PC Case thread

Post your favorite case, share experience and post recommendations.

My current PC has pic related
silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=rv03&area=en

the design is so that the motherboard is turned 90 degrees counterclockwise so that the GPU is vertical and all ports are on top (under optional cover). It's great for airflow because all the hot air from CPU and GPU instantly leaves case. It has two huge fans on the bottom too with removable micro mesh cover.

Anyone know of any other case with the motherboard turned like this with ports on top? I need a new case for my new build and I'm also keeping the current build and rather not have the same case twice.

Other urls found in this thread:

bequiet.com/en/case/699
phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html
silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RVZ02
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use its non gaymer newer brother, the FT05

What is gamer about the one in op?

It's not XXL GAYMER OG GTX, but still a bit too much for my liking.

The one I have has dark grey strips. Nothing gaymer about it. The stuff on the front are removable bay covers.

What's a good minimal white case with decent airflow.?

Carbide 100R, best fucking case for under $70 CAD. Decent cable management space, support for 5.25", decent fan mounting, and it doesn't like like a pile of shit.

Looks basic as fuck and probably mediocre air flow

I have an R5, I like it.

>basic as fuck
>not liking minimalist design
It has actually decent airflow, two 140s in the front two 120s at the top, and a 120 at the back, though unless you take out the hard drive cage, the second fan in the front is kind of pointless.

>im only a fan of gud design :DDDD xDD

Minimalism is a hipster meme and excuse for sub-par stuff. Your case does NOT have to look busy to have superior air flow to that one.

Also I don't like the fan placement on that one. The one in op is superior in every way in terms of cooling and air flow.

I had that case, it was pretty solid but I didn't notice any better air cooling than in a traditional case despite the theoretically natural airflow. I remember the front USB had regular USB A connectors, I hated that because it took up 2 of the mobo sockets without using the on-board USB3 connector which was made for that purpose.

Gay strawman. You now posted an uglier case with still bad airflow.

Did you do anything to compare with something else using the same components? "I didn't notice" doesn't say much.

Got an S340 Elite after having an Antec 900 for the past 7 years. Things a fucking dream. Just wish I could cram fractal's D1 connect into it. sucks they're only for the R6 line exclusively, would have been a neat little case accessory.

Dark Base 700 and 900 let you invert the motherboard tray. Also exceptional build quality.

Really like this one. Great airflow, clear side panel looks good and makes for easy access to internals.

Invert?

I like it but it looks flimsy.

Not at all, feels solid.

flip the board tray upside and you access it from other side.

you said it yourself, minimalist design was for "hipsters". Or ya know, someone who likes clean design, nothing to do with hipsters. If anything, pic related is what hipsters would like.

Oh but that doesn't do anything for airflow. What I mean in op is 90 degrees rotated, counter clockwise. That way heat is instantly out of the case.

I don't like basic looking garbage that you posted. I also don't like busy looking garbage that you posted.

I think gamersnexus found that the inverted layout gives you better CPU temps vs the standard layout due to the CPU being more in the line of airflow. If you're liquid cooling then it doesn't really matter.

Then what do you like? The 100R is no where near as "basic" as a lot of other cases. The Aegis looks like shit, I know, I posted that asking if that's what you liked instead of basic. The S340 is a lot more "basic".

No user, I compared my own system in different cases. It was a few years ago, I was still running 290X CF and they were hot as fuck, Sapphire Tri-X models. I upgraded from RV03 to a NZXT Switch because it had more room and I could mount the CPU radiator inside and the GPU temperatures were pretty much identical. The main card still hit like 85-90C depending on ambient temp and OC at 100% real game load. I think it didn't work particularly well for me because all the graphics cards I had in my RV03 were the kinds which dump heat in the case, not out the back (they weren't blowers) yet the case itself had a single exhaust fan on top and one on the back, which was far away from the hotspot. It just couldn't effectively exhaust like 600W worth of heat from the cards alone and in-case temp went up and up and it didn't perform any better than a normal case.

I don't seem to have a pic of 290X CF in the case, these cards are the 2 7970s I had before upgrading to 290Xs, but the rest of the system was the same.

HAF XB Evo.

Aesthetically it's dated as fuck. But it's easy to mod, tons of space, and has enough room for everything you could ever want.

Yeah I guess you're right, I don't use a blower type GPU either in mine, but I like the bottom fans and it has decent space for my huge noctua CPU cooler. But yeah the case does lack in exhaust fan a bit.

Is there a review site that has a chart of different cases and their temps?

I honestly almost entirely care about keeping internals cool than the look of the case.

FT02 has been the best case in existence for the pat 10 years, I have yet to find anything else that comes close to it in design, ease of use, sound dampening, and quality.

This looks like shit.

>3 intake fans
>2 exhaust fans
>no top exhaust
>fucking everything is mesh

Its gonna have negative air pressure, and dust is gonna get sucked in through every single mesh hole, and this will will be impossible to clean.

also look at those fucking massive fan grates at the bottom. what is this? 1998?

also shit render

silentpcreview. They only tested a few cases though.

Also temps are a meme. Temps to noise ratio is what counts.

>3 intake fans
>2 exhaust fans
>negative air pressure

my bad.

>that HDD spacing
hot cum

Based silverstone

FUUUUUUUCKKKK

I want the FT05 but it doesn't support E-ATX

Any two-chamber case for watercooling that lets you keep HDDs in a separate sound dampened chamber while leaving leaving enough of room for radiators?

All the two-chamber cubes I can find seem to be more about aesthetics than functionality. Fans 5cm from the glass. Fucking idiots.

I don't know why I like it, but I do. I believe the very first original version was around when people were still talking about using 2 WD Velociraptor drives in RAID 0 for gaming performance. You know, the 10k RPM, ran hot as fuck drives?

I like it. I know it has some gamer aesthetic, but it works for me. Wish I could still get my hands on the non-windowed side panel though.

Something custom built from CaseLabs. Pic related. CaseLabs Mercury S8. Up to 8 (or 10?) Drives underneath and the roof of the case can handle 2x480mm radiators. Or even 520mm I think as well.

Like $400 for a CaseLabs case though. So really make sure you want a dedicated custom loop case.

>Fractal Design Define R6
Anyone have this? Comments?

>54C idle
>12 GB RAM

An insult to what made the R5 great. Stupid PSU cover. Stupid HDD Cover. More plastic than anything. Not worth the money. If a windowed case is your thing to see your 10 tons of RGB LED's, there are better, cheaper options.

Bitfenix Prodigy

top cover looks slightly improved.
Otherwise it's the same outdated shit that all the Define cases are. Prehistoric layout, bad build quality, meme plastic front cover that looks tacky.

I don't care about window. Can you recommend a really good EATX case in terms of build quality and airflow/cooling?

I bought it when I bulit my new rig. I hqted it so much. Its pure shit. I gave it to a friend and bought a new one

The best.

That's kind of what i'm looking for, thanks. Shame about the price.
Hope the HDD noise problem will solve itself in a couple years because SSDs.

Which one?

bequiet.com/en/case/699

Or

phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html

What I got my eyes on before it goes extinct

Why would it go extinct?

Is hardware canucks a shill or good advice?

>Is hardware canucks a shill or good advice?
they're usually uninformed and go for aesthetics over function
They recommended the phanteks evolv ATX but it has poor airflow. I have one and it's very well built but my temps could be better.

The White version is 1/2000 Limited Editions

I like that but not as a proper computer. I'd probably put like a PET or C64 in there or something.

used it for over 6 years, keeps my xeons good and cool

I like this. what is the company?

I went with pic related. I did the mod to get a 3.5" drive in the optical bay slot. I have a problem since the drive is right behind the GPU it gets hot, like 65°c hot. I hope that's not too much for the hard drive. Hopefully SSDs become cheap again by the time it starts to do. As a side not thermal performance for my graphics card is shit. I wonder if a blower style fan is better and will solve both these problems

Too bad its all water cooling.

>Outdated
Have a couple of better suggestions then? That stores at least 4 HDDs?
Curious because I was thinking of getting this case for my next build

I bought one back in November. Got #832.

What case? Also does it do eatx?

I see you fell for the dvd drive meme

No.

Gay-mers nexus is the best for case functionality reviews, although Hardware Canucks is good for getting an idea what it looks like... with a fake plant inside. Blending each channel gives a pretty good idea what each case is like.
Another good channel is OC3D if you don't mind spending an hour watching a review on a single case.
The Evolv range is absolutely stunning, but it's a shame about the reported lack of airflow.
I'd ignore that retard. The R6 brings a lot more to the table than the outgoing R5. The fact larger than standard 9.6" width motherboards are supported and users have the choice of changing the HDD enclosure for an open space is a godsend. Apparently according to that poster a rack of exposed HDDs is more aesthetically pleasing instead of a shroud made of arbitrary material.
How many HDDs and optical drives do you have? I just put my 10.7" EATX board in a Corsair 400C, although the lack of disc drive support and only 2x3.5 and 3x2.5 storage options isn't for everyone. My priority was the smallest case possible though.

No I don't use many drives, but my mojo is gonna be eatx and I want a case that keeps everything cool

If you were after a compact case, I'd definitely recommend the Corsair 400C, or if windows weren't your thing the solid panel and insulated 400Q. Airflow's good and uninhibited, and aircooled temps are on par with my outgoing Cosmos 2.
pic related is a standard ATX, my EATX comes right up to the rubber grommets.

Thanks, noted.

I'm planning on buying this with my Crypto gains. 2k with all the options.

Murderbox is truly the end game case.

what ever you guys do, don't fall for the mini itx meme

Do you even have fans?

can you post a blurrier pic, please? i can still tell it's a PC case

>HAHA ITX IS SHIT
>doesnt post what case he has

>users have the choice of changing the HDD enclosure for an open space is a godsend. Apparently according to that poster a rack of exposed HDDs is more aesthetically pleasing instead of a shroud made of arbitrary material.
Modern cases don't make you choose between having HDDs and having airflow. They also don't bother with 5.25" bays because nobody uses them anymore.
An almost endless choice of better airflow, more space efficiency, better build quality and better exterior designs can all be yours if you don't fall for the Fractal shills.

Even Fractal's own small form factor cases have a million times more thought put into them than the boring midi towers they make

That's literally just a fucking Silverstone TJ11 case. Why are you spending over a grand on one? You can find them on ebay for like 700 or less.

Good airflow is not related to case size. Most big towers just move a lot of air that never gets into contact with the components it's supposed to cool.

>Modern cases don't make you choose between having HDDs and having airflow
they do if you want more than a few drives
>They also don't bother with 5.25" bays because nobody uses them anymore.
they do for media center
>An almost endless choice of better airflow, more space efficiency, better build quality and better exterior designs can all be yours if you don't fall for the Fractal shills.
the Rx series is made to be quiet, not MAXIMUM AIRFLOWAN.

>I'd ignore that retard. The R6 brings a lot more to the table than the outgoing R5.
it brings DIFFERENT things to the table. it's not for everyone, read some reviews from non shit places.
want a silent server or media center with lots of storage? perfect.
got fast internet and download all your games and shit and only have one or two drives? probably not for you

good airflow and low noise are the same.
Blocking airflow for muh noise dampening just makes every single fan inside the system spin faster. It doesn't work. Evidence:

>Modern cases don't make you choose between having HDDs and having airflow.
Niether does the R6. Infact it's been proven whether the HDD rack is installed or not makes no difference to airflow. The main point of being able to remove the HDD rack is to allow more interior room for fit outs such as watercooling. The fact the R5 doesn't give you this choice is a shame, albeit fine if mass data storage is your priority.
Make no mistake, I ain't a Fractal shill, just saying I can see the merit in the R6 over the outgoing, and IMO overrated R5.
Also look at the Phanteks P300. It's damn good value and will fit the 10.7" MoBo too.
I know it's definitely not for me (9.6" MB limit automatically discludes it), I'm speaking of options that may or may not suit others. The R5 definitely has its market, but IMO needlessly limits itself in ways the R6 solves.
On the subject of airflow, I didn't think the Defines Rs were bad anyway.

You still haven't listed any "modern cases" with "non-outdated interiors".

The only case I would consider over the R6 is the Enthoo Pro M. But they're are very different cases, one designed for silence with good airflow, the other, max airflow.
Both have removable or addable HDD trays that don't obstruct airflow.

2 hard drive bays like all these other meme cases.

front i/o ruins it for me

yes. the gpu has a couple fans on it, and the stock cooler. that's it
its this
silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RVZ02
I doubt that since I'm reusing the same hardware from my old NZXT 210, with the exception of the motherboard

There are a lot of clever cubes on the market that fit a modern PC build better than conventional towers. Too many to name.
Silverstone rotated airflow cases are provably the quietest aircooling you can do.
Streacom is now doing completely passive cooling up to a GTX 1050 / RX 550.
If you absolutely want a conventional black tower, then Corsair and BeQuiet have Fractal beat at their own game and have better build quality.
There is always Lian Li if you want understated design.
If you want something that you don't hide away below a desk than you have lots of beautiful designer cases these days. Even boring old Chieftec is making pic related.
The possibilities are endless. Don't make your PC a boring black box that Sup Forums thinks is good because it's the same boring shit they've used for 10 years.

see the 5 black plates? that's more HDD slots

Build quality of Fractal cases is better than Corsair and BeQuiet might be on par with it. BeQuiet is relatively new in the case market but they have caught up pretty fast.

Anything that isn't made by Fractal should be thrown in the garbage. Fractal is god tier when it comes to build quality, usability and features

Eh, there are plenty of other good cases. This is coming from an R4 owner, prob gonna get an R6 but don't be so generalising

>There is always Lian Li if you want understated design.
wut

Have this for my for build (zen1600/gtx1060)
I'm very happy with it, no temp problems and easy to keep clean

it's a custom tj07 and it's made by silverstone themselves.

Do you buy custom attachments or something?