youtube.com/watch?v=CO_kV2FcNbE
youtube.com/watch?v=3mIWkRv7GrM
youtu.be/KPCkfVpzsC4
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Умом_Россию_не_понять
youtube.com/watch?v=yfloh8FEjDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's an empty void filled with 19th century poetry and vodka

>mysterious Russian soul

It's just a meme. Actually we have no soul at all.

no

Russians are the most honest and kind people in the world. Their soul is worn on their sleeve.

oh you mysterious soul

good-slaves.

"Moscow
Your soul is so great"
did Dschingis Khan lie to me then?

I ate pills from soviet bunker and I hear voices

kys shartinmart

almost nobody speaks english

pic

youtube.com/watch?v=dl9nv9Swjm8
We love memes

youtube.com/watch?v=c8cQ2ouI4cc

Let's just sit back and drink some vodka, i will explain.

in music video form

youtube.com/watch?v=qP79zHALbH4

In the rest of the world it's know as a "hangover".

seems pretty stereotypical
youtube.com/watch?v=4_Kj0d_fJPM
youtube.com/watch?v=CO_kV2FcNbE
youtube.com/watch?v=3mIWkRv7GrM

lmao Slavs are like niggers

I laughed uncontrollably that is THE MOST Russian thing I have ever heard in all my years

it really isn't though, it's the evil and dumb russian from american propaganda thing

Read Svetlana Alexievich if you want to understand how are russians.

I have a better description of "russian soul" expressed in one song. But i'm afraid it's too deep to OP.

youtu.be/KPCkfVpzsC4

The other Pole is right. This is Russian only from the stereotype of a Russian that Americans have. It's funny, though, I admit.

t. someone who has had contact with Яussians for 10 years

The "mysterious russian soul" is a foreign meme.

Taren is no joke.

that is even more mysterious

>foreign
No, it's quite prevalent in your literature as well.

Mate, got no idea what kind of "russian" literature were you reading but it's definitely not the one I've ever heard of.

>let me tell you about your country

I think I'm still high why the fuck am I laughing at this post so much

The Brothers Karamazov, Crime and Punishment. It shows up in poetry as well - ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Умом_Россию_не_понять

My ass is more mysterious than this. Like seriously, why is it so enjoyable to stuff it with all kinds of elongated things.

its Dostoyevsky's meme

Do they teach you anything at all anymore in schools? See, even the american knows.

>Dostoyevsky
Oh hell no. Don't tell me you wasted your time on reading that crap.

His shit being boring doesn't make it any less literature or him any less russian. desu it was required reading (excerpts) at school when I was a wee lad.

there is no such thing.
Russians "invented" it to think that we are special.
It's like asian countries think that their people are the sons of gods or something.

I think every country does that to an extent, even the US has American Exceptionalism (but the Progressives are currently trying to get rid of that because racism and shit)
All nations need a national character I think

I want to know about the Russians and their mysterious souls though

actually denying russian soul is just the part of the mysterious russian soul

>it was required reading
fucking hell, what a bunch of cucks you are
>be asspained about Russia
>still forced to read russian literature at school
comedy gold

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
HOW CAN ANYONE TELL YOU ABOUT SOMETHING TAHT DOESN"T EXISTS

But we are really sons of the ancient Gods, unlike these chink-chongs. Our civilization is more than 500000 years old, our ancestors came here from the stars.

You're not taking into consideration how old I am.

tovarisch zadornov, please log in

You will never understand anything about Russia or "russian soul", whatever that is.

There is nothing that makes Russians unique?

okay, but still it is fun when people tell me about their country.

Russian soul is just living day by day knowing you live in a shithole, that your neighbour can one day snap and in drunken stupor kill his wife or just random bydlo messing with you on the street, it's the harsh winter and bad pay, it's the friday's bottle of vodka, god wills it if it's with a friend and the day-after's hangover.

And at the end of the day kind of enjoying it, at the most basic level, because you know that despite all the shit you're still somehow going on and can even laugh about it.

>I want to know about the Russians and their mysterious souls though

It's not the thing that could be explained in 2-3 sentences. And moreover i'm not even sure a person from other culture could completely understand it.

you read it in highschool as part of learning about 19th century literature

We don't have souls, only eternal hate.

Dark and cold. It's like the other dimension in Stranger Things.

I can only imagine how russian literature is presented in a Lithuanian highschool

According to this guy it's basically "feeling over thinking", and throw a good measure of submitting to higher power while you're at it.

>Fiodoras Dostojevskis

XDD

I don't even feel hate or anger towards anybody or anything. Only emptiness somewhere inside.

>broliai

I doubt I will truly understand it but I want to know more

Russians never get a positive representation in our media except for sex spy girls, but Russians on imageboards do not act like the Western media says they should so I became curious about them

Yes we include crime and punishment into the curriculum for the sole purpose of examining moral degradation in Russian society. Post 1990 redacted versions also have a summary of Stalin's crimes after every chapter.

Do you at least want to invade someone?

No makings fun of language please ;_;

Exactly as I thought, kek

And how should we act?

constantly plotting usa's demise/world domination probably

According to the media you should be drunk at all times and ready to lash out at any sight of Americans in defense of Mother Russia

but this is not true of Russian posters, they are mostly civil and ready to engage in serious discussions

I have no desire to do anything anymore.

I think you don't know how the russian flag looks like, pal. I don't remember the last time I was sober and you better not say anything bad about Mother Russia, you American scum.

I might be an obese cowboy but I have an AR in my pickup truck so watch out and God bless America. Praise Jesus

The Russian soul is something in between a white and a none white. They're honest only because they hate everybody and don't care what they think. To be Russian is too hate whites and none whites, too hate life and death, so basically to just be a hateful guy who wants to watch the world burn while they drink some vodka.

I don't have anyone and do care about what they think. We aren't fucking barbarians. Soul is a meme

*don't hate

Stop translating our names pls :(

>translating
Transliterating. Sorry, it's just how cases work in lithuanian.

adding -as to everything is not transliterating, it's translating

The root would be Fiodor- Dostojevsk-.
Translating a name (lol who does that) to lithuanian would be Teodoras.

We have our own rules too, but we don't turn "Leonardo" into "Leonard" or "Margaret" into "Margareta", we simply don't decline them. Why is it so principal for you to add -s everywhere?

It isn't. Sometimes it's done, sometimes it's not. Occasionally it's done, but followed with original version in parenthesis. It's pretty much up to the editor of publication, and I'd say it's being slowly phased out.

If you look carefully the book I posted was released in 1986.

>-s everywhere
It's -as (most of the time, although it can be -ys -is, -ius, -uo), because that's male nominative. All there is to it.

Russian posters are the best.

Intelligent, impossible to rustle and funny in both subtle and outrageous ways.

In Swedish we transliterate. Fyodor becomes Fjodor, Dostoyevsky becomes Dostojevskij.

What you are doing is changing the name.

God damn sweden

>let me tell you ab-
Oh whatever, I don't care. If we don't add case endings to names sentences stop making sense in lithuanian, but believe whatever you want to believe.

i've tried to imagine karamazov brothers if they were lithuanian but i don't know any of lithuanian stereotypes. Amber? Basketball?

What do you want to know about the russian soul??

youtube.com/watch?v=yfloh8FEjDk