Seriously

How can you live in a country with all this noise?

Here in Norway we don't have this at all, the nature is quiet and nice, with only some birds singing.

Just listen to this nightmare right here!!
youtube.com/watch?v=pShuE09VsjI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHlZFDyf0Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=JbtGYO1zO9E
youtube.com/watch?v=zaMRCqkIpvk
youtube.com/watch?v=vQxPxm4B0UE
youtu.be/mah26og11ms
youtu.be/ZTjdoipD8Yk
youtu.be/n84sZIN4lv8
youtu.be/vSE4ApN8r4E
youtu.be/u6e5T2wd600
youtube.com/watch?v=fQwlv9cKgWU
youtube.com/watch?v=2b-m9iZSz2E
youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw
youtube.com/watch?v=fIXb61S9r4E
youtube.com/watch?v=WeviNCUL-9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're so rare. I love crickets. The cricket's chirping is also a form white noise, which stimulates your brain for relaxation.

The sound is absoutely disgusting. Everytime I go to a southern country, I have to listen to this 24/7.

kek, I have this in my backyard on top of that
youtube.com/watch?v=DHlZFDyf0Mc
magnify them by 100 though,
also this
youtube.com/watch?v=JbtGYO1zO9E
and this
youtube.com/watch?v=zaMRCqkIpvk

>mfw you can hear the frogs in all three fucking videos
fucking kek didn't even realize

Its usually not that loud, especially if you're near an urban area like most people.
It can get pretty bad if you're near a water source though.
And I guess I've just gotten used to them but its just little insects, they're harmless, unless they're mosquitoes or blood flies...

I used to hate the sound of crickets when I was very young but I grew to enjoy the sound
It's relaxing desu

Omg, this is horrible. The frog looks awesome tho, but I would smash it with a hammer for making that noise all the time.

citysound 24/7 here

Crickets are nice but one cricket on its own in the middle of the night is hell.

This one fucker sat a few metres from my window for weeks just piercing my skull with his shitty half assed cricket song.

Hahaha, the owl. That made me laugh. Absolutely ridiculous that you'll have to listen to that.

How come we have no sounds here in Norway? It's weird now that I think about it. I'm of course thankful.

Listening to all that chirping 24/7 must be a nuisance, but it can be very relaxing at night. I live in the middle of the city so I haven't heard a cricket here in years. The streets are kinda noisy at night (the wind and cars passing by), but it gives me a similar sensation of relaxation.

>Crickets are nice but one cricket on its own in the middle of the night is hell.
True.

What about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=vQxPxm4B0UE

Try living with these cunts
youtu.be/mah26og11ms

you get used to it

personally i get a little creeped out if there's no background noise

Do you live near forests? Though, even if you do, almost all of europe's forests are secondary forests meaning they've already been timbered in the past and come back naturally and habitat destruction dramatically drops populations of native nature and leads to extinctions. The only reason the USA has done such a good job maintaining it's nature is the country is fugging gigantic and we've had massively successful conservation and reintroduction programs. BUT the real reason is probably way more relevant than the first thing, biodiversity increases as you get closer to the equator. Norway is probably too far north to be overwhelmed with random screeching fauna.

Harsh environment (mountains can't support a lot of life, the good parts are taken by people) and difficulty of migration, animals would need to cross Sweden, Finland, Russia and then go South, only birds can do it relatively easy, them and reindeer.

I don't like this either, but it's better than the crickets.

Yes my house is basically in front of the tree line. The forests here haven't been cut down, and Norway in general, espesially here in the west and in the north, have old untouched nature. I think you're right about the biodiversity. I feel lucky now that I think of this fact.

>they don't even have crickets
Norwegian "nature" and """wildlife""", everyone.

Can't tell if OP's memeing or not, there are crickets chirping 24/7 during summer where I live. They're not loud enough to bother me though, I actually find their chirping relaxing.

The seagull calls from the sea and the common wood pigeon calls from the woods on the other hand are often loud enough to wake me up at 5-6, really annoying. The common buzzards nests are also just a few hundred meters from my place, so they often circle the nearby mountains screeching during the day, and the tawny owls are loud as fuck most nights.

youtu.be/ZTjdoipD8Yk
youtu.be/n84sZIN4lv8
youtu.be/vSE4ApN8r4E
youtu.be/u6e5T2wd600

That's strange. Where do you live? I'm not memeing. I never heard any crickets whatsoever. I hear birds and the quiet night desu.

I love this sound, I hear it every evening and I can fall asleep with it very well.

Crickets are alright
It's cicadas that are annoying
youtube.com/watch?v=fQwlv9cKgWU

this wtf, theres tons of crickets

We have crickets or cicadas or something in the north. I could swear i heard something like that once.

we have this.
they crying at late summer evening.
youtube.com/watch?v=2b-m9iZSz2E

Agder, there are crickets pretty much everywhere along the coast of Southern-Norway. Especially near the lakes. Some of the great green bush-crickets grow huge, up to 12cm.

and in daytime
youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw

bet you don't have these faggots

Looks like great green bush-crickets to me, the smaller ones like pic related are much more common where I live, but I've seen a few of those as well. Their song is very different from the smaller ones, so they're easy to distinguish. Pretty crazy how big they grow.

Some of us keep these as pets and enjoy their sound. I heard Chinese people also keep crickets and make them fight each other.

We don't have anything here along the west coast at least. And neither up in northern Norway, in my experience. Guess I'm extra lucky then. Not only do I live in Norway, I live in Western Norway where the woods are silent apart from the birds and some squirrels.

it seems that norway needs to be culturally enriched with some cicadas

youtube.com/watch?v=fIXb61S9r4E

sounds like an IDM/Glitch track

youtube.com/watch?v=WeviNCUL-9A

Really? I prefer the cicadas to the crickets. At least if there's only one of each.

Crickets are much louder, and go near the houses. Sometimes I can't hear the TV if there's one just outside the window.

With as many as your video I don't know, though.

I had a poor cicada trapped in my window a few weeks ago. I kept it there for a few hours because I find them soothing. I enjoy these loud insects.