Is it true that brazil has many different cultures instead of just one?

is it true that brazil has many different cultures instead of just one?

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialetos_da_língua_portuguesa
whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/#/flagratio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is a continuum.

Ethnicities, yes.
Cultures, not really. We're USA tier at best.

No

who's asking

Nop we are all HUHEUHAEUHAEUHAEUAEHUEAU

No, the regional cultures are all part of the bigger Brazilian culture. They're not that different in the big picture.

Sorta like America.

No. We are all monkeys wielding assault rifles while dancing samba.

Brazil was a forced meme.
Saying it should be a country is like saying europe should be a single country.
There are far many different cultures, landscapes and peoples in this territory. The only thing we have in common is the language and being former portuguese colonies.

In the south there are grasslands and Germans, in the southeast there are Japanese and North Italians who follow a British line of culture, as well as some portuguese who follow Arcadia. In the north there is the jungle and native Amazon warrior tribes, in the east there are countless niggers and African culture and in the north northeast there are all the pardos and drylands. It is only in the center that you'll see what you acknolwedge as being the Brazilian culture and the Brazil you see on TVs.

There have been dozens of separatist wars in the past, dozens. They all would be ultimately crushed by the federal government, except that of Uruguay. This country should be disbanded for the greater good.

Autism.

Btw, you should've posted your original post m8.
>From what I learned in school and read in libraries, and my knowledge in general, the south of brazil has a much more muh european heritage ideology. it was because of trade of course but mostly because their culture. most of them are germans, they have their own clothing, even the landscapes are different (meadows and grasslands instead of brazilian jungles).
Other forms of separatism also occur elsewhere. In São Paulo, most of the population is japanese and north italian. they have much more of a british like culture (coffee as tea, railways, modern and developed cities, etc) as opposed to the samba and race mixing of the rest of the country.
>other forms of separatism involve the brazilian equivalent of black lives matter (brown) and the northeasterners who believe they are midwest cowboys.
Nice b8 tho.

epic

nope, culturally it is an homogenous place, ethnically too, there's not a single muslim, jew, buddhist, pure african here, everyone is christian, everyone eats rice and beans everyday and so on

The only diversity here is the racial one, you can find black and blond people anywhere

No, you are just a Globo drone that never left your favela.
Basically every state has its own culture, dialect and customs. It's getting watered down thanks to globalism but it's still there.

>it's the ancap retard
Fuck off

Compared to an European country it is very culturally homogenous. We're just like the US in that regard, with many people both here and there claiming they are so culturally diverse nd blah blah blah while that's not really true.
>Globo drone
lmao it's been literal years since I last watched Globo for at least 5 straight minutes.

what about the natives in the amazonas, theres thousands of different cultures

>every state
that's pushing too far, there are big regions and don't match the states perfectly

USA is also not homogenous
there's lot more to culture than just speaking different language

>there is as much difference in culture between an American States as between European countries

Yes, but there are 200 million Brazilians and something like 1 million indians here. And half of those aren't even real indians, so I'd say we're pretty homogeneous.

Of course there are regional differences, but that happens everywhere.

Funny, if you ask anyone from São Paulo or the South if they want separatism, they will answer yes and they will also say that the difference between them and the rest of the country is enormous.

But if you ask someone from a shithole like Rio or Brasilia, they'll say that's all lies and the country is a completely homogenous mass of land.

>if you ask anyone from São Paulo or the South

You mean only autists who post on anime imageboards or real people too?

What makes Brazil so appealing in Japan? You're literally our second largest immigration group, behind the Portuguese and followed by Italians.

I just don't want to have your blood on my hands again.
t. carioca
You are here forever carcamano, you were allowed to stay, having your own country was never a possibility.

It's obviously not as diverse as Europe but it's still far more diverse than USA.

I'm from the South and I don't want separautism, fuck off retard.

I'd say it's on the same level desu.

USA states are nothing but copypaste city after copypaste city with the exact same chains, their accents have very little differences.

Yes. The original differences were a bit larger than Ainu vs. main island vs. Ryukyu... and immigration increased them.

But is right about being a continuum - heck, the whole Latin America is one.

>own dialect
Do you even know what dialect means? It's accent you fucking retard
>own culture
Every state? kek, not every state, middle west, minas gerais and tocantins for example have the exact same culture and customs, the northeast is the same shit everyplace, there's not even people in the north to begin with

it is USA tier like the user said, culture diverse between big regions not states

>Cultures, not really. We're USA tier at best.
No... the differences are larger, since the original English settlements of USA (East Coast minus Florida) were all close, and the original Portuguese settlements were really apart (Recife, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro and São Vicente/São Paulo).

No, I'm talking about dialects.
Will I have to post dictionary definitions for your ignorant ass now?

>dialects
>saying trem instead of coisa is like making another dialect
kek

I'm not gonna dig deep into the matter OP has flagged but I can help to look at this thread and feel how funny it is that we always show up en masse whenever the slightest attention is given to our country.
Someone, somewhere is writing a dissertation about our population's little quirks, traits and flaws

>Every state? kek, not every state, middle west, minas gerais and tocantins for example have the exact same culture and customs, the northeast is the same shit everyplace
I am not Mineiro or Nordestino, but this is bull fucking shit.
Maranhão for example is closer to Pará than Northeast proper; most Bahia is more related to Rio de Janeiro and central Minas Gerais than to Northeast; and Minas Gerais alone is a clusterfuck, you have four different dialects from two different branches (Caipira in the South and Triângulo, Baiano in the North, Fluminense in the East and Mineiro proper in the middle).

>there's not even people in the north to begin with
There are more people in the North than in Portugal. Nuff' said.

>be mineiro
>go to rio de janeiro
>say "a gente"
>they laugh at us

>brazil is literally 1 (one) culture only

>paraguay

Go back to smuggling shit from Taiwan.

yeah brs are attention whores what's new about that?

This happens with any country senpai, make a non-troll thread about USA for example and it will be flooded with burgers.
Brazil has lots of Sup Forums users too.

I usually don't join those threads... but I do like talking about cultural differences in general.

>things that never happened
People were probably laughing at your accent, that's all.

No. Culture =/= ethnicity.

of course usa has the most users here

A simple Google search could have saved you the embarrassment.
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialetos_da_língua_portuguesa

>le wikimeme is the truth of this world
>literally every """dialect""" there is just a couple of different words and no different grammar or rules

If you ever left your favela you would know just how different the dialects are.
Meet anyone who isn't a tourism guide and accent and lexical differences will probably the focus of the conversation.

now pls stop posting

Nothing new, but It just specially strikes in this thread given the small amount of total posters / Brazilian posters ratio

I don't know if non-moot has ever posted the statistics about the userbase but I'd guess we probably have the most posters after the Americans.

>lexical differences
yeah, like I said, trem instead of coisa kek
having a handful of different words and accent doesn't make it a different "dialect"

but keep telling yourself what you want lol just don't lie to people on Sup Forums

whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/#/flagratio

Brazil is 11th, if you remove the countries in other timezones then it's 3rd.

Cool.

Maybe it's a good idea to start using Tor after all.

>No. Culture =/= ethnicity.
_Both_ vary. Outsiders rarely realize that for the same reason some dumb fucks think people will use cowboy hats in Maine, you know.

What are you trying to imply? I want to make sure you understood. You are here forever and if you try anything we will kill you all once more.

Is this the time when we start speaking portuguese? There's only brazilians here anyways, like always
The truth is no one really care about us.

Northeasterners sometimes mention the differences, and there was a Nordestix momentum. And a friend of mine (from Fortaleza) often mentions how Curitiba feels like another country.

yes. except for the language

me too tbf

>yes. except for the language
Come on now.

I think it's hard to compare Old World vs. New World in this regard. Even before the immigration waves did an unholy mess on the continent, there were already cultural differences from substrate cultures (Amerindians, Blacks), environmental differences and "cultural drift".

Cultural drift only occurs between very long distances. Take for example the S. Brazilian Gaúcho, the C. Brazilian sertanejo, the N. Brazilian cangaceiro, the Mexican vaquero and the American cowboy. All derived from the very same culture that eventually developed into completely different cultures.

>Cultural drift only occurs between very long distances.
Kinda... it has more to do with lack of contact than distances proper. Your example have them over long distances due to the semi-nomadic nature of the original Iberian livestock herder, I mean, the guys spent days travelling on horses.

Cangaceiros are the thieves, a more suitable comparison is the Northeastern vaqueiros

is it true all Japs are all perverts and have tiny dicks?