Windows faggot here...

windows faggot here. All this botnet stuff has made me want to switch to Linux but I dont know much about the OS but Im willing to learn. If I dont know anything is it worth it to switch over? If so how and where can I learn to master linux?

install gentoo

Just install fedora or one of the *buntus its not hard unless you want autistic minimalism and rice faggotry

>shitters taking credit for shit they didn't even do
so typical

>I want to switch but I have no idea about Linux at all
Don't. You will try to install it and end up reinstalling Windows and shitpost all over Sup Forums about how "bad" Linux was because it is nothing like Windows at all and you couldn't figure out how to install your graphics drivers.

If you seriously consider switching, try it out in a VM first or at least dual boot. Fiddle around with basic stuff you want to use your computer for.

>inb4 windows shill
I'm a full-time Linux user, and I've seen this so many times before.

install it and start playing with it. Then read the wikis and manpages of things you don't understand. Consider working towards a linux+ cert or something if you're actually serious.

>All this botnet stuff has made me want to switch to Linux
That's a really good start.

Just install arch, it was the first distro I used and it taught me a lot desu

Try Ubuntu 16.04. You can dual boot it alongside windows.

>being this bluepilled

India did 9/11

w2c shirt?

It was actually Pakistan. The 9/11 Commission says the money for it came from Pakistan but they didn't bother to follow the money trail because "it wasn't of any significance".

Actually, windows has started to view linux distros as corrupt data, and it tries to format the HD to a NTFS for some reason. His best bet is to use a separted HD or use a VM for windows.

why not 17.0whatever it is?

Non-lts editions are often unstable. I like to think of them as "what-if ubuntu was sub-rolling release" editions.

Yeah, this, dual-booting is like playing Russian roulette every time Windows recieves an update. It will eventually fuck you over.

It taught you to copy/paste from a wiki. Perfect toddler wheels training for Ubuntu

^ This

>arch

^ What he (she) said. Don't use anything outside of Ubuntu, Debian or even Fedora as a beginner. If you so whish, after you've grown used to it, you may use whatever but if you're starting out those three are great choices.
Also forgot to mention all Ubuntu flavours and openSUSE.

What's rice mean?

It means wasting time making your OS look """"pretty"""".

This

Heavily customising your desktop.

winbaby...

I'd advise against dual booting right away. A VM is a perfectly fine way to go first because it's easy to persist data and is contained in something that OP is familiar with already.

After that, I'd maybe try a live install before dual booting or replacing the main OS outright

Also, dual booting can be a pain if you already have Windows installed. In my experience, it's generally easier to partition space for Windows when Linux is already installed than it is to do the opposite

>Wearing a shirt of something means you're taking credit for it

Your 10 week unwashed Linux Tux shirt is not allowed anymore.

It's not a waste of time and it does look pretty but it's also much more functional.

Install Ubuntu, it's the standard. Only use LTS releases: 16.04 currently and soon, 18.04. Just use it, it's easy to use.

Well no one can master Linux or Unix, even if sysadmins use concepts such as file permissions, but with KDE Neon you should be fine

>In my experience, it's generally easier to partition space for Windows when Linux is already installed than it is to do the opposite
In my experience, Windows generally has the tendency to delete the entire boot partition, deleting GRUB before placing its own. In any case, the best way to dual-boot is by using two different hard drives, setting the Linux partition to boot first and chaining GRUB to the Windows bootloader if you don't want to smash F12 every single time you want to change operating systems.