>2018
>wasting time with desktop linux
you senpais don't actually do that, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GT5fUcMUfYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It works just fine on desktop. The only reason I stopped using it was because I got a mac. No need to install Linux when I already have a *nix CLI toolset combined with a desktop that just works

Are you me?

I still use Linux on my workstation though, as I can't be bothered with making a hackintosh.

Wow apple products are like so good

Fuck off shills

>You're being paid to like things I don't like!
Fuck off manchild

>Install linux for the first time
>linux mint
>browser slow as fuck
>whenever I restart the encryption prompt comes up
>type password
>nothing happens
>restart
>have option now to choose linux mint
>black screen
>enter password
>it works
>doesn't remember my main monitor even though I set it

Feeling comfy on W7

install gentoo

>"lol linux is a huge waste of time kek just install Microsoft™ Window®"
>"actually Linux is perfectly fine, but recently I've started liking macOS which is a nix for the masses"
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING SHILLS!!! WHY ARE YOU FORCING YOUR SHITTY iProducts DOWN MY THROAT?!!!!"

OP is a joke.

There's nothing wrong with it if you have no need for specific applications like Photoshop.

fuck off

linux desktop is fucking amateur trash
it's not even about primitive gui, ugly defaults or lack of programms, but it's fucking unstable trash with constant problems popping up left and right

>the entire UI freezing up when there is a heavy IO processing
>usb hdds never spinning down properly before shutdown or reboot because linux just abruptly cuts off power whenever it pleases, thus degrading their lifespan
>linux file systems being unreliable trash that can lose data from a power surge. Nothing on the level of NTFS, can't have programs like Everything with instant search and realtime database updating.
>bricking uefis
>random UI glitches like having to button clicks not registering or registering but not doing anything at all
>input lag, screen tearing, graphical performance, pick one/two/all three.

im just tired of all this shit, no matter the distro or de, it's always the same
and whenever you post about it, there is gonna be a bunch of teenagers with posts like "durr it works for me, have been using it for 2 days now and it's rocksolid stable" or "dude just put this and this in your 20-intel.conf and enable these kernel parameters and modules, also while you are at it, try recompiling your kernel and then using this scheduler. If it doesn't work you can try this one or this one or maybe the other one, i have tested it on my arch machine and it worked but then crashed but it's totally due to another unrelated reason so it's pretty safe!"

no one even tries anymore, not even canonical
youtube.com/watch?v=GT5fUcMUfYg

>nothing on the level of NTFS
I was about to reply to your post before I read this. You went too far, 8/10 troll almost fell for it.

sure
still no alternative to Everything
because linux filesystems are trash

I have linux running on a virtual machine on my server.
Why the fuck would I want to have a linux desktop environment if i can just ssh to it and do everything i could do if i was on the server itself?

>>wasting time with desktop linux
What did he mean by this? I just put the ISO on a flash drive with one of the easy GUI tools out there like Rufus or Etcher, then press a function key when the target machine gets to the BIOS, boot to the desktop, run the installer application, set up timezone and accounts, and then I reboot and the whole thing just works forever and ever.

>just works forever and ever.
only if all you do is browse Sup Forums
not even listening to music, because pulseaudio is trash as well, which will randomly distort all sound ouput or plain not initialize after a reboot

You are trying too hard kid, it's pathetic.

>install ubuntu
>everything seems to work
>start using it
>something doesn't seem right
>shitty mouse acceleration
>have to make a fucking config file to disable it
>screen tearing up the ass
>try to rearrange monitors
>both screens get corrupted images
>install intel drivers
>doesn't fix the issue
>give up
So one of the most polished desktop experiences on linux still can't get basic shit right

I've literally never had an issue with it. I've been using Fedora on this machine for an entire year now. Maybe you should learn to properly manage your packages and clean up your system, and just generally take care of it and keep it up to date. And don't bloat it with useless shitware you don't need that conflicts with other things. It's really not hard to do. A monkey could do it.

The paid shills are doing overtime or what?

>f.lux doesn't work at all
>no advanced audio options to change sampling rate

i operate with facts
you operate with memes

Much comfier than Windows, at least.

getting comfy for an all-nighter, fixing libinput not applying acceleration to my touchpad
#comfy #linuxmasterrace

This is a 18+ board, please operate back to veddit.

thanks for proving my point

still no Everything for linux

shit file systems

>hurr everything rocks man!!xD
>da loonix shit amrite NTFS?
It's fucking sad.