>anime
kys

>complaining about anime on Sup Forums
kys

Elaborate

>Anime
>It’s a manga
y
You’re literally in fucking Sup Forums, Jesus. How far has this board fallen, culturally?

It's an アニメと漫画 website, you do know that, right?

I’m working on a statistical model (the model will be deployed, not the code/rep/project) and he’s telling me that elements of my commits (to my own branch!) don’t follow PEP8 standards.

anime.website

>How far has this board fallen, culturally?
This is a reddit-board now. Deal with it.

So what?
Subversion is reddit tier.

Then get your editor to detect and possibly auto-fix these mistakes for you? It's not hard.

kek, found the redditor.

Well when your commits get merged it's not your "own branch" anymore, so you might as well adhere to your company's standards right away

>Baby's first code review
You should be glad your workplace actually has standards. Otherwise instead of this thread you'd be complaining about needing to parse a spaghetti codebase so bad even the NAMES weren't consistent

mercurial is best

Team Foundation Server is the best version control system for small to medium size projects.

Coding standards are a good thing to have, you'll see when you try working on a large, old project where they have not been enforced. With many people contributing to it over the years, the codebase will become an inconsistent, usightly mess that is a headache to read, with each function/file being structured differently, as numerous standard-eschewing snowflakes were committing code written according to their respective One True style that is clearly the best.

Getting code review is part of the process of writing software. It's like doing any real writing, you draft and review. Doing code review seriously doesn't mean they're a git nazi baka

It's not your branch when it's merged, dumbass. You can do whatever you want, but fix them up before you merge/rebase

It was before the merge! That’s why I called it my own branch!

What does that even mean

>It was before the merge!
So you admit it was meant to be merged eventually.
Why not write it properly from the start and save everyone some trouble later?