Car Radios Are Technology

Got in car, turned on radio, "Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick!", it started at 3/5 volume. Tried turning the knob down, and the volume actually increased. Tried turning it up, you know, reverse psychology, and it went up some more. Tried turning it back down, and it went up all the way to max. The wonders of digital technology. I want to go back.

Post car radios.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jeESbGPl_Dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My volume is controlled by a touchscreen or a button on my steering wheel.
My keyboard has this issue though, where scrolling the volume wheel down increases the volume sometimes

May your touchscreen always be responsive.

>Mute button
>no pause button in sight.
Engineering at its finest.
Also I hope the person who invented those non-standard bays for radios went to hell.

>This
Anything more than a single din is cancer.

Feels good to have non-shit media system in your car. Physical knob for volume, tuning/track scanning with the other knob, dedicated mute button, volume and track/station skip buttons on steering wheel, takes SD cards with MP3 and a couple other formats, also muting or manually turning volume all the way down pauses the media playback, I fucking love my car.

On/Off , AM/FM , Volume , some station presets.
What more does one need?
>balance
Whoa, Nelly! Slow your roll, there, Buck Rogers.

You drive a VW, you have no authority to have an opinion.

You do realize that those knobs are just digital encoders, and after a while they start going crazy and reading just one way or both at the same time, right?

Better than having everything on touchscreen. And arguably better than crackly analogue pots. I've had it for much more than a while and had zero problems with it. Nor with any other digital knobs/dials on many other devices I use.

Fight me.

Oh so they are standardized. 2 din. What the fuck even DIN stands for?
And why would I need another smart:device: when I can just mount my smartphone to a dashboard.

I have this in my car. It is a 1990s Volkswagen. It has a Deluxe audio system. It has an aux in, and a cassette. This is great as I don't need a cassette adapter, but is a real aux in line.... in 1994. In 1994 CD players were too expensive, so Volkswagen said to just plug your Discman in user. But today this works out, as now you can plug your phone right into the stock head unit and do no fucking with it. Volume knob works correctly, too.

I've had this since 2001, and it's been in 4 different vehicles. I still have it in my dd.

Someone should make audiophile analog stereo radio with only aux in.
Thieves wouldn't even bother with it.

>resistive screen
>drm voice function
>slow
>non standard mounts
>difficult to replace

Yea no thanks

>should we implement a system that moves all the software and processing to a smart phone that everyone already has and is always updating?
>nah we'll go against the industry and make out own half assed and outdated system that drivers would have to deal with instead
Toyota needs to be gassed

MAKE ROOM FOR THE ALMIGHTY 2ND GEN PRELUDE DECK

toyota is moving to apple car play, keep up

Only on the Avalon where the average age of buyers is 105. Still no Android Auto which is the far superior alternative to Carplay
youtu.be/jeESbGPl_Dw

>all cars are going to get it at once

yeah just like all the other car oems did it at once

>muh android play is better
>ignores os specific
>tens of millions have iphones too

>physical knob for volume
>attached to a rotary encoder
wew

it's still better,

ive got capacitive touch and you have to tap it rapidly to get volume down,

knobs at least u can turn fast

Those tens of millions should kill themselves and do everyone else a favor

>KSSSHHHHHHRTSTSSSSSSS

I've always wondered why they don't put a click-wheel on a steering wheel.

Honda added it to its cars in like a year

I think the new Civic does that

And hundreds of millions of people have Android phones

honda only started with teh accord first

was talking about US only but okay, same goes for ios worldwide

Nah they don't use a POT, limited wiper range = no good

They probably use incremental rotary encoders, like picrelated

Are you sure its not just a circular 4-way?

A lot less people use iOS world wide

It's some abortion

>thinks all android phoens can do android auto

just a D-pad stuck on a circle instead of a cross

The wheel control in my car is all fucked and I basically can only control the volume with the steering wheel controls.

>3 gas pedals

>1.5" screen

top kek

god i fucking hate how ford did this ugly ass shit.

Make it a normal din width, not this button abortion

O lyrics requirement for android auto is the phone has to be running lollipop. That shit's old as fuck and most pajeets even use it

Only requirement*

19.3% of android phones are below that, that's almost 200 million incompatible phones

what an ecosystem to invest in!

and it's getting more fragmented with wireless android auto top kek

I'ts actually like 3.5". It's ok, I hate tableshit stuck in the dash.

The bottom 20% aren't buying new cars

>some niggers in Africa using 7 year old phones
>durr fragmentation

Most of them are pajeets or poorfags that will never own a modern car.

>brag about how much share and why care oems should make headunits for you
>oh ignore that 200mil pls

Meanwhile you're ignoring the 800 million than can run android auto and can afford modern infotainment

>buy cheap android phone
>spending as much as premium iphone user

yeah okay

just like you guys spend more on apps right?

lmao

>use a $200 Android phone
>drive a $100k car
Where do I fit?

>look at how good we are at wasting money!
(you)

See
top kek dumb android users spending 100k on a depreciating asset

>implying people don't finance and use the $100k to invest and make more money

Bought this in 1999 at a Wal Mart on clearance for $60-something. Still going strong three cars later.

>paying interest on a depreciating asset

yeah even better!

If you're an adult with good credit the interest rates are so miniscule they're basically pocket change. Cost me like $900 to borrow $100k which is nothing. Meanwhile my $100k is closer to $350k now

and your 100k car is worth 65k within 6 months

>buying (((new)))
>not buying CPO 3-4 year old cars with less than 50k miles

Doesn't bother me when I'm making money plenty of other ways. I'm willing to pay that in depreciation so I don't have to show up at a business meeting in a $3k Civic

That as well. MSRP on the thing was closer to $150k, let the first guy take the $50k hit and got a car less than a year old with like 20k miles

LOL now it's suddenly second hand at 150k retail

>look how smart i am AFTER i was told i'm a retard

I never said I bought my car new. Specced out S class can easily hit that mark with special editions reaching $200k, but that's too much

That's cool. I've never seen a Sanyo deck before.

it's not computerized you numbskull, the knob contacts are dirty, take it apart and clean 'em.

holy fuck when did people get so technophobic they are literally unable to perform the most basic electronic maintenance? We've been dealing with this shit since the potentiometer was invented.

>when did people get so technophobic they are literally unable to perform the most basic electronic maintenance?
Welcome to Sup Forums

DIN is a German standards agency similar to ANSI in America. It stands for Deutsches Institut für Normung. If you are a musician or vintage computer enthusiast you will know their work well.

oh fuck I thought I was on /o/

I've got an aftermarket stereo laying around but haven't bothered installing it in my Accord because it has no bluetooth and I dislike having to connect to aux...so I just use the stock radio with a roidmi, works well enough

I do wish I had steering wheel controls for music though

If it's a double DIN why not one of these? No CD player so it's actually narrower and easier to install

Now, if you have navigation you CAN'T mute or even turn off the radio so you can hear the fucking directions.

carplay is super comfy, probably the only thing i like about my iphone

Do you use Spotify? Extremely slow and buggy for me

>he does not drive a manual

>driving home after work
>not too much traffic
>jewgle tell me there's a major accident on the highway and offers an alternative route
>take it and it tells me to take an exit right before the traffic jam
>avoid an hour and a half crawling through traffic at 2mph
So useful

nah...i do notice the iheartradio app is super laggy too, so maybe its just shitty optimization

>you CAN'T mute or even turn off the radio so you can hear the fucking directions
It works for me user. Actually it will automatically lower the radio/music volume to almost mute when navigation is talking. And only in the front speakers and not the rear ones, since passengers don't need to hear directions anyway.

That's a Chevy Malibu, which also supports Apple car play. It still has Nav tho, so using Android Auto is an alternative, not required.

Built in nav in a car always sucks ass

The cassette part fits most standard smartphones too. Very comfy imho...

Fuck yeah, still got my DEH 1400 and 4700mp. Also got the Sirius Tuner add on for the 4700mp. plus 200 w amp. Back when shit was simple and just worked.

I have the IP bus break-out box (RCA inputs) on this and my other Pioneer deck.

Great bait. Almost fell for it.

this isn't even my final form

Looks like something Terry would use to keep track of glow in the dark CIA niggers

go away Karlton

I think the only thing you could fit in the cassette would be an iPhone 3 max. I still do actually have cassettes, though.

But, not a big deal, there's a little cubby behind the Euro sized cupholders too small to fit Amerisized beverages that fits my smartphone that seems to keep it in place well enough.

Biggest thing, too, is keeping it a stock radio, it's a lot less likely to be stolen by certain minorities and drug addicts where I live. I was always paranoid and took the faceplate off my radio when I had an aftermarket head unit in my old car, when parking in the hood, now I can be significantly less paranoid.

I have a new civic and it's a touch sensitive pad that is also a rocker. You can swipe up or down for broad volume adjustments, or click the rocker for one step adjustment. I find my thump grazes the volume pad then I click the right button on the directional pad which is annoying

Say what you want about Chrysler, but Uconnect is the best system hands down.