What will you do when windows 7 stop being supported?

what will you do when windows 7 stop being supported?

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-run-old-programs-on-windows-10-1300470
makeuseof.com/tag/make-old-games-software-run-windows-10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

continue using windows 10 as always

I would move to hackintosh.

continue using debian

continue using for 2 more years. Maybe more - it's just a gaymen install anyway

Install Arch.

Almost the same as .
Windows 10 for browsing the internet.
Windows 7 only for playing games.

Nothing since I am on GNU/Linux as I am not a retard.

continue using debian like now

why do you have such autistic setup

I'll pray that MS eventually releases an OS geared towards advanced users

continue using my systemd-less linux system, as always

Switch to Windows 8.1 and eventually Windows 10 LTSB.

I want to use linux but I feel I'd miss a ton of the smaller windows applications and older unsupported games

reminder that 99% of people call computer programs "apps"

Then i am a 1% person.
For me, Apps are for smartphones or tablets.
Programs are what i use/install on computers. no matter what OS.
But sure, most people today got it screwed entirely

>Windows 10 for browsing the internet
Holy shit nu/g/ everyone

given how programmer-friendly certain divisions of Microsoft are these days, I'm hopeful

most 1% people call them apps anyways because apparently it's a "buzzword" nowadays.
never happening since everyone is using 10 anyways.

we need windows 10 unattended edition

why does Sup Forums love to ignore 8.1?

because it's shit

Going to make a new PC soon to play games on, WoW mostly. I was looking today on Amazon at W7 Professional, it costs about £15. Should I get it? I hope it's compatible with WoW Classic when that is released.

FPBP

>I don't like the metro screen so the whole thing is shit

W10 has some new security features, W7 doesn't have the retarded shit that slows games down in W10. His setup makes sense to me.

without usable ui the OS is useless.

>and older unsupported games
Pre-2005 games seriously work better on WINE than Windows 10

keep using it.
unsupported doesn't mean unusable.

Actually, applications are strictly GUI programs run in user space, and the term has been around since the 80s.

Calling applications "applications" is perfectly fine. What is retarded is "apps".

I'm already being forced to update to 10 today. There's a few things I want to use that just demand it. I hate this and I want to die.

Linux/Gentoo for work, programming and other real non-normie's stuff.

>Windows 10 for browsing the internet.
>Windows 7 only for playing games.
But why? Does Windows 7 suddenly lose internet browsing capabilities when it stops being supported by Microsoft?

>and eventually Windows 10 LTSB.
Why? What benefits could it possibly have, except for the unprecedented amount of telemetry and data mining capabilities?

>once Micro$oft stops supporting, it's immediately un-usable
keep using it lmao

Torrent it.

well 8.1 won't be supported forever either

Modded 8.1 untill his end of life
then linux

if it uses dx12 you are fucked

the first thing I do after installing drivers in a new install is to disable automatic updates and I've been doing this since 2004, I also stoped using antivirus since 2010, you need to be really stupid to fuck a modern windows installation

Probably start pre-installing Windows 10 in demo mode on systems I've pulled out of eWaste, refurbished, and give away. As near as I can tell Windows 10 doesn't freak out about being unlicensed.
My desktop is already an activated Windows 10.

I just read what that was, haven't heard of it until now. It sounds pretty frightening.
Fortunately on Blizzard's website it says the system requirements for the game are w7/8/10. So I'm quite sure when classic is released in probably 2 - 4 years then it'll most definitely be able to run on w7.

never saw a retard live for 14 years

like what

How is that an argument for using Windows 10? Unsupported doesn't mean unusable. And let's be completely honest here - no one knows which of the supposed updates and patches actually protected the users, as it is a proprietary password operating system.

then why are you not on windows xp?

How is that an argument for using Windows 10? Unsupported doesn't mean unusable. And let's be completely honest here - no one knows which of the supposed updates and patches actually protected the users, as it is a proprietary operating system.

kek

>then why are you not on windows xp?
What sense does that make? XP isn't open source either and it has driver incapabilities with modern hardware.

So will windows 7 and windows 8.1 - no support for newer hardware and no compatible software after a year. That's why no one is using XP, and that's why no one will be using 7 and 8.1 after support ends.

Continue with Loonix since I'm not a gaymer anymore.

>So will windows 7 and windows 8.1 - no support for newer hardware and no compatible software after a year.
How do you know that? We know that Windows 10 of all operating systems had problems with backwards compatibility.
techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-run-old-programs-on-windows-10-1300470
makeuseof.com/tag/make-old-games-software-run-windows-10/

"had" is the keyword. While an OS is new, there are older, still supported alternatives, which are no longer needed after the OS has matured enough.

That's not the question I've asked.

Same thing happened with XP.

How many times are you going to avoid answering what I've actually asked you? How do you know what you've just described will happen to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? Provide a source or stop bumping for no reason.

no game uses DX12 exclusively
they have 11 as a backup

>stop avoiding question
>I don't like your answer to my question
choose one

Alright, the same thing happened with Sandy Hook mass shooting, as it will to every subsequent mass shooting in the US. Do you not enjoy the my answer with all the proof? Tough luck.

Keep using 7 as long as I don't need anything which is 10 only.
It's in a VM anyway.

W7 does have all telemetry and security shit via updates, just without the interface hurrdurrrr

Not if you're still on SP1.

Install linux. Or get a mac. Fuck going to 10.

continue using a os that respects my freedoms.

already switching to Arch for now maybe Gentoo later.

I don't really play PC games anymore.

>installing updates
>for Windows
kek

Proof the OS by using a fuckton of third party security applications and trust that pajeetsoft will patch any core vulnerabilities that pop up like they did with wannacry on XP last year even though that wasn't supported anymore either

If most people stay on win7 after 2020 (which is likely) it will become the de facto new XP (which it already is to a degree ofc) and m$ will basically be forced to plug severe vulnerabilities like wannacry in the future aswell for it

Either way there's not much too worry about, there's enough win7 boards around if you need ""support"" with anything

install gentoo

Where can I download a legit copy of Windows 7? Need to format and no keys.

False

keep using it

Keep using until the very second my computer hardware dies.
t. poorfag

I play vanilla WoW on my machine. You're fine.

Keep supporting it?

You cannot get a legit version of windows 7 any more.

Make my move to Linux final, especially since now DX10 and 11 work in WINE as of 3.0

Until there, wine will probably be quite fucking great.

When does support end?

>2 years left until I'm forced to use Linux

Fuck

Start learning now, to make the move less uncomfortable, if it bothers you that much.

who said you are forced to stop using it? everyone's saying that as soon as support ends it's somehow impossible to use. for fucks sake I'm still running XP on one of my systems, literally nothing wrong with it. Support ended for XP almost 4 years ago. there are people with 95/98/2000 systems still running. What will stop 7 from being usable?

Keep using it as if nothing has happened..?

i'll bite the bullet and buy a second gpu so i can put windows into a vm and pass it through

Good advice for . Installation for one is very simple.

If your motherboard is compatible you can just pass through your dedicated GPU and use the on board for Linux

Maybe I'll move to Apple

You do you, user.

Your replies made less and less sense, figures you'd choose Apple's anything at some point.

sadly i don't have an on board GPU, and it doesn't look like anyone will release a 16 core cpu with a gpu inside anytime soon

No support doesn't mean it stops working, m8.

>implying there won't be some big evil exploit shortly before the support runs out
>implying microsoft won't push a security update that contains a killswitch
>Implying microsoft will not use the killswitch to cripple win 7 with the patch installed
>implying that killswitch is not natively part of the OS
TL;DR: it may actually start working because microshit

ehm yes i meant stop of course

Nothing, just keep right on using it. Reason XP died was due to the 32 bit ram limit of 4GB and lack of GPT drive format support. The 64-bit version was kinda half-assed and didn't really catch on. By the time it did windows 7 was already available. Windows 7 you have no such limitations, hardware supported now is way overkill for even today's needs. That's why MS introduced the forced CPU support limit with Win 7 - they knew that would be only way to "kill" its use. Example - 8 core cpu, is it really gonna push all 8 cores to do Internet/E-mail/ie normal usage? Fuck no, I'm still rolling happy with my Phenom II x4 and that's from 2010. Only shit that I do that even maxes all cores is when I do video encoding work.

Don't install updates and exploits, simple. There'll always be old images.

Businesses and China will keep using. There is still 5% XP market share in 2018.

>95 Replies and not a single mention of Windows Server 2016
Server 2016 is all that's good about windows 10 without the bloat and spyware. Not even Cortana, Edge and the Windows Store. Everything that works on win 10 also works for server 2016 as well, including games and production software.

I've already stopped using Windows so I would give precisely zero shits.

Server has bloat of its own. You can't even reboot it without saying why.