Is Greece's greatest effect on the world the fact that every country in the world feels obligated to make their...

Is Greece's greatest effect on the world the fact that every country in the world feels obligated to make their government buildings look like the fucking Parthenon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_q1FvCRtYXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im greek

wish we had more buildings like this, maybe athens would look less like a concrete jungle

oh well, atleast our universities are class

The dome is roman, no? And the face of the building proper looks vaguely Victorian.

the Medicis would be proud

>every country in the world

Not quite

no. greek philosophy.

i am greek.

Although... the Bank of England is clearly inspired by that style. Not government but still.

wew

Blind arcades are the WORST.

>neo-classical architecture
>"vaguely Victorian"

Also
>America
>Victorian
Talk about separation anxiety!

Pictures from China, dummy.

British Museum too.

I know the picture isn't American, but the U.S. Capitol building is identical to that one.

Wew, lads, all of those looks like SHIT.
Get some fucking taste when building things.

Fuck off Arab.

I'm just telling you people how it is.
I cannot even think of a single building in Australia that's even remotely as beautiful as the ones I've posted.

That Australia's reputation has been tarnished, and her prospects limited, by modernist monstrosities, has nothing to do with the fact that you are a dirty Arab.

That makes sense in Europe and euro colonies because the greco-roman world it's our model for everything, but in China looks like some theme park.

>euro colonies
here we go again

It doesnt make sense in new world either

Did you know that all the countries in the Americas are ex colonies?
what would make sense then, pyramids, asian culture stuff?

looks shit those turrets are disgusting

Its same as if Germans built fucking chinese houses. Just doesnt make sense

>tfw there will be no American Empire ruins because 90% of our buildings are made out of cardboard

It's not fair

Are you expecting anything different than European style buildings in European colonies? The only civilized natives with architecture were the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs, the others were stone age tier. It's not like england colonizing India, it was more like in Australia

I like it m8.

Austria

Germany

This looks beautiful.

I think that you can find them only in Bavaria.

nah, fuck gr**ce

fuck you filthy gypsy
i would nuke that shit when i could

I was just kidding, I love Greece

but i am not

city tiers
God tier
Madrid
>>>>>
>>>>>
all other cities.

Madrid is the only non barbarian city in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=_q1FvCRtYXs

i dont like those spicshit buildings

BAR

>he wants to call me barbarian

BAR!

I am a Greek not a filthy germ.

Greece had much more influence on the world due to one hundred other things than the shape of a building...

Ancient Greece, Rome and the Catholic Church are three pillars of modern Europe. Like it or not, every law student is tought this.

this is still the best thing that greece gave to the human race

Fuck off you pale ugly inbred fuckwit

neat

why is this gaudy, cold architectural style still alive after thousands of year? there is beauty in simplicity.

The whole point to neo-classic architecture is to stress ties to Classic (Greco-Roman) culture. The design is popular for buildings housing a congress because ultimately the senate is a Roman institution. Obviously it's cultures with ties to Europe (which ironically isn't all that much for Republicanism) who will pursue this.

Pictured my country's old lower chamber, the current one is not Neo-Classic as once it was decided larger facilities were required the opulent image of Neo-Classic clashed with nominally austere republicanism and a distinct nationalist architectural style had dveloped that seemed more appropiate.

>Is Greece's greatest effect on the world the fact that every country in the world feels obligated to make their government buildings look like the fucking Parthenon?
'no'

I don't believe the Parthenon ever had FUCKING GRASS ON THE ROOF.

Although we did get the shitty columns lol.

Good post

Russian Parliament. On the one hand I kinda like it but on the other hand somehting is off about it

?

Oldest house of parliament in the world coming through

Neo-classical shits get out

Ours doesn't, though we still built some other important buildings in neoclassical style

Such as the university buildings

Or the royal palace

W-Well, this is still neoclassical, though with a baroque twist to it.

I don't think neoclassicism has a monopoly on pillars. The Swedish parliament building is in baroque style.

True, but classicism and pillars go hand in hand, and that's officially what it's listed as