a list of servers, inside folders, etc, is better for work.

>MOBA

>not knowing how to configure openssh
>not knowing about terminal multiplexers
all you need is a single terminal to easily access multiple servers at once

OpenSSH? Dipshit.

God damn you're fucking stupid. I can tell you're all a bunch of neets with maybe 2 fucking devices. Some of us HAVE JOBS

>1000 hosts
>'servers'
>not using configuration management tools like ansible, chef, puppet, or salt

You don't really manage that many 'servers', and if you did: I'd be genuinely impressed that you could keep such a dumpster fire running. I'd never want to work on infrastructure that is that poorly managed.

I can manage them with moba just fine retard.

You need something like ansible AND something like Moba.

My company's security policies doesn't allow me to use other SSH clients because they get access to decrypted private keys.

Not that this is a problem because I fail to see how the built-in ssh client (OpenSSH) doesn't suffice. Managing 100+ hosts is as easy as making an alias or a script.

Keep dropping the name, shills.

Making aliases isn't better than making a list in a GUI.

Ok, then i'll say Superputty.

This, retards can't understand that some tools on other platforms might be better.

Is moba shilling a thing? Genuinely curious because I've never seen it shilled here in the years I've visited this board.

I don't have a GUI most of the time.
Making aliases is pretty equivalent to making a list in a GUI but without giving away company secrets to a third party.

>giving away company secrets to a third party
Then use something like Superputty, it's open source.

>something like Moba
Its called a fucking terminal emulator

How to you automate the processes of deploying code, building software, managing firewalls, rolling back changes to your builds, sharing builds and configurations with other co-workers and more all with Moba, the a tabbed ssh client?

Doesn't sound like you are managing 1000 computers. And if you are managing any computers at all they are poorly managed and likely not important. But hey, if you are telling the truth, at least you have job security because no component engineer will want to inherit your janky ass setup

>Its called a fucking terminal emulator
Yeah, without a list of your servers as mentioned before.

ever heard of tab-completion?

Looks pretty handy but I have no problems that it can solve. I manage remote machines with the openSSH client.

Yes.
Do you remember everything in your aliases file?
Do you like pressing the tab key?
Do you think it's faster?

>a servers list.
.ssh/config
now you can just do
ssh
wow that was hard

You all don't know what you are talking about. The GUI is shit but don't make fucking bash aliases for each host. That might even be stupider than using the GUI.

ssh already has a config file for managing these names if your infrastructure isn't using a private DNS service (which makes this all moot). Its called configuring the ~/.ssh/config file. Look it up

>How to you automate the processes of
Fucken this. How to I use that moba-shit in a script? How do I automatically remotely execute anything with this? How do I route stdout/stdin over this shit?

>pressing tab to get to your desired server
Are you fucking stupid?
I don't remember everything on my list, do you?

see both and This is a solved problem. It has been solved for DECADES

this

>tab tab tab tab tab tab .. tab
Oh found my server

see

what exactly is the difference between some bookmark GUI shit and a list in your terminal

Then cat the fucking file. Or use a role-based naming system. I don't see why having a list in the GUI solves this problem

i don't use aliases, my completion uses openssh's known_hosts and config files
and my shell prints available completion options if i press tab twice

see

>tab tab tab tab tab tab .. tab
>Oh found my server
Instead of:
>scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll .. scroll
>Oh found my server
Spot the difference? I don't.

What is the search field?

visual lists are useless
know the name? type it in
don't know the name? grep/search your known_hosts/list file

Pro tip: You don't.

You might be able to do it with some Marco bullshit that I see in the screen shot provided by OP but its probably janky as fuck.

Having an ansible setup in a git repo is so much better its not even comparable to this laughable NEET ass garbage

% grep [hostname] ~/.ssh/config
[\code]

All of the NEET larpers went quite. They know they just lost real hard.

Feels good

No your'e just hopeless.

yeah making six figures at a top 5 tech company at 22 makes me feel really hopeless

/thread

Your'e not special, I guess we're just working with different tools.

>Your'e not special
Google thinks otherwise. (they only hire the best)

btw its you're not your'e

if you aren't using tmux or screen then you're objectively nu/g/

Had to use it at university for fortran programming lessons. I remember it being pretty good.

cssh

Konsole.

>your'e just hopeless.

>your'e

90% chance your a diversity hire

dvtm > tmux > screen

>ssh
>tabbed client
>tabbed
>client

I use SmarTTY

Productivity > Showing of on Sup Forums