>enter password and login
>screen is completely black
>spend an hour reading up on how to fix
>get it fixed
>finally time to install OpenFOAM
>go to site ---> downloads
>there's literally nothing to download
>just instructions
>learn that you have to be connected to the internet to install a fucking program
>YOU HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET TO INSTALL A SIMPLE FUCKING PROGRAM
>workarounds exist but are complicated and involve tricking the OS
>have to type commands in the terminal for the simplest tasks
>everything is confusing
>everything is time consuming
Linux is garbage.
Fuck this fucking piece of shit OS and everyone that shills it around here.

The technology that allows Windows to download programs without any Internet connection is patented. Sad but not Linux's fault

nice blogpost retard

Linux isn't for you.

You can install windows programs without an internet connection if you have the setup files.

you can do this in linux too retard

You can install applications without an internet connection if you have a local mirror of the repository.
Opensuse does this by default.
You download a huge iso that have a ton of applications and you can install from that and then you switch to an online repository so you get updates.

That's a shitty alternative to a simple fucking installation file.

or just install from the package like a normal human being

It really isn't.
Most people have internet, it is far more reasonable to expect a computer to have internet than access via USB or optical media.
The exception to this is very secure environments and those people know how to live without internet and really poor areas where they wouldn't use Ubuntu anyway.

I'm sure you're all enjoying being mongs at the moment but I needed to inject the truth in here in case anybody with only slightly subnormal IQ.

You have to be connected to the Internet to _download_ a program. Incredibly, this is also how it works on other systems too.

On Linux though, package managers let you efficiently download, install, and update from one place, but if you have some weird reason to need to get a program now and install it later (some kind of weird Windows Stockholm Syndrome?), you can just download a package on its own and install it later.

Congrats for noticing that doing something differently requires time and attention to learn the new tools.

>goes to website
>surprised you need internet to go to website
Honestly, please delete this thread. Its circular stupidity on many levels.

I already hit "try again" what more do you want from me?

>it is far more reasonable to expect a computer to have internet than access via USB or optical media

LIDF out in full force I see.
There's no excuse for having to jump through so many hoops to install a program. And that fucking terminal? What is it the 80s?

>what is .deb

Half of the linux shills are kids or neets, and the other half are simply trying to trick people into making the jump so they can get get reactions like yours.

You have never actually explained what the problem is, therefore there is no way for anyone to help you.
All you have done is weirdly complain that "YOU NEED INTERNET TO DOWNLOAD FROM INTERNET". Its very autistic and borderline down-syndrome argument to make.
Is the problem you don't have an internet connection? Then how are you posting? The only thing that is very clear is you are going to fail all your STEM classes. Forget OpenFOAM. You're too stupid. Get a degree in nigger history with emphasis on women studies. Its the only way.

Install gentoo

>LIDF
nice meme

>spend an hour reading instructions on how to dual boot
>everything is confusing
>go to a website to download and install software and realize I have to be connected to the internet to download software
It's just you. You're retarded. Install android-x86 or ChromeOS on your PC. I don't think you should use any other OS on your PC as they're just too advanced for you.

You can download a .sh file to install whatever you want offline. That's how games from GOG are distributed for Linux, and many other software.
Or you can install an appimage, flatpak or if you have all dependencies you can even install a .deb file directly. But please tell me how will you download any software for any OS unless you have Internet?

>have program from distro repo
whatever -flagforofflineinstall program.gz
>have program from manufacturer
click it in file manager

i don't see your problem

I'm not asking for help, I managed to install OpenFOAM, eventually.
It's just that I heard so much about how awesome Linux is and how you'll never look back after making the switch, but after working with it for a while, it's clunky and not in the least bit user friendly. So what's the point? Why do you shills, shill this OS so much?

The Terminal is the thingy I just type "Install " into, and it does it.

packaged .deb files are available, m8
even then, you're still going to need the internet because of shit like dependencies. Dependencies aren't even exclusive to linux, either.

You could have just installed a VM on your Windows install.

AppImage

KYS&RTFM
It is like saying 'Manual is shit because it is not automatic'