What is the master race of food?

What is the master race of food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun_cuisine#Primary_Favorites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Western society =Best desserts

Eastern=Best Savory food

I wish I was born in Balkans

Is that fucking ice cream over pork? This is american level fatness.

It's probably some kind of sour cream

china has the most variation of flavor

FIGHT ME

Mexican

Either Italy or some other Mediterranean country.

it's cheese

Not many of you can say your food is considered an intangible cultural heritage.

1- Portugal
2- Brazil
3- Everyone Else
4- Nordic Food

I like the nords, but they can't cook for shit with their climate.

looks like someone just vomit on a big pile of shit

the balkans is what happens when turks and greeks shit into the same hole

i love burritos

Mediterranean food is the best food.

Greek food is better
portuguese food is psanish food

Afghan food

>portuguese food is psanish food
It definitely is not.

We have a hybrid Atlantic/Mediterranean cuisine, with spices from Africa, America and Asia to compliment them.

Spain just puts tomato and olive oil on everything.

There's no way it isn't butter.

>He doesn't know the food of the Gods

This is not food Dieter
I like Mediterranenanen food. Spanish, Italish and Greek and all them. Probably Italy.

Final one, I don't want to make this a Portuguese food thread exclusively.

too bad your restaurants suck, what is that shit of only having one course, maybe is a coimbra thing but it pissed me off

I agree, our food is borderline boring, it's so fucking simple and meh. As a student though, I'd wish I could get any traditional dish, instead of pasta with ketchup, or chili con carne with rice 3 days in a row

GRONKÅÅÅÅÅÅL

Fucking hell, I lived in Southern Jutland for 15 years and every fucking new years eve, we got that, didn't know it was German.

You can go to Argentina and find Chinese food, you can go to Australia and find Mexican food, you can go to Japan and find French food, you can go to Canada and find Vietnamese food.

why can't you find Portuguese food outside of Portugal?

Oh yeah because your cuisine is irrelevant.

>tfw cocido season is coming

shit now i really want to eat morro

American and Americanized foods of other places so American-Italian and American-Chinese

Did you go to the older parts of town? Praça Velha and near the University?

They just serve the shittest version of everything there. I ate there once and it sucked. You have to either know the right places or have a Portuguese grandma to cook comfy food for you.

Looks good, but it's more than a 1 dish comparison.

>why can't you find Portuguese food outside of Portugal?
Not a lot of people have the access to the ingredients we do. It's very particular to get access to a lot of our things. If anyone ate as much fish as us, the sea would be empty, for example.

I'm not arguing for relevance, just for taste.

maybe americans eat a lot because their food is so good?? that would make united states master race of food

German food is better than Italian food and therefore the best in the world.

Proof me wrong.

Every balt will agree.

we're breddy high up there I think

It si called kajmak, a dairy product from the Balkans. It has sour and sweet varieties too. Best one i tasted was in the Bascarsija, Sarajevo.

>Did you go to the older parts of town? Praça Velha and near the University?

Can't remember but I was there with a friend that was studying so I suppose he knew where to eat. Dinner time was definitively better.

have you ever had blood sausage? How would you describe the texture?
Is it foamy,creamy or more solid?

pasta

'nother one.

ours

Yeah, you probably didn't stray too far from the centre, where there's not a lot of good restaurants (since the University IS the touristy place). Still, Coimbra isn't knwon for their restaurants or anything. You'd have to go to the outskirts to get the better more traditional restaurants.

Our blood sausage? Like pic related? It has meaty chunks, and tastes sweet-ish, with a lot of seasoning. They are pretty great.

and Germans as well

I didn't know they are popular in Spain as well, I just didn't expect that from Mediterranean cuisine. What's for favorite receipt? Mine is Möhreneintopf (I looked for the receipt in English but couldn't find one)

Do you drink Port? What's your favorite?

American food is god tier especially along the gulf coast.

>herring
>sour cream
>onions
>fresh dill cuttings
E B I N
B
I
N

MAXIMUM/10

tho potatoes are a new world food. i rather have turnip, carrot and onion oven fried with parsley and some nice bay leafs thanks

>Do you drink Port? What's your favorite?
I don't drink wine at all myself. Most people here don't drink THAT much Port. Dão is generally more popular. Douro too.

We also don't drink rosé or green wine, despite having invented both.

HELLO MY NORDIC BROTHER

Y'know I fucking hated living in Alabama when I was there, but now that I've moved I'm already starting to miss the food.

You mean black pudding,cowberry jam, roasted roots and sauerkraut?

looks great, and the things you guys do with seafood is also killer, cheers!

I need a truckload of these beauties all of a sudden. fugg

When I think of American food, my mind always goes to midwestern dishes loaded with salt and sugar, what's a gumbo?

had this tonight, delicious

Brazilian picanha

Looks great, I really like the cuisine of the South

>rosé or green wine, despite having invented both.
True, the only fine Rosé I've had was Portuguese, German Rosé is not that good.
Do you drink spirituous beverages? Can you recommend some?

one of my favorite things to do.

boil a good earthy broth from bones or soup mass. take a chunk of good meat, sear it on all sides, throw in some seasonal veggies, maybe some dried plums etc. and peppers, smear with mustard or really what ever you like. 180C for a period depending on your meat mass and fucken eat like a medieval king!!!

>Mediterranean cuisine

Do you realize we have access to the Atlantic Ocean too?

Its a type of cajun food:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun_cuisine#Primary_Favorites

i really hate how uninspiring nordic food looks.

That pic. what fish is used there? We have variation of the same thing, but use baltic herring

When I have more time I put the meat on 130C and about 4 hours, fantastic.

We also have chicken rice and BLOOD. It's fucking delicious, desu.

>jaquinzinhos
Those are banned, nowadays. It was killing the mackerel populations and so the EU doesn't let us fish them if they are too small (the proper size)

They were god-tier, but now you have these large fish the size of sardines and it's disgusting to call them that.

Sorry mate. Barking at the wrong tree. I don't drink any alcohol. You can look up Bagaço, Aguardente and Jeropiga.

Those are white drinks that a lot of people seem to like. Don't know if they are considered spirits or not. I'm sure it won't be hard to find another Portuguese that can help you better than I can.

MÄMMI

RUISLEIPÄ

SILLI

JA VERIMAKKARA

Fuck looks.

Minu neekeri

Italian imo

hnnnng

>

Peruvian food

>french fries
>noodles
>hot dogs

Delicious.

A gumbo is a Cajun dish, kind of like a thick stew or curry-like thing, consisting primarily of some sort of strongly flavored stock, seafood (specifically shellfish), meat (usually either chicken, sausage, or alligator if you actually get it in the South), and vegetables (primarily the Cajun "holy trinity" of celery, onions, and bell peppers, as well as okra), heavily spiced and slow-cooked, usually with rice.

It's pretty good.

Kinda like hot pot?

foamy-creamy, with a nutty-meaty taste
it's fucking dope, I buy some at least twice a month

>tfw made sketti earlier

somebody continue this

Mun neekeri

this

I guess it is kind of like hot pot, but it's thicker and all prepared and mixed together beforehand.

Are you trying to give me a boner?

Perhaps. I do like some of our food and our takes on the food of others.

Deliciosos patacones
Ecuatorianos

just your regular anchovy, filleted, tossed in corn flour and fried in olive oil.
pic related is very popular in the summer too, pickled ones. Lemon, loads of coarse salt, hot peppers(optional), vinegar, oregano and thyme.

Fuckin' EU, that sucks

I roast veggies all the time then use them for my own stock, might experiment cooking something similar soon, thanks!

God-tier food

Frozen pizza for €2.30, good choice. Perhaps RC cola to wash it down?

our equivalent of anchovies

the college student special

forgot pic

we like to preserve it in oil after it has been smoked. fresh it is also fried with flour and oil or flour egg mix

those things are not frozen though

you can freeze them if you want to

our lecso done with local products, served hot and fresh or preserved for the winter period in jars and served cold

there's great fish like this and some people still eat carp
they taste like mud and are full of bones, for what purpose?

Typical frog. Can't stand the idea that their overrated cuisine isn't the best.

all i need is rice, beans, a piece of meat and some green salad

so brazil obviously

American food is underrated as fuck. Second best in the world.

I'm sure it's delicious, but it looks truly horrible.

And sometimes you won't even filet the little fish you just eat and fry them with bones.

i honestly do not understand that. i've seen some rusky bydlo catch carp from ponds which are just all tiers below messed up. once asked a guy how does he eat this shit tier fish.. he said he lets it sit in milk for a day and the taste of mud and shit comes out, but honestly.. why the fuck bother in the first place.

pic is my favorite food pic i have taken. muh standard breakfast ;DDD