FUCK SYSTEMD!

>It is now indeed the case that any background processes that were still running are killed automatically when the user logs out of a session, whether it was a desktop session, a VT session, or when you SSHed into a machine. Now you can no longer expect a long running background processes to continue after logging out. I believe this breaks the expecations of many users. For example, you can no longer start a screen or tmux session, log out, and expect to come back to it.

How do I fix that shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825394
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825394

I lost entire fucking night to find this after upfrading the realease. God damn it!

Still doesn't work!

Now I need to change systemd config start screen, start xvfb, do loginctl enable-linger and then start session in that particular screen window to get vnc access. How can they do this to Linux?!

get comfortable with that systemd/winux way of life folks, 's only gonna get more systemd up in this bitch

But guys GNU/Linux is better than Windows!

redhat/lennart's working on fixing that

Who the fuck taught those devs? Don't break shit that worked for the last 30 years...

gentle push m8

All scientists using screen on my UNI will kill themselves when the next LTS dropps. This will be a fucking nightmare.

don't worry, "linux is not about choice" lennartbots will find a way to twist this into being the users' fault

> Behaviour is trivially configurable in one single setting
Definitely worth a lot of fucking drama.

This behavior is how it should have always been. A process should require special permission to keep a session alive without the user.

Processes attached to an user should be terminated upon logging out of that user.

I want screen to remain working when I leave my tasks running.

Shit doen't work according to their fucking obscure manual when you want to start x-session from terminal. They assume that you are a fucking desktop user with gui login manager! You can't connect tp dbus socket when it's not running in the first place!

>A process should require special permission to keep a session alive without the user.

Nigga, you start screen or tmux as root and systemd fucking kill them anyway.

Read this as:
>A nigger should require special permission to be kept alive

Because complicated bullshit like that keeps redhat making money.

Not upgrading again until next meltdown comes out. I'll keep my computational cluster offline.

Come home, white man.

This thread is another proof most loonix "power" users are narcissistic computer illiterates. Most good windows users are way more advanced at software knowledge.

In this example they are so incompetent, they don't even know they can revert that logout behavior with a simplistic /etc config edit.

Stop using systemd

>For example, you can no longer start a screen or tmux session, log out, and expect to come back to it.
Literally kill poettering already.

Nope, everyone in lab is on Ubuntu and they won't survive the change of disro family. Also python 2.7 for lyfe.

>they don't even know they can revert that logout behavior with a simplistic /etc config edit.

Changing that systemd option in config doesn't work >

Just your daily reminder that Poettering is a fucking idiot and he hates sane defaults, and thinks that niche use cases are a good reason to leave users vulnerable.

>Most good windows users are way more advanced at software knowledge
I suggest going back to you retarded failed abortion. Also, systemd is not Linux and Linux is not systemd. The problem here is Poettering and Poettering alone, not the users.

t. Winshit user

>systemctl start ssh
>ssh faggot@Sup Forums.org
>log out
>ssh shuts down
THANKS POETTERING

>have to watch every system update like a hark just in case Poettering decides to remove or change functionality that was a sane defaults for 20+ years every other week.

This. This shit showed up in 2016 and you still can't find info about it on first page in google. Fucking hell! Log messages tell you nothing. I thought Dbus and lxde are broken for the firsts 4 hours.

Also fuck Intel. I upgraded because of meltdown.

You fucking retard. Do you not see the security benefits from having all user processes killed upon logout

Not to say systemd is all that but this is something I agree with

Cool, then they should enable this with that one setting instead of making it the default.

>Do you not see the security benefits from having all user processes killed upon logout

No. I need simulations to run in background 24/7.

>this is what winfags actually believe

Don't forget telling nobody about it.
Nobody reads fucking changelogs for every package on every update.

I just killed Xorg and exited the only tty I was logged in on and my tmux session didn't die.

Is there some special logout feature I don't have?

Killing yourself.

So just fucking use OpenRC already

Why it doesn't do anything better than systemd.

I don’t care either way, I’m tired of these niggers bitching about systemd when they have at least two alternatives.

>write garbage software that doesn't do login properly
>get buttmad when said shitware gets killed when the user scope goes bye bye which is how cgrouping and user logins should work in the first place.

fucking retards:

also `man systemd-run`

literally shows you how to fix this because screen/tmux are garbageware.

Example 5. Start screen as a user service

$ systemd-run --scope --user screen
Running scope as unit run-r14b0047ab6df45bfb45e7786cc839e76.scope.

$ screen -ls
There is a screen on:
492..laptop (Detached)
1 Socket in /var/run/screen/S-fatima.

Because it is hobbyst garbage, unlike systemd which is made by the engineers of a FORTUNE 500 company.

The default seems correct now, it's what I'd expect to happen.

For everyone who wants something else, they should use the setting or invoke their programs appropriately.

>systemd-run --scope --user screen
Doesn't work without enabling lingering in that tty right before. It would be nice to tell me that in a fucking manual.

Try staring any xsession from terminal and it will crap itself because to xauthority something. Yea, no shit. Xsession isn't running yet.

Nah nah nah, you got it all wrong. Anything in the gnu/linux space needs to be coded by stay at home neet autists eating hot pockets. NOTHING is allowed to be made by engineers anymore, due to (((botnet))) influence by anyone actually qualified to make decisions on process design.

>people still using and defending systemd
I hold all people not using 9front, bsd, slackware or windows 7 fully responsible for how bad things have gotten.