Essential Firefox extensions?

Just switched to this piece of shit from botnet, what extensions do you recommend?

from botnet to sjw. good job

Everytime I see someone recommend a browser other than Chrome or FF there's just a train of replies saying how shit it is.

>other than Chrome or FF
yeah right

>Looking Glass
>FF Helper Protection
>Tiempo en colombia en vivo

Congratulations, you are now autistic.

ignore the larping. get ublock origin.

This.
Also https everywhere.

>>Tiempo en colombia en vivo
i thought that was a chrome exclusive

Tree style tab
Use an XUL version of Firefox or a fork.

Ublock or adnauseam. That's it. You don't need anything else.

>Firefox

Thanks to webextensions and the new addons audit system, now Firefox can get all those exciting extensions that were once only on Chrome.

Ublock Origin is enough, no need for shit like adnauseam.

DownThemAll...oh wait...

Decentraleyes, HTTPSEverywhere, ublock origin.

these are the only 2 i use. and twitch5 lol

uBlock and any URL shortener,

Ublock Origin. If you like Vim keybindings then get Vim Vixen as well (best option right now as far as I can tell).

violentmonkey with Sup Forums x

You switched from one botnet to another. Use Brave.

>using brave on desktop
lmao

>goes into a thread about extensions
>shills a browser with barely any extensions
Everything can be disabled in firefox btw as long as you're not using a beta version.

Anything to replace Status-4-ever and roomy bookmarksbar?

tree tabs is mandatory

guess who funds fireshit user?

uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere.

Yomichan if you're a weeb.

uBlock Origin, Cookie Auto Delete, Https everywhere, and NoScript.

Just uBlock Origin and httpseverywhere

Don't get adnauseam

UMatrix, Ublock Origin, Decentraleyes, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, Smart Referer. The combination of these apps is a bit redundant, but this is as good of a combo as you can get for privacy.

As for everyone hating Firefox, there's no real better alternative. Pale Moon is fine but development has been lacking as of late, and these new Brave/Vivaldi meme browsers are no better. Most issues people have with Firefox stems from Mozilla making some politically-minded decisions a few years back but who gives a shit when the code is still open and the browser runs great.

That being said, fuck Pocket and Hello, and fuck this Mr. Robot ad debacle. Those are terrible decisions on their part, but still they don't take away from the browser itself being solid.

I like Firefox, but is Tor better?

Chrome Store Foxified lets you install some Chrome extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store. If you're using Firefox Quantum, you'll find a lot of shit is just missing. 'Sup Forums X' being a good exampel of something not supported by Quantum that works flawlessly via Chrome Store Foxified

uBlock Origin
HTTPS Everywhere
That's it.

this.
but AdNauseam is awesome

And also redundant.

>'Sup Forums X' being a good exampel of something not supported by Quantum that works flawlessly via Chrome Store Foxified
You can easily install ViolentMonkey and get Sup Forums X and StyleChan on FF. That's how I do it.

Huh, didn't know that. Thank you.

Greasemonkey still works fine.

Chrome is shit too, though. The only worthwhile browser is Firefox (Quantum and later only though).

>not using ungoogledchromium

>You switched from one botnet to another.
Got somehing to hide?

firefox ESR is a better alternative to firefox

Fox Replace. I use it to replace dirty words like shit and other vulgarities with empty space. Works like a charm on anything other than Youtube comments, so I got the No Youtube Comments add on for that.

Not if you only want to use SpookyX

>uBO
>NoScript
these are redundant

Yes, of course I do.

Then the answer is simple: Don't use either of the browsers!

Also, Tampermonkey for Userscripts like Sup Forums X.

Tor Browser is just Firefox but the connection goes through the Tor Network. The Tor Network is quite slow so I'd say to install both and use Firefox for normal browsing and Tor Browser if you need to be private or if you need to access a .onion website.

This guy knows what's up.

>UMatrix, Ublock Origin, Decentraleyes, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, Smart Referer. The combination of these apps is a bit redundant, but this is as good of a combo as you can get for privacy.

Sorry for quoting the entire line, but as a regular consumer will I notice a compromise in my browsing experience if I just installed all of these without even reading what they do?

You will with Umatrix if you don't know how to use it, with the rest no.

Oh that's fine then. Thanks for the response. I'll just install everything while heeding your warning, because reading too much about tech gives me grey hairs.

>adnauseam is redundant
please explain

6/10 half those apps overlap and add bloat

All you need is:
-uBlock Origin
-uMatrix
-Cookie AutoDelete
-Decentraleyes
-Smart Https or maybe Https Everywhere if you like bloat

Quality of life extensions:
-Imagus
-Tampermonkey
-Stylus
-Reverse image search

>-Smart Https or maybe Https Everywhere if you like bloat

Not him but do you mean only the latter is bloat in this context?

Yes, but Smart Https breaks web pages sometimes because it is fucking retarded. Https everywhere makes every connection to the website encrypted but "Smart" Https just changes the url.

Cheers. I mean I wouldn't say I like bloat, but an experience I won't have to troubleshoot as a user seems worth the cost of bloat.

I thought Firefox was supposed to get better with time not worse. Shit is slow as fuck and RAM hungry. You would think it would be faster since it barely has any addons.

You will have to baby uMatrix a lot but once you get all your core websites configured it will go smoothly and be worth it in terms of security and de-botneting. Look up a guide, and save stuff you know is safe in the global ruleset to save time and effort in doing it for each individual website.

Its been faster on all devices I've used it on. And you can lower RAM usage because firefox gives you more control unlike chromium browsers.

Tor is for ultimate privacy and not usual browsing. For it to properly protect your identity you need to set their privacy preset to high and block all scripts via NoScript (well, you also should use Tails, but that's a different topic). You break most clearnet sites in the process.
There's also the speed issue like mentioned.

Having more than 1 adblocker is redundant because the blocklists are what matter, and adnauseam is a fork of uBO so it's even more redundant

None anymore, now that firefox has finished its metamorphosis into chrome

Use pale moon or waterfox instead

Brave.

>Imagus

Is there a way I can use this to evade the buffer pages on boorus? So clicking a thumbnail takes me directly to the full image? It is really useful either way, however I'd need to blacklist Sup Forums with it since the catalog fucks me up.

>google
>not the sjw capital of the world