So we're finally here

So we're finally here.
Ive been waiting for this inevitable with both a little joy and a little dread.

A fully illuminated human face plain and unobscured and still, in close view...

that is fully CGI AND indistinguishable from the real.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fV34mT5m0bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didn't they use the footage from the original movie to create her anew?

youtube.com/watch?v=fV34mT5m0bM

i was wrong. damn that's really impressive.

no other thoughts?

Go to /sci/ user. AI might be CS related, but if you want real discussion then you should go over there.

joi a cute

ah yes, I did see that clip
spectacular
the 5s doubly confirm the amazing.
A new era.

You can still see it's a little bit CGI, particularly in eye movement, but I was very impressed as well when I saw the film. I think in the next 5 years we'll see CGI that is indistinguishable from real life.

i didn't know this was CGI, i thought maybe they embedded old unused footage.

I nearly lost my shit in the theatre during this scene.
Fucking gorgeous movie altogether.

you think that only because you know that it is cgi

The lip/mouth movement has a long way to go. This is what took me out of the movie, desu.

Same thing happened with Star Wars, I forget which of the new ones.

And Justice League.

Is that a trap? Looks like an MTF.
Poor Harrison Ford gets the short end of the stick.

Luv is better.

I knew it was CGI the first time I saw the scene watching the movie. The eyes are always telltale signs. But it's very well done.

> pinacle of cgi
> new era
> women is justin bieber with penis haircut

It's worse than that. We're everyone close to being able to accurately synthesize voices in realtime, along with the face of the people speaking, all from relatively small input videos.

the hair is an itty bitty tiny bit weird looking, but damn. If i wasnt looking for it i definitely wouldnt notice.

cannot be unseen

Oh, I thought she was just a poor looking doppleganger. I guess that's something, though.

It's not indistinguishable, especially in motion. Does look pretty good for what it is, but I still don't like the precedent it sets for the future in normiekino.

Honestly, they could have saved at least half of the man hours sunk into that using machine learning. Some of the new models and tools are amazing and scary.

Man did you see the Obama speach video some ML researchers made up not too long ago? I'd link it but don't have it on this computer.

Yes, that's what I was referencing. With some minor improvements that technology will spell the end of video being strong evidence, or if not will open the floodways to who knows how many innocent people being convicted and punished based on fake evidence.

K E K
E
K