How do I stay safe in Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil?

How do I stay safe in Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil?
I'm used to 0,7 murder rate like in Poland. 4,0 like in Latvia or Ukraine still is okayish. But 62 sounds dangerous as fuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Other urls found in this thread:

insightcrime.org/news-analysis/insight-crime-homicide-round-up-2015-latin-america-caribbean
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_Aires#Climate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraków#Climate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala_City#Climate
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/10259892/Mexican-navy-fights-Polish-hooligans-on-the-beach.html
latinospost.com/articles/25823/20130826/mexican-marines-suffer-racist-attack-polish-beach-video.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AGJiya-UY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn how to give God tier blowjobs

Don't go

I'm not homo

But those are beautiful places

You'll only get shot if you go in the middle of a favela

Why would you have to? It's just a fucking blowjob, it's not like you are going to marry a man.

This is a serious thread

I, as every other Mexican, get beheaded every single day. I only respawn thanks to the blessings of my lord Quetzalcoatl.

It is literally impossible to anyone to not get beheaded here whenever you go to school, work or just around the corner to get your tortillas.

First worlders would never understand.

Then learn how to suck a dick, faggot.

Easy, don't come. Also, that source is outdated, it is 24 here
insightcrime.org/news-analysis/insight-crime-homicide-round-up-2015-latin-america-caribbean

If I didn't want to come, I wouldn't have the dilemma 2bh

I thought Slavs had street smarts

Is that suppose to be a snake eating someone or a native wearing a snake costume?

This

Cities are no different than other cities around the world. For example, my city has 10 million people and the crime rate is about the same as L.A or washington DC in USA. Just avoid being too flashy with your phone or belongings and avoid dark alleys and places where there is not too many people around

I'm not a dumb american yeah. But still coming from a country with murder rate similar to Switzerland it might be quite a shock.
I don't mean to insult you lads.

Thanks m8

Don't act touristy, be aware of your surroundings, don't be afraid of being racist when avoiding suspicious types, don't whip out your phone and stand still in the middle of the street for no good reason, don't walk around in dark places, be respectful but not uptight.

The crime rates are scary but you gotta remember it's mostly just niggers killing other niggers.

It's a hat

Also don't keep valuables in your back pockets, it's harder to pickpocket front pockets.

>Don't act touristy
This means no clubs? Or not to be too naive?

Clubs are fine, probably the safest places actually since there are lots of people.
By touristy I mean bumbling around with no idea where to go.

don't wear short and sandals with white socks on

sombrero*

fugg
socks with sandals is our national outfit for holidays

That too, dress like a local or the generic t-shirt/jeans.

yeah to stay on the safe side use jeans and a non offensive t-shirt. I mean, there are gringos that unironically wear jerseys from local football teams and that might get you in to trouble if you're in the wrong neighborhood

>tropical weather
>jeans
Eww we're not made for that

What?! I thought it was Czech only national speciality.

Not every single part of south America is Tropical. Let's say in Quito or Bogota you'd look like an outsider if you wear shorts as literally nobody uses them. Sao Paulo is temperate as well if I'm not wrong

100% fact, this is my life too

Just checked, yeah your capital lies very high on the mountain and so is relatively "cool" (by tropical standards) with highs of 20°C year-round, yeah that's jeans weather for me too

No, we do it too

And I thought it was a stereotype reserved to us, a typical identifier around places such as Mallorca

.Foreigners tend to think latin america is hot everywhere. I bet Buenos Aires or Santiago are colder than many european cities. Here in Guatemala city we get nice temperatures most of the year.

on an average day the temperature never goes above 20°, it is usually 18° and at night it goes down to 10°. The downside is that we don't get seasons as we are on the equator so the temperature stays the same throughout the year

How do I get Colombian gf?

could i fit in as a local in colombia or brazil?

>I bet Buenos Aires or Santiago are colder than many european cities.
Nope, unless you mean South Italy, Greece and Iberia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_Aires#Climate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraków#Climate

you insult noone but yourself, I thought polacs were hard fuckers, turns out you're just another white pussy

I don't know in Colombia, but in Brazil, yes.

In Slovakia it is considered a Czech national symbol. Through tbqh I wore them like that in my younger years.

Most of it is though, even the highland places are more like eternal spring, so 99.9% of the population of Latin America doesn't have winter (which here means 2°C daily mean in January, and while it's above freezing mostly, we have record low of -18)
Also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala_City#Climate
Not even the hottest places of Portugal or Greece are that hot
Meh that's not a downside, fuck winter (already dreading the thought of having to move dozens of potted plants inside in a few months, plus the barren landscape looks like shit for about 4 months)

I'm sorry we don't have big crime scene. It indeed means we're weaker people.

>Talk to a Colombian girl
>ask her out
>repeat all the times necessary
>???
>profit

>fuck winter (already dreading the thought of having to move dozens of potted plants inside in a few months, plus the barren landscape looks like shit for about 4 months)
Agreed. I wish it was 27C and sunny all day every day

the slavs you're thinking of is east slavs (russians, ukrainians, belarussians) and south slavs (bulgarians, serbs, croats, bosnians)

poles and czech are pretty westernized

Practice not dying by going to Luhanks

>In Venezuela
Hard question, ask a venezuelan
>In Colombia and Brazil
Just don't walk around dangerous places and don't walk too alone at night

Add Slovakia to that tbqh.

>that girl that told me that polacks would beat people that looked muslims was probably lying
I feel betrayed by poland somehow

to what

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/10259892/Mexican-navy-fights-Polish-hooligans-on-the-beach.html

latinospost.com/articles/25823/20130826/mexican-marines-suffer-racist-attack-polish-beach-video.htm

Why do you hate us, Bolan?

To the "westernized Slavs" club because people here are same as in Czechia and Poland.

But I think most "steet smarts" Slavs are Southern ones.

The main reason we perpetuate this meme is muslims don't come here because they're scared. All in all we're nice people but you could be probably mistaken for an arab.
It's considered cool to be racist here recently 2bh

But Pole to Pole crime is really low.

Yeah, luckily it partially skipped here last year, no snow and only around 3 cold days in January with a minimum of -7

Yeah last winter was pretty warm, I think the lowest we had was -18

Well, athens and Lisboa do have hotter climates than in here. My city isnt cold but it isnt too hot either.

People associate brown ppl with muslims and gypsies unfortunately. We are monocultural, xenophobic, low crime societies. People associate Slavs with "nigger like" behavior but West Slavs are more like 1950s-early 1960s American whites.

>West Slavs are more like 1950s-early 1960s American whites
Pretty much.

slovaks are different from czech and poles

In what way?

>slovaks are different from czech and poles

>-18
Wew that's the record low for my place, happened back in 1996/97
But yeah, frost-free winters would be best, closest we came was 2013/14 with -3.8
Hotter maybe in summer, but not on yearly average.
You pretty much have summer 12 months
>record low of +6

>you
>mistaken for an arab
no
anyway, if I didnt look polish and I was walking in the streets with a polish girl, what would happen?
would I get beaten or looks?
the girl I talked to was really Sup Forums, are polish girls like that in general or was she special?

polish girls are degenerate sluts who will fuck anything

seem more eastern than westernized czech or poles

>if I didnt look polish and I was walking in the streets with a polish girl, what would happen?
If you'd look like a negroe you'd probably get stares.

>the girl I talked to was really Sup Forums, are polish girls like that in general or was she special?
Some are, some aren't. I can't really tell but they seem more positive towards foreigners than men. But I guess that's natural for women and they are so in all countries, right?

I dunno we are much like Moravians. Not every CZ resident is a metrosexual from Prague.

Well you are geographically inbetween Czechia and Ukraine (=a part of Russia if we're honest), also ethnically and culturally?

Slovakia is more like inbetween Czechia and Poland culturally.

Nothing Hungarian/Balkan influence there?
I mean even Austrains and to lower extent Bavarians have some slight Balkan influence (in anthroautsim terms: Dinarid)

yeah I suppose, after all we compete against each other for the girls

We have almost zero cultural influence from Ukraine, also, our language is ridiculously close to and intelligible with Czech but NOT with Ukraine. We all watch CZ television, their cultural products etc. We are also closer to Czechia in economy than to Ukraine and there is free CZ/SK movement but for Ukraine we need visa. We are a lot closer to Czechs and I say this as someone who is half ethnically Ukrainian. That being said, East Slovakia has more things in common with Ukraine.

They have some Hungarian influence but Hungarians are close culturally to West Slavs so it's not a big deal

yes

Some Hungarian influence, but as for modern culture not so much. Hungarian language might as well be Aztec to us, so that limits fraternization.

>for Ukraine we need visa
No you don't. EU citizens can enter Ukraine visa free.

This.

going to the safe areas/regions of the country. even in violent cities like Cali, there are more safe hoods/areas like the southern part of the city.

In the eastern part of Colombia where I live, 70% of all municipalities haven't had a single homicide this year.

any Andean/Mexican city in the highlands is colder on average than Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires gets very hot during the summer. Cities like Arequipa, Quito, Bogotá, Mérida (Ven) or Mexico City never get too hot.

Yeah. But still, you can accidentally cross CZ/SK border and the only think you will notice is the sudden absence of ř in our speech.

How can you not act touristy if you look like a stereotypical gringo like I do?

What do you mean?
I don't know about Colombia but in Brazil a blond person for example is not out of place.

Also some Polish influence in Slovak like dovidenia or teraz. But yeah it must feel nice to have a really close bro country like you with Czechia.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AGJiya-UY

should have macheted their heads off

>stereotypical gringo
>gringo

For one, you are not American, so pretty easy.

I have blond hair, blue eyes, wear New Balance shoes and I stuff my polo in my pants

blond people with blue eyes do exist here but of course they speak spanish and act like any other person, so they don't look out of place. Just act confident and if possible learn some basics of spanish

I think people in SA wear NB shoes and wear polos in pants too

>tucked in polo
No m8, you'll look like the stereotypical rich kid. If you go to a lower class neighborhood someone might steal your cellphone and wallet

Thanks lads. I would adopt anyways. I walked around in sports shorts when I was on holidays in Bulgaria

I think that's overreacting, you don't have to look like stereotypical citizen of the country you're visiting. Just don't wear USA flag shirt in favela or USSR shirt in Poland.

buenos aires cold is different from european cold though, i've been in neuquen with -5 degrees and you suffer it less than 0 in buenos aires, humidity is killer, doesn't mother how many clothes you have on you will be fucking cold. It gets freezing cold south of rio negro and just unbearable cold in south santa cruz and tierra del fuego, had -30 one time and on cold months it never goes positive, near the coast you can feel the wind (patagonia is the region with the strongest winds in the world) like it's cutting your skin, and they are consistently

I'm sorry Poland but if you come here you'll have to fit in
pic related

Here it's mostly windy and around +5 in winter, often with a drizzle. This feels really nasty, I'd rather have -15, calm and sunshine

I had Dutch friend who came to Mexico City (center) for a year and he was freezing in winter when we were just at 1°C.

We don't have heating, here, only in the North, where they can reach -10°C.

Yeah, I sometimes have to turn on the heater in June

That songs is nice, but I do not think it really reflects our relationship. Tbqh I think our relationship is better than it was under Czechoslovakia. Lots of old farts presume younger people do not like each other, but I am 23 and have a lot of younger Czech friends. And I never felt like a foreigner in CZ or they as foreigners in here.

Btw colloqual Czech also has something similiar, Na viděnou as opposed to correct Na shledanou.