Why does Sup Forums not recommend tilling wm to newbies?

why does Sup Forums not recommend tilling wm to newbies?
just tried one for first time and it's comfy af + extremely convenient
and it's not difficult to use in the slightest
can't believe I've gone so long without using one
especially on macOS which lacks proper windows managing features

>a tilling wm on mac os
what
h
a
t

I'm not into learning 30 shortcuts just so my screen is a little bit more neat. I'll just fucking drag shit to the sides of the screen, thanks.

Also, I don't mind you using 4 (potentially 5) web browsers, but how can you have such shit taste for music and end up here?

But that's horribly slow.

it takes less than a second. I understand macOS doesn't have window snapping by default but there are software solutions for that shit too.

I actually recommend Tiling WMs to everyone I know. They changed my life.

they all require real configuration without guis and your workflow is broken as soon as one application requires mouse control

Windows 10 actually has a very basic tiling window manager built in. Open your control center and click tablet mode. Make the taskbar auto disappear by enabling that in settings. Then it'll work like a basic tiling window manager.
Shortcuts:
Alt-tab: Switch between windows
Win-tab: Show all open windows
Win-left: Tile left side
Win-left-up: Tile left upper corner
Win-left-down: Tile left bottom corner
Win-right: Tile right side
Win-right-up: Tile right upper corner
Win-right-down: Tile right bottom corner

why are you replying to a troll thread?
>tiling wm on mac os
>spotify
>des pa cito

Well, I use so may different browsers because I use each for different stuff, and I have a lot of tabs opens in each
So one for uni stuff, another for android ROMs etc
It's a bit slow to navigate through hundreds of tabs open in a single browser, so I just keep them separated
Also the music is a meme, like the tabs open in the browser
Always done
I've tried many different software that do that but I haven't really liked any
I mostly use my keyboard, so moving one hand to the mouse is more of a hassle than quickly clicking 3 keys
Also, having a small space between windows makes it feel less cluttered
Yeah this changes a lot, when I'm programming in Matlab or working on an assignment or anything bloke that
>they all require real configuration without guis
Not amethyst, the wm I'm using
> your workflow is broken as soon as one application requires mouse control
Explain how?

What's the problem with a tilliing wm on macOS?
Since it doesn't have proper snapping tools it's almost mandatory imo
>Also check out my sweet open tabs

Me too. It's one of those rare pieces of software that anyone, including normies, can benefit from if they put in the required 15 minutes to learn it.

People have been using tiling wm's on Unix for decades.

normies don't need automatic window placement because they don't care if windows overlap

>tfw I dont use tiling wm
>kwin + window settings to tile my main three windows (browser/term/file manager), store location, and open at startup
>everything else opens wherever, i dont care
fite me

Because it is stupid and inefficient meme. You can set keybinds on any modern wm, but also not creiiple yourself to only one mode and only keyboard shortcuts.

>only one more
Amethyst has 4?

I like one of my contents, to fit whole space.

That's manual tiling you dingus. A tiling wm does that on it's own based on a configuration.

>I'm not into learning 30 shortcuts
dwm doesn't have this problem at all.

None of those applications are usable in that size

Yes they are
Anyways that's besides the point
Replace Spotify with a different browser window and the bottom browser window with word or any text processor, it becomes so useful then

I like normal desktops. They're usable with both keyboard and mouse. And overlapping windows is often an ADVANTAGE to me, because I can arrange them intelligently to hide pointless parts of the windows (e.g. server/members list on Discord) or to only show the parts that I care about, which is a MORE efficient usage of space than tiling everything and having it all visible. Plus I can always quarter tile with keyboard shortcuts or mouse dragging anyway.

>mod+d if you want to run something
>mod+shift+q to close something
>mod+enter to open a new terminal
>mod+arrows to change focus to a different window (mod+shift+arrows to change the layout of the windows)
>mod+ to move to workspace (mod+shift+ to move a window to a different workspace)
>mod+r to enter resize mode, escape to escape it, arrows resize the windows
>mod+v/h to tile the next window vertically/horizontally
>mod+shitf+e to log out
You can use i3 by knowing 8 simple, easy to remember shortcuts.

The problem is that it's not a proper tiling wm, just some shitty hack added on top of the default wm, meaning you waste a ton of screen space on redundant/overly large titlebars on your already small 1440x900 screen.

True
Also only reply that isn't >tilling in Mac or "I prefer traditional space managing"
Still it's pretty nice

Oh, sorry. I never really intensely used tiling WMs so I didn't know that tiling being automatic was a requirement for something to be called a tiling WM.