Hey you!

Hey you!

Yes (you), it's time for you to accept that you use Linux cause it's free not cause it's good.

There's literally nothing you can't do better on Windows or even Mac.

Stop living a lie.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/Misairu-G/616f7b2756c488148b7309addc940b28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Free as in freedom or free as in beer? Oh wait, it's both.

But OP, I only use Linux at work.

>Linux/mac fags need to use wine or boot camp to get into windows
Really makes you think

>paying for wangblows
>ever
Just pirate it if you want to use it

What about freebsd?
Is it better than linux or just more difficult?

Wincucks don't care about technology in general.

All they care about is the product, not the method. Product is and the method is .

Products are GPU shitstorms, speccy threads, guts threads, casing threads etc.

A typical winbabby's perception of judging a GPU is "Gaming benchmarks".

None of the gamer wincuckolds are interested in the method or process of making games. Games are not technology, programming games is.

Buying GPU is not technology and neither is discussing which build will play the latest manchild games.

Wincuckolds do not care about privacy and cryptology. They are more invested in games.

If all they care about is the ability to play games they should move to

Yes I use Linux because it's free (libre).

I use GNU/Linux because I burned on constantly having to play whack-a-mole with Windows' countless botnet features and security holes.
I suppose I could buy a Mac or go Hackintosh, but I don't really care for Apple.

I use Linux because I Hope in GPU project. It isn't better now, but maybe in the future...

This

I ditched my paid Windows license for Linux.

It's just more of a pain in the ass because they care more about the philosophy behind it than functionality.

op is just shitposting. you are right, though.

Windows is a bloated malware operating system people only use because it comes already installed on the computer and or some program they use is only written for it.
Nobody uses Windows because they like Windows.

I actually liked Windows XP and 7. They worked great and rarely crashed. Windows 10 is absolutely horrible though, and Ubuntu is far better than it.

Ok but why are you interspersing your sentences with blank lines?

I'm passed your temptations, I've used Linux for more of my life than Windows now.

it's a copypasta

>Because it's free
When I was using windows xp and a bit 7, I never bought it. Nor did I bought any software I used. Now, when I'm using Linux (inb4 GNU) only, I buy software I like which supports Linux. (Pretty much only gaymes I like)
Won't come back to windows. Why should I, if Linux does everything I want it to do and nothing I don't want it to do?

Fight pasta with pasta I guess.

But its so much easier to do cyber security shit on Linux rather than Windows or Apple

Actually, it IS good. Better than winshit. I use it when a mac isn't an option. Easier to set up than a hackintosh. But if you have a mac, there's not point in using Linux.

It's just more of a pain in the ass because nonbody actually runs it on development machines

Who cares? Face it, this board is Sup Forums's tech support. The mods here are all faggots who won't do shit about it but will remove threads that are actually relevant to technology.

I don't know why I even come here still. I think I'm having an epiphany

It generally runs better on shitbox machines. Some distros use only 80mb or so RAM at idle, compared to Wangblows which likes about 1.5-2gb. A light Linux distro on a Core 2 with a normal hard drive generally feels as fast as an i5 Wangblows PC with an SSD as it's not bloated garbage.

I mean i can just as easily pirate windows (and i do) but i still return to linux

Linux is a kernel.
Mac is a device.
Windows is malware.
OP is a faggot.

Stop saying 'pirate' when you aren't attacking ships and murder people. Companies want you to believe that downloading a file is as criminal as robbing and murder by shilling this terminology.

But what if I'm a pirate apologist that wants you to believe pirates were only as criminal as people that download files?

>t. mactoddler

> Not attacking microsoft's ships to steal Windows install DVDs
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NU-Sup Forums

>no gaymes

lmao wtf

The biggest argument against Linux is simply that computers are meant to be labor-saving devices, and Linux actually increases the labor of using your computing device

>b-but once you've learned how to use Linux, it's actually easi-

NO. Just no. Stop lying to yourself and stop lying to other people. I get it, you love tinkering with computers, and Linux gives you ample opportunity to do so. And I also understand your concerns about privacy (despite the face you *cannot hide what you do on your computer from your ISP or your government*) which makes you dislike Windows. Fine. But don't for a second pretend that Linux is an objectively stable, convenient method of obtaining useful functioning software applications for computers, because it isn't

Linux is more comfy
t. dual booting for games

Having all of the installed software and drivers update automatically and without the need to restart either the OS or software itself is pretty convenient

so if Linux is so hard to use then why do more people use Android then Windows

If you think for a few moments about what Linux really is, and the context in which I was referring to Linux, you'll be forced to admit to yourself your post is stupid.

These devices usually just run some specific software in fullscreen all time. To the end user it is not different to using supermarket machine.
The only difference is under the hood.(and it really is not much of a hood most of the time it is just some window manager that loads the software in fullscreen)
1. When you run linux you no longer need to pay for a license for support from microsoft.
2. Updating is much easier, faster and breaks less machines and yes windows update being shit is a fact.
3. It is much easier for tech support working in a hospital or in the workplace to update, repair manually due to the fact that he can just ssh to it
4. A lot of those machines are slow/old as fuck or use ARM or mips so windows is not an option
5. Windows running 24/7 with no error is just not a thing
Again In the same way you dont interact with linux\BSD\os/2\minix behind ATMs and instead interact with some gui software on top of it the end user does not interact with linux\windows itself on these machines so what matters under the hood.

I sense bait.

> GPU passthrough
> Have security and open sauce of Linux
> Windows stays in VM and can rage in it's toddlerbox
> Comfy as fuck

Using Windoze on bare metal is for brainlets, enjoy the Microhard dick in your ass OP.

Literally whoever pays for windows is an idiot

this except pci passthrough doesnt work on Optimus GPUs (discrete laptop GPUs)

But I don't use it because it's free? I have 50+ MSDN keys for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I use Linux because I like that I can SSH from my default terminal, and I can pull packages from a centralized repository, and update them all at once...
I use KDE and Dolphin because I like that I have FTP/SFTP options from within my file manager, without needing to grab an extra package/application.
I don't use Windows 10 because I don't want Microsoft snooping every keystroke for "analytics", No I'm not doing anything illegal, but I like my privacy. I enjoy being able to pick when my computer restarts for updates (as infrequently as that is in Linux...)
Stop being an autistic fuck and understand that different people have different workflows. Enjoy wasting your bandwidth when Microsoft decides to install Candy Crush Saga for the 20th time.

I've never paid for windows in the 10 years I was using it.

Was.

Also werks now, and you can use looking glass instead of steam in home streaming.

gist.github.com/Misairu-G/616f7b2756c488148b7309addc940b28

that's literally me irl, I actually carry a fucking flask with me everywhere I go filled with evergreen

fml

I feel like the majority of people on this board who arent retards from Sup Forums feel this way.

You can't assume I like things for reasons you list, because you're literally wrong.

I use it because it's comfy and because it's free as in freedom. If I wanted to use winshit, I would just pirate it.

Linux is a powerful tool and OS in the right hands.

You have this idea that since windows is designed for normies and most problems can be fixed through the GUI, it's automatically less of a timesink. I've used both OSes for years, and I'd say they fuck up with the same frequency, and solving an issue takes about the same amount of time.

This, and everything that comes with it.

>the delayed reaction

>Be running Linux
>Have to print something today
>Wireless drivers working great. Hook up easily.
>Download necessary drivers and have it printed it out within 5 minutes

I haven't had a single issue on Ubuntu 16.04. Everything has been working perfectly for years.

>There's literally nothing you can't do better on Windows or even Mac.

Network load balancer
Firewall
Retune for highly integrated systems

>literally
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Underrated post

I use both. I don't like using wine. I use photoshop and Unity, and both of them work shittily on Linux.

However, the Bash shell in Linux is far superior to the windows shells, and the Linux environment is far superior for programming whatever.

I have been the archetypal Linux user figure. Started with Ubuntu, went to arch, Slackware, debian, manjaro... And am back to Ubuntu. I just didn't have the Gentoo experience yet. Now I dual boot Linux and windows on the same machine, but honestly I spend most of my time on Windows nowadays.

>you use Linux cause it's free
So is Windows - in the vast majority of cases, anyway. I've got two of those Windows 10 licenses because both my laptops were Windows-infected when they were delivered. The first thing I did with both was to remove the Windows infestation using a GNU/Linux USB stick. I still have the keys in-case I decide to sell them (in which case they buyer would probably want the option of using a shitty botnet OS).

>because it comes already installed on the computer and or some program they use is only written for it
I doubt this is always the case. People who have used WIndows for 5 or ten years probably know all about it and don't want to learn something new just to do basically the same things they do today. I say this because it's one of the primary reasons I use GNU/Linux. I switched back in 1999. I am aware that Windows has improved since Windows 98 was popular but I'm not confident I could do any of the normal things I do and I sure don't want to re-learn a new OS. Besides, GNU/Linux already does everything I personally like to do on a computer.

It'a a programmers OS.

You use Windows if you want to play video games and Mac if you want other people to think you're musically or pictorially creative.

Tbqh mate I just see technology in general as being a black box where I don’t care what goes on inside. I am more interested in what I intend to do with something rather than how it is done. Even when learning to code or designing a circuit I have an idea of what I want it to do and when it works I am no longer concerned with how it achieves its objective. I do not think the process is the goal in itself.