If I download a .PNG with a script and it's saved as a .JPG. Will there be a loss of quality? Manually downloading the...

If I download a .PNG with a script and it's saved as a .JPG. Will there be a loss of quality? Manually downloading the .PNG, it reports the same hash as the .JPG.

What I'm worrying about is the .JPG losing quality overtime.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1SRV6Nv1rFF
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=toosaka_rin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lol

>the current state of Sup Forums

identify pic.jpg

>anime losers
>intelligence

Pick one.

bad attempt at trolling; google it

no blue fiber bread, the extension is just a part of filename but nothing else

I can't see anything wrong with OP's question.

Unless I'm missing something?

See . You could literally rename a PNG file to something like OPIsAFaggot.exe and it would still be a PNG that you can open with an image viewer. The file name has no effect on the file format whatsoever, it's just that - a name. The extension is just a part of the name that's used by operating systems for file association and such. Some programs may try interpret such pictures as JPEGs instead but that's due to the fact that they would be made by the same drooling retards as OP.

>8 Posts
>7 IP's
Lurk moar, OP

Just research velocirotational density.

To add to my previous reply. On an sdd you won't have quality loss over time as velocirotational density is only present in spinning disk drives (hdds).

>Does changing the file name effect the quality of an image?
the answer is no, renaming a file doesn't change its contents in anyway. now please leave and never come back

your ssd is constantly spinning along with other stuff, google earth's rotation

> tfw dialup didn't have this problem
cryptominers ruin everything

The world is flat you CIANIGGER
This

>will there be a loss of quality
not initially, but jpg is more susceptible to rotational velocidensity. Ultimately, it would be best to convert it to a non-compressed format like TIF for long-term storage.

Who's that girl, OP?

Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Thanks

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

asking a question about the properties of a image is not tech support you fucking mouthbreathing redditor

Your question is really fucking stupid and it's clear that you are the redditor because you have never seen the sticky nor SQT.

99% of people who lurk g would know that a file extension is nothing more than a filename. If the hash is the same it's a png encoded file.

Don't tell me you fell for the rotational velocidensity meme as well.

>file extensions don't matter
>rotational velocidensity is a meme
gtfo underage

I love rin!

>file extensions don't matter
They only matter for defective operating systems that use the file extension to determine file type.

I love you too.

But that isn't true if you are using Windows, right? Or does windows do the same?

windows will try to run it as a program. if you drag it into a competent image viewer it will display a image, as the file is the same.

and

You don't have to compress jpgs, they can be as loseless as pngs.

He lied

>losing quality over time
holy fucking shit the absolute state of weebfags

So what's that girl?

post your favorite song, if i like it, i'll give you the full image + girl's name

There's no full picture, but the song I'm listening to right now is that one: vocaroo.com/i/s1SRV6Nv1rFF

Hope you like it.

I don't have the full image but the girl in the pic is tohsaka rin.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=toosaka_rin

how do you know the IP counts?

you need Sup Forums pass