Are the lactose intolerance maps real? Are there really countries where basically NO ONE can have dairy?

Are the lactose intolerance maps real? Are there really countries where basically NO ONE can have dairy?

How do they survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.tine.no/helse/allergi-og-intoleranse/artikler/oster-for-laktoseintolerante
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_milk
en.mercopress.com/2011/02/10/uruguay-has-the-highest-per-capita-milk-consumption-230-liters-annually
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how does someone need milk to survive lmao

i don't have intolerance but i never drink milk, it tastes like shit

I find it hard to believe that over 50% of the people here are lactose intolerant.
Pretty much everyone drinks tea everyday.

>NO ONE can have dairy
that's not what lactose intolerance means, you fucking retard

Someone who gets an upset stomach after eating too much cheese counts as lactose intolerant according to this map

This. The milk is healthy meme is one of the worst.

Cheese ususlly barely even contains any lactose. Except for really extreme cases (which are quite rare), most "lactose intolerant" people can still eat cheese without any problems.

That map is clearly bullshit tbqhwyf, the only lactose intolerant people I've ever seen here were of Asian descent, and although they're quite numerous here, they're not even close to be the majority. I didn't even know lactose intolerance was a thing until I was 15yo.
I live in São Paulo btw.

Also, the Southern Cone (i.e. Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and South Brazil) is known for having the biggest white population in Latin America. It makes no sense that they would be the most lactose intolerant.

>tfw lactose intolerance in 0-15% zone

ARGENTINA IS WHIIIIIIITE

The map is bullshit. Most people in Finland are intolerant. We have the biggest market for lactose free milk in the world.

Soft cunts can't even eat our national cheese, lmao. It has ten times the lactose level of milk.

enjoying the welfare machmoud?

That one isn't. I've literally only met one lactose intolerant guy in my life, and he had never met anyone else.

What does it taste like? I can't get it here. At least I don't think I've seen it sold anywhere.

>It has ten times the lactose level of milk.
I honestly doubt that, considering normal milk could typically have 5% lactose for example.

Please provide proofs

Hard to describe, it's nothing like cheese really. Very creamy and sweet, tastes a bit like caramel.

I know Sweden sell it like pic related, same taste, maybe you have it as well.

Up to 45g of lactose per 100g. Scroll down to bottom, one lice has as much lactose as one glass of milk.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.tine.no/helse/allergi-og-intoleranse/artikler/oster-for-laktoseintolerante

Lactos intolerance in that map probably includes asymptomatic people who can develop the disease.

>Up to 45g of lactose per 100g.
wow, that's incredible

I guess it gives you a good idea of what lactose tastes like. I guess it makes sense that the cheese is very sweet, since pure lactose is supposedly fairly sweet as well.

I might sound REALLY stupid, but how come lactose intolerant babies drink titmilk? I suppose they do

How would one develop it?

Stop consuming lactose for a period of time? I know of a couple of people who choose not to drink milk, but nobody goes without cheese around here.

Breastmilk from Human Females does not contain Lactose.

You just dont notice the farts and the diarrhea.

I mean you do live in India after all.

It tastes awful tho.

Nigger what? We have the highest milk consumption on the planet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

>Lactose intolerant individuals have insufficient levels of lactase, an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of lactose into glucose and galactose, in their digestive system.
>Most mammals normally cease to produce lactase (lactase nonpersistence), becoming lactose intolerant, after weaning,[5] but some human populations have developed lactase persistence, in which lactase production continues into adulthood which likely developed as a response to growing benefits of being able to digest the milk of farm animals such as cattle.
>Healthy people with lactase nonpersistence are able to consume at least one cup of milk without developing symptoms and this tolerance is improved by consuming the milk with a meal (preferably lactose-reduced milk), adding lactase supplements, or replacing milk by yogurt or hard cheeses.[10]
>Primary congenital alactasia, also called congenital lactase deficiency, is an extremely rare, autosomal recessive enzyme defect that prevents lactase expression from birth.[1][11] People with congenital lactase deficiency cannot digest lactose from birth, so cannot digest breast milk. This genetic defect is characterized by a complete lack of lactase (alactasia). Approximately, only 40 cases have been reported worldwide, mainly limited to Finland.

Lactose intolerants lose the ability to process lactose after infancy. Also some people gain it. I was lactose intolerant as a kid but have no problems drinking milk now.

>Milktugal

15+%?
I have never met anyone that is lactose intolerant... seems a bit high.

>tea
>lactose

What?

Portugal is so insular in a lot of these maps, and people wonder still if we and Spain are different.

Wrong, see Also, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_milk

Breast milk contains 7g of lactose per 100ml, which amounts to roughly 4.6% lactose content (very similar to normal cow milk).

This map makes me so fucking angry holy shit NO ONE IS FUCKING LACTOSE INTOLERANT HERE I'D BE SURPRISED IF 10% OF OUR POPULATION WAS LACTOSE INTOLERANT 80% MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

>nearly a liter a day
This better include shit like butter, cheeses, creams or whatever, because otherwise it doesn't make any sense at all.

very low lactose in cheese. The problem is with pure milk

Portugal as a whole is surely different from Spain as a whole, there's no doubt about that. But is Portugal really so different from Galicia, or even other regions such as Extremadura? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just genuinely curious. It's the same thing with Canada: as a whole we're fairly different from the US, but in reality we're identical to the Northern USA, it just so happens that the Northern USA and Southern USA have big differences between them.

Fine, but by "people who stop drinking milk", I meant "people who drop drinking milk by the glass". Everyone still drinks it with cereal.

Yogurts and ice-cream too.

some put milk in their tea

I don't think i has something to do with whiteness
but you're right, this map is bullshit. I doubt 80-100% chileans are lactose intolerant, that's a bit extreme

some put coffee in their cereals

My dad drinks two or more liters a day, fat-free but still it's crazy.

>fat-free milk

Might as well drink muddy water.

>Galicia
Not really, no. They are definitely closest to us and bring the numbers together.
>Estremadura
Fairly different, but it's irrelevant since it's sort of empty.

Still, Madrid and Barcelona and Valencia should have the highest impact.

It's just interesting that people don't realise that Spain is a huge mesa, and that climate in Portugal is very very different from the bulk of Spain, mainly because of the border mountains. This led to some (but definitely not all) very very different behaviours. Portugal is a lot greener and gloomier, whereas Spain is a lot yellower and sunnier. I just find it very interesting because it also surprises me a lot.

That should sound disgusting, but it doesn't. I assume drip coffee?

damn, and I thought I drank a lot of milk by drinking 4 liters per week

>fat-free
so it's water

wat
is this actually a thing in france?

Maybe if one isn't drinking any other liquids, but otherwise how are you even supposed to keep that much milk down...

having lactose intolerance is just being unable to digest lactose in milk and still able to digest other nutrients like protein and fat.
southern Caucasians and Mongols consume milk so much.
I myself often drink it, although much of it causes me a tendency of excretion because undigested lactose stimulates my intestines.

wtf? I, and everyone I know drink whole milk everyday with cereal or coffee

Swede on vacation in Japan

No fucking clue, the map says that barely anyone can drink it yet milk and other dairy can be found everywhere

2 liters of fatty milk, though.

Milk makes sense in the northern countries because it's an easy source of protein and fat, and traditions stick, even if the milk itself changes to adapt this new availability.

Otherwise Finns would be dropping dead with such high amounts of fat AND coffee.

Pretty much. Fat-free is gross as fuck. I don't get the point.

Well yeah you don't necessarily want to be drinking 2 litres of whole milk a day if you're not a really active person. But semi or skimmed milk is a waste of time in general.

hungry hungry skeletor detected

It's not a thing because it kills the cereals' crispiness quickly, but some people do it.

>the map says that barely anyone can drink it
read the thread, that's not AT ALL what "lactose intolerance" means

the average lactose intolerant can still drink milk

>But semi or skimmed milk is a waste of time in general.
Heh. It's more of a habit thing, I presume. It's basically the lactose equivalent to an e-cig or alcohol-free beer, in a way.

I'm actually 184 and ~90kg, but my diet is mostly red meat and fish, not a whole lot of dairy.

But skimmed milk has no taste compared to whole.

calm your rippletits we got plenty of fatty food

It's the illusion. If it's in stuff like cereal or coffee I don't mind it, since there's other flavours at play and it's an easy way to cut calories.

I usually carry both skimmed and regular at home for different purposes.

>How do they survive?
Delactosed milk exists, you know

Soy milk isn't as bad as other vegan-replacement stuff. Tastes a bit like corn, but it's great for smoothies or milkshakes.

>people still fall for the semi-skimmed low fat meme

Whole milk is about 4-5% fat, which is absolutely fuck all and much of won't harm you or is positive.

There's some people who think that "people don't need milk to survive" (which is true) translates to "milk is bad for your health" (which is false). Of course, moderation is key.

It varies
In my case my body stops producing the enzyme if I don't drink milk for a week or so, but after the first day of drinking milk again everything returns to normal

>soy milk
I was talking about actual cow milk, just without the lactose. pic related

Who the hell would do that? How much of a subhuman can people be?

Yes yes. I was adding to your solutions, not replacing them.

Brits do

inaccurate
lactose intolarance here is close to 0% yet still this Food intolerance network claims we have 80-100%

seems like a network of retards

Enjoy your estrogen, nu-male.

>soy milk
You don't want drink this. This will increase your estrogen levels

Same here, every fucking kid in here grows up drinking milk and consuming dairy products. I have only met one lactose intolerant (mild case) person in my life.

I'm the guy who only ever met one lactose intolerant who drank it. I only ever had the opportunity to try it once. I liked it.

Beer is worse, estrogen-wise, I'm sure.

>Bagged milk
Stop embarrasing us

I guess it's an acquired taste, either you hate it or you love it. There are a lot of different varieties though and it's really good on the right type of bread.

Almond milk is GOAT, have you tried it?

I just don't like sweet things in general, and the texture is a bit off-putting. It was the danish variety, if it differs from yours at all.

Well... I am not surprised. Brits, apparently Indians... the Crème de la crème of the human race.

>sissy safety cheese knife.

Not really, no. Sounds good, if expensive. Should be nice for a once in a while thing like I was suggesting.

Tastes better than any milk that comes in cardboard.

Milk is nice in some Tea, when you want it to taste something more nourishing.

With or without are good for different moods/kinds of tea.

>Milk is nice in some Tea

It's English Breakfast tea that is designed to go with milk here, the stuff that comes in teabags and is your everyday black tea - can also be drunk on its own.

I drink liter a day easily. 0.5l mug with a meal, sometimes more

I usually go for a chamomile tea, myself. Infusion? Is it even a tea? I usually add milk if it's late at night so it sits better and helps me fall asleep, but I don't if I drink it in the morning or afternoon. It really depends.

Never had English Breakfast tea, I don't think.

Cumjuice for cumskins. It makes sense.

[spoiler]But seriously I don't know a single person who is lactose intolerant here and we drink milk straight from the cows[/spoiler]

I drink this one and it is not lined with cardboard on the inside. Enjoy your BPA compounds from drinking milk from a plastic bag

This nigga knows what's up

>he doesn't put milk in his tea

>I just don't like sweet things in general
Well, in that case you're not missing out.

>It was the danish variety, if it differs from yours at all.
Hmm, not sure, would never trust a Dane to get our food right.

Greatest, most revolutionary invention of all time you mean.

>how are you even supposed to keep that much milk down
What kind of question is this? Do you have some kind of problem drinking milk? I drink like 1-2 liters of milk per day and like 1-2 liters of water per day and I have no problem holding them both down, why would I?

>Never had English Breakfast tea, I don't think.

It varies wildly in price and quality. For cheap everyday tea I like Yorkshire Tea.

I will. I've been meaning to switch up the usual coffee once in a while.

>straight from the cow
Used to drink it as a kid as well. Grandma would milk the cow into the bucket through a cloth, and we'd get some warm milk before she'd take the rest to make butter and cheese from. Probably would make half the people ITT shit their guts out.

Yup. Had it once when I was a kid, went almost full american by the end of the day. Lucky I was at home.

Daily reminder that if you don't drink milk every single day you're a gigantic faggot and your dad needs to ask your sister to open jars for him

Ireland drinks more than us. They love their Breakfast tea.

en.mercopress.com/2011/02/10/uruguay-has-the-highest-per-capita-milk-consumption-230-liters-annually

>Uruguay has the highest per capita consumption of milk in Latin America averaging between 225 and 230 liters. This compares favorably with Argentina’s 220 liters, Brazil’s 110 and Chile’s 100.

We have the highest consumption of milk per capita in Latin America along with Argentina and lactose-derived products have always been essential to us due to our livestock-based economy.

80-100% lactose intolerance like that map says is impossible.

do they also put milk in it?

I wouldnt expect the middle east to be so lactose intolerant i mean they eat yoghurt and cheese all the time and were the first to use dairy products iirc