Pc gaming is a luxury now

>pc gaming is a luxury now
soon you'll hear "my jew boss got a loan for his second GPU(Mercedes), what an asshole"

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=GTX 1060&N=-1&isNodeId=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

occasional Sup Forums crossboarder here, games are going downhill
t. keeping my 1080 forever, officially

>pc gaming is a luxury now
Whatever it is it's a topic for GTFO.

too poor to afford high definition pc gaming?
lol povertyfag xD

Must suck to be american.
Everything is fine in my frog eating country

>frog eaters too dumb to know what crypto is
figures

The prices are that high because they're out of stock and people are gouging like they do every time a new console is released before Christmas.

I just got a 1060 for $175 right after Black Friday.

Yes, that definitely is the reason for my reaction. Also, you must be really loaded when you consider PCs to be expensive.

your life must be sad living paycheck to paycheck, huh?

I think it's time for you to stop projecting

poorfag murican linux poverty tier pc, yeah i'm sure of it.

DrPhil is a fraud.

>order new gpu on tuesday
>hasn't even arrived in my country on friday
what the fuck?!?!?!?!?

>PC gaming dies
>x86 trash dies with it
>Winshit also dies
The new age of the Loonix desktop using RISC-V and/or ARM hardware is approaching.

You know what, I fell for the pc gaymen meme, and I have to say I feel like I wasted a lot of money. There just aren't enough decent games to warrant an expensive gaming build. All you have on pc are framerate simulators. The only games that are actually fun are older titles.

That's never fucking happening and you know it
You must be a lunatic if you truly believe this crap

I bought a 1060 3gig for 200 last year and it felt like i was getting a shitty deal, holy shit.

Good. Maybe now people will stop with this upgrade frenzy and actually play the hundreds of games in the backlogs they've never even downloaded.

The difference even from fucking low to ultra nowadays is fluff at best. I legit don't understand why people feel like they always need to keep upgrading their gpus. I recently got a new monitor, pic related, and this is the GPU I'm driving it with. I was gonna upgrade to a 1080ti but I was surprised by the 970's performance on this resolution. You can easily play the majority of games at 90~110 fps with a mix of low/medium/high. I'm also surprised how little of a difference there is between each graphic option to the point where I've given up on the upgrade idea altogether. I mean, there isn't even anything good that is hardware intensive anymore anyway lol.

If prices keep going up, I'm gonna be tempted to sell my 1080 for 2x the amount I paid for it new. I've considered mining with my PC too, but I don't trust the insignia power supply in it enough to have it running hard all day.

>have pc from 2011
>it was runs everything I could wish for and then some
>luxury
Whose fault is it that people want the best of the best and want to pay 10x the price for that?

>t. IBM
>t. Motorola
>t. SGI
>t. Yahoo
>t. Atari
>t. TI
>t. BlackBerry
>t. AOL
>t. MySpace
Yeah, I haven't head that one before.

>bought 1080 in October for 480€
>its 600€ now
WOW

i got mine for $430 but my friend's in the "finding a new GPU" funk because he sold his 480 like a week after i sold mine (he's on a 5650 RN) so i'm gonna keep my 1080 and play it safe

This is insane. I purchased my GTX 1070 at least a year ago for only $400 dollars and now the GTX1060 (an inferior card) is twice the price of it.

Looks like you are cherry-picking graphics cards
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=GTX 1060&N=-1&isNodeId=1

HOW FAR CAN THEY GO

>the difference between low and ultra is fluff at best
On your 3.5GB 970 I bet you've turned textures down from high to medium many times in the past 3 years. You know, the one option which doesn't affect FPS but has the most impact on the visual fidelity of all objects?
New games are topping out 4GB cards on medium 1080p textures.

You're also wrong as fuck, there's may not be much difference between "high" and "ultra" settings ("high" and "ultra" textures for example might just load an uncompressed file rather than a lossless-compressed file),
But there sure as hell is between any other setting like anisotropy, anti-aliasing, particle effects, shader effects, reflections, distance drawing and LoD, foliage/object density, object LoD.

tl;dr you dumb as fuck

Ah yes, the typical AMD pajeet spreading his butthurt FUD talking about shit he knows absolutely nothing about.

lucky bastard, got mine for 550. MSI gaming one tho, best money i ever spent desu

You troll like a nigger uses logic.

Go poo in the loo so you can calm down a bit, pajeet. Your mad is showing.

kek

>New games are topping out 4GB cards on medium 1080p textures.
GUYZE WHAT IS CACHING HURRRR

I too, just like you, enjoy having to wait for my system to reload assets from the storage drive every time I do a 180 in an open-world game.

all you're proving is that even your original post was nothing but a shit.

Yeah, after a while you hit a wall. I went through it, started out low then did the "upgrade" cycle in quest to get "100 fps" in all my games with all shit jacked + high res. Reached that mile stone with the 8800GT. Then it died. Looked at the games I was playing. Realized that they were all older titles from 1996 - 2k4 so getting another "8800GT class" card would be a waste.

Fucking finally holy shit.
>mfw
The only thing that is keeping winshit alive are the hordes of x-gen/millenial manchild vidya players. Most people of the z-generation are playing games on mobile devices.

You don't know what caching is and yet you still open your large uneducated asshole you have for a mouth to talk about what you don't know. But yeah, games are totally actively using 4gbs of VRAM on medium nowadays alright. Idiot.

I too, just like you, enjoy having to wait for my system to reload assets from the storage drive every time I do a 180 in an open-world game.

You have the You have the same specs as me. What resolution are you playing at?

Fuck off, this is a thread about PC gaming hardware.

You have a board for that and it's not Sup Forums.

>>pc gaming is a luxury now

Are you trying to tell me that it isnt, the poverty rate in US is 13%, thats 42 million, FORTY TWO FUCKING MILLION people who arent sure if they are going to have something to eat tomorrow.

And meanwhile we have spoiled little shits here bitching about some gayming equipment that you dont really need.

Fucking grow up finnaly.

Fuck off turbonigger

Mad that you reported me and the janitor didn't do shit little reddit boy?

daily reminder Sup Forumsermin are the niggers of Sup Forums

>implying that poverty means food insecurity
Nope. The average poor family in the US is fat. The "poverty line" has nothing to do with absolute poverty (meaning, you can't afford basic necessities to live), it's an arbitrary standard of relative poverty (you have less stuff than average).

With the exception of a small number of severely mentally ill or drug addicted people, there is no food insecurity in America. There are just too many charities and government programs, and food is too cheap. Unless you're a completely useless person, you can always get food in America.

>who arent sure if they are going to have something to eat tomorrow.

People living below the poverty rate AKA people who don't or barely work get plenty of food and help with housing and medical care.
That's why they have such high obesity levels..

It's the lower half of the middle class who don't qualify for government help with anything who have to worry about keeping a roof over their head and food on the table.

That's still a high price Pierre we used to be able to buy brand new GTX 1080's for $500 and when they were on sale for $470-$490.

>arent sure if they are going to have something to eat tomorrow
Our welfare program costs over a trillion dollars a year because we don't let children starve or die from sickness.
>the poverty rate in US is 13%
The trump administration just passed a 12 point reduction in corporate taxes and the dumb masses aren't collectively bargaining for higher wages RIGHT NOW, AT THIS MOMENT.
Don't blame me (as an American) that the people are too stupid to come together in refusing to work, to demand a better wage in this era of exploding profits.
Don't blame me for the city-dwelling majority that believes in no borders and freely importing immigrant work willing to undermine our needed pay-rates to get out of poverty, so they can have that money (expanding our poverty level) with the intent of pushing the native population out of existence. while draining the tax system even further.

Get your shit together and educate yourself on a topic before pointing fingers at anyone else.

>there is no food insecurity in America. There are just too many charities and government programs, and food is too cheap. Unless you're a completely useless person, you can always get food in America.
That sounds too good to be true. By "food" you mean any type of food, including whole foods like vegetables, legumes, meat and grains? Or just process shit like ramen, frozen pizza, etc? I heard that supposedly poor people are fat because healthy food is expensive?

If you're not a completely useless fuck you can spend your food stamps at Aldi. You can absolutely eat decently healthy food on food stamps.

Also, unhealthy food doesn't make you fat as long as you don't overeat. You can stay skinny on a 100% twinkie diet as long as you don't eat more twinkies than your caloric needs.

Finally, I don't think the standard should be "poor people get to eat like kings" - if someone's willing to pay for your food until you get back on your feet, you should be fucking grateful even if it is ramen.

Rice, beans, and ground beef is cheap as fuck. Poor people's brains are hooked on refined sugars so they don't buy cheap good food. On food stamp programs in SC the #2 item purchased is soda. Soda has zero nutritional value.

Tfw bought a 1080ti for my 1080p monitor.

It was the only thing I could get for a decent price (£572). Same GPU is now worth £800-900

Sold my 470 for $300 and I'm definitely feeling the hurt in a world of $400 and higher 1060s

>bitcoin bubble finally bursts
>miners make a panic rush to see all their hardware
>high end gpus for pennies flood the market
>no one buys new anymore
>nvidia and amd stock drops 30%
>they decide to cut the gaming market and stop developing high end gpus
>pc gaming drops dead
>software houses start developing exclusively for consoles
how does it feel that you're about to witness the pc market disappear?

Tomatoes are $2-3 a pound, onions and peppers are about $2-4 a pound (yellow/red/orange peppers are pricey due to being unripened green peppers taken out of the supply chain), oranges are cheap as fuck a bag of twenty can be had for $6, a fresh load of bread is $2.50. Milk can be had for $1.90 on sales. whole chicken breasts for $3 a pound on sales.

I cook for a living.
$30 of fresh vegetables can supplement the diet of a family of four for a week. These people in real poverty can be receiving nearly a thousand dollars in food stamps a month for 5 kids.

Poor people don't cook their own food. Poor people are lazy and relatively inept and buy dollar store pre-made chicken nuggets for their kids while spending $40 on steaks. They spend their EBT money on soda and energy drinks and sell portions of it to people at half-price when their weed habit eats up $120 a month and they can't keep up on their electric bill. They all have smart phones and video games and spend their tax "returns" on overvalued piece of shit cars that break down every year without fail and spend hundreds of dollars on Christmas and ruin their rented properties having to move every couple of years at the expense of a month's rent and the security deposit.

Stop trying to defend idiots. It either shows me you don't really know these people like I do or you want sympathy points because you actually are one of these dumb clowns.

>everyone will own a 1080ti
>somehow the PC market will still disappear

do you have a brain deficiency? there's a crazy incentive for devs to develop for PC now that everyone has top notch hardware

For fuck sake my RX 480 4g nitro has sold listings for 400$ on ebay
What the fuck is wrong with these people.

delusional retards who think they're gonna get rich quick by mining crypto

>implying miners wont just hop on to the next memecoin
There is a shit load of crypto's that are waiting to replace bitcoin. Even if bitcoin will dramatically fall, it will still be in use and mined, you can't kill a crypto. Hell, even a fucking shitty memecoin you'd think is completely dead like doge has recently risen from the dead and people are investing in it. Cryptocurrency isn't going away no matter how hard you'd wish it, it's simply not possible to kill a crypto coin. That should be good news for you no-coiners, you still have opportunities, stop being so bitter.

>get rich quick
>by mining
t.salty weakhanded nocoiner brainlet

>vega 56
>supposed to be the working peoples gpu
>costs 700$

when I say quick I mean over a couple of years, as opposed to making solid investments and being a millionaire in your 50s-60s so you can retire early and live the latest years of your life comfortably

also, I have $10,000 spread over several cryptos with the intention of HODLING for a long time

>R9 280 3gb selling for 155$
I guess its time I make an ebay account cash in on retarded miners

>what is high risk high reward
>being a salty weakhanded nocoincer brainlet SOYBOY

high risk high reward is not selling everything you own to buy crypto like 90% of these tards are doing

Don't worry OP, Blockstream is failing, LN is vaporware, and the Tether fraud will come crashing down quite soon bringing the entire crypto market with it. By the time it is over you will be able to pick up cards super cheap from garage sales held by grieving mothers whose sons committed Sudoku by jumping out of the basement window.

>Listen, goyim, sharing this secret only with you!

>The miners are coming!
>The miners are coming!
>Oh lawd but muh games!
It'll pass. Get over it.

I mean, it won't pass today, but it will pass.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have 18 1070ti's to go rack...

Yeah it will pass once nvidia and amd decides to make gpus only for miners and some shitty indian company decides to take the manchild gpu niche.

> games are going downhill
Games have been going downhill since Deus Ex came out in 2000.

>games are going downhill
games went downhill in 09.
the wii proved you could release endless waves of shit and stupid people would still buy it.
even more so when it's advertised effectively.

>remember as early as 2012, top tier GPUs cost 300 at most
>remember when mid tier (560ti) was under $200
really, who the fuck thinks it's ok to spend more than $300 on this garbage? just buy a console.

>waterblock
>blower
>out of stock
>mini
>blower out of stock
Miners don't want them cause they're shit

>gpus are for mining only!
>get off my Sup Forums reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
miners go back to faggot

The only video games you'll ever need are roguelikes, which mostly can run on a toaster. In all other cases its a waste of time. You can't prove me wrong.

Mining rigs are technology you sperg, video games are not.

>that the people are too stupid to come together in refusing to work
that's the thing though, the masses are too stupid, with all the relentless propaganda shoved down their throats constantly.
and a million different three letter agencies whos sole goal is to disrupt any organized resistance or militia from ever forming.
how are you surprised the elites who have all the money and subsequently all the power, continue to suppress anyone trying to make a better life for more than just the families they let join their coolkidsclub?

>The average poor family in the US is fat
you don't get fat from overeating you dumbfuck
you get fat from poor health, which occurs from poor diet (or poor environment leading to illnesses).

notice how "healthy" (aka shit that wont cause cancer or diabetes) food costs so much more?
notice how it's easy as fuck to spend a dollar on some cheap ass fastfood burger?
fuck you and your brainwashed moronic ass.

I'll avoid opening a new thread and ask here: why is the fan of my CPU always running at the same base speed even when under heavier workloads?
It gets extremely hot because of that but it doesn't change speed at all.
All I can do with Speedfan is make it slow down, any clues on what is wrong?

>$30 of fresh vegetables can supplement the diet of a family of four for a week.
>Poor people don't cook their own food. Poor people are lazy
or maybe they're exhausted from cleaning shit out of toilets for 12 hours after also having to deal with a nagging asshole of a corporate boss and subsequently don't have the energy or time to clean, prepare a good meal, then sleep only to repeat the cycle.

P.S you need more food than just onions, peppers, and meat to stay healthy..

>It either shows me you don't really know these people like I do or you want sympathy points because you actually are one of these dumb clowns.
>drug dealers abuse the system and care not for their childrens health
>means everyone who needs food stamps are also pieces of shit who don't deserve a helping hand
fuck off.

my r9 290x will play just about everything at 1080p ultra settings it lags sometimes in UT4 deathmatch, will probably slap a couple of 980ti's in soon.

most of the good titles run on my laptop with integrated AMD apu graphics at like a million FPS anyway

I got my 560Ti for 115 Canadabux

most modern bios usually have a fan power curves you can set

the thing is I haven't tried from bios but on speedfan there's the same, it says the fan is at 100% (by default) and I can't make it 110% or manually set the RPM to be a little higher to account for the temperature either so I don't get it. In other words changing the curve only afftects it if it needs to slow down but not speed up.

in what, 2014?

>implying

Like hell you'd actually know how these people live with a reply like that.

p.s. nice job inserting words in my mouth and assuming I meant only the products I used as an example.

By and far people who do not behave as I described are the exception, not the rule. Some of it should be taken as hyperbole when viewed towards the general populace, sure, but everything in that post was a criticism of a few people I know/knew in the real world.

>people who do not behave as I described are the exception
because you know every single person who's on a form of social assistance?
although i guess i agree with the fact that most people on it are pieces of shit, but that's only because i know almost everyone on this gay earth is a piece of shit. so.. you could generalize any labeled people and claim they're "mostly pieces of shit" when in reality we mostly all are a bunch of pieces of shit and i'd still agree.

>assuming I meant only the products I used as an example.
?what you said added up to ~$25, how the fuck else are you going to add more and still only spend $30?

>Buy 290x for 275€ used
>290X shits itself
>Get full refund, 350€ as store credit from warranty
>Buy a 500€-350€ = 150€ GTX 1070 :^)

>jew
>got a loan

Are you actually retarded? You're trying way too hard to fit in.

intel has been a dead platform with no performance gains since 2010

brrddddrrrrRRAAAAP

only in burgerland

>using the smiley with the carat nose

>calling the nsa smiley "smiley with the carat nose"