Why does Sup Forums hate China?

China has a rich culture and history, it is so magnificent.

There are so many things about China to be liked. Why hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPr-7W5zDJ0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_(1949–76)
hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_Era
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_in_the_South_China_Sea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>MUH 5000 YEARS OLD CULTURE AND HISTORY

Commies cleansed them of all their culture. Now they're all just automatons mindlessly seeking currency.

seems ridiculous to me

What you think if Argentine is invading Brazil now

Because most are burgers who are threatened by China's rise.

>muh Islam

Wow it's almost like 50 years have passed since then and culture has returned?

What about Vietnam, Philippines, and Malaysia's claims?

They all demand each other's territory as well. Seems a bit ridiculous when they are all supposed to be part of ASEAN.

Are you implying China is invading someone?

>indonesia is WHIIITE

China is CUTE, CUTE!
But that flag is triggering, we Gommunist now, just with some "Chinese characteristics".

>so many things about China to be liked
name three, bruce lee.

>Seems a bit ridiculous when they are all supposed to be part of ASEAN.
wut, that's not how ASEAN works
individual members still keep their own sovereignty like EU members, which ensures their own EEZ

Taiwanese women, Taiwanese street food, Taiwan

True china really is a nice place
Too bad the false commie government has poluted the land, and brainwashed it's people.

>China has a rich culture and history, it is so magnificent.
Too bad their "rich" culture and history isn't taught in schools, and will soon be forgotten

>There are so many things about China to be liked. Why hate it?
Literally what? The small amount of "culture" than China had left after it was all blended into homogeneous grey goo by Mao is in Tibet, which can hardly even be considered China. I didn't want to go further into this, but the Chinese people are just about the shittiest and most rude people that I have ever met, even to eachother.

>"taiwan"
only if the only other choice is the mainland
kek

They also enjoy a large amount of personal freedoms that we don't have in the west

>not taught in schools
Where the fuck do you hear that, lol.

Also:
>China before the commies
>war-torn, poor and starving
>China with the commies
>no longer war-torn, less poor and starving
>China now
>second largest economy, life expectancy doubled
B-b-but commies are evil!!!!!!

hello again, comrade ping of the people's cultural realignment bureau, your check of 300 RMB is on its way!

still as powerful and government loving as usual, m8. was wondering when are you going to show up?

If mainland Chinese still have a culture, then why are they considered some of the meanest, most boorish people you can meet?

Where I live there's only two types of foreigners, Americans and Chinese. Literally everyone hates working with the latter.

I'm sorry but commies ruined what little dignity China had left.

I don't hate Taiwan in the slightest.
I DO despise the chinese communist party, though.

>Communist China
>>>>>>>More freedoms than the West
Are you joking? Can you name literally even one?

China with the commies had far more famine and starvation.

Okay?

But Vietnam and the Philippines have fought wars over their OVERLAPPING claims. Same for Malaysia and the Philippines.

You seem to be under the impression that only the Chinese are being assholes in the region.

They're probably an assblasted communist fantard.

The only "liberties" I can think of is either of how shameless Chinese can be, or how there's little to no laws regulating how much companies can fuck up the environment.

Not arguments

Nigga what are you smoking?

China is far better today than it ever was. Furthermore, there were massive famines in the 1900-1949 period. Literally 130 million Chinese died violently/or of starvation in that period.

Important: the Chinese are acting on it enough to be a problem in the region.

It's bait dumbfuck.

>how shameless
What? Shaming is a huge part of East Asian culture. China is autistic like Japan and Korea about it.

>little or now laws regulating the environment
They have extensive laws and regulations. Furthermore, China's enviroment has been improving every year since 2010.

Every industrializing country goes through this cycle of pollution.
In 1957, nearly 40,000 Londoners died in the Great Smog.
Comparatively, China has actually done better. Which is to be expected with new technology of course.

India is actually the worst place for pollution.

>Not arguments
citation needed.

It ain't the commies that have caused the sudden massive spike in the Chinese middle class and quality of life (a middle class is antithetical to the very communist ideology), it's the capitalists they had to let in to not suck.

The Vietnamese and Flips literally went to war over it not even 20 years ago.

The only reason it is an international issue, is because when China brings the best hand to the table, people start complaining about it being unfair.
China is doing the exact same thing Vietnam/Malaysia/Philippines have done since the 50's.

If it's bait, does this mean that you actively recognize the lack of freedoms people in thr PRC have? Are you OK with it?

Personal freedoms mainly in how many things just aren't regulated or enforced, like traffic, food, economic, zoning restrictions, or public urination and stuff.

Also, China hasn't been communist for over 30 years

youtube.com/watch?v=bPr-7W5zDJ0

Sure Vietnam and the Phillipines went to war ofer it, but China is muscling in on the sea space of e-ve-ry single country near them, and Vietnam and the Philippines aren't at war. "THEY DID IT TOO" doesn't make it good.

Just because India's doing worse, doesn't mean China isn't polluted as all fuck. What about earth and water pollution? Both countries have it bad with those, comrade.

t. zhang zhe le

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_(1949–76)

I agree that Deng saved China.
But, capitalism in China didn't appear until 1978.
China, somehow, got better between 1949 and 1976 though.

Proofs on the 130 million number, even if it was true it wasn't the result of direct KMT policy like it was under Mao. The commies literally just went JUST with the country for a good thirty years, killing tens of millions in unnecessary famine and violence. After that they basically just copied the development plans of Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They were never original or clever, any idiot could have done it, yet the commies pretend they were a godsend.

because the country is too stupid. it only does whatever it wants.

Where did I imply I was okay with it?

Either way, 99% of the freedoms you enjoy in America you can enjoy in China. It just depends on if you like voting or censorship.

Every? Flips and Viets are the only ones in territorial dispute with China.

You seem to be missing the point.

China's pollution is perfectly understandable for a country that is industrializing. No one can become rich without pollution.

Actually, it's Alec.

What are you even considering personal freedoms?

Mainlanders can do pretty much anything they want, I know you've never lived in China but you can't drink in public any time of day or make however much noise you want or sell fruit in the middle of a highway in the USA.

hey, I am not here to argue with you how great is CCP or not. but you and that HK poster are always appearing in China related threads and defending (or set the record straight, whatever, I don't give a shit) CCP. It's quite amusing though.

You may well be right in the other categories, but the Chinese government has a LOT of control over land and the economy there -- there may not be many ironclad restrictions, but arbitrary (as in that not governed by laws) action in the name of planning is even worse. China is still trying to pull Five Year Plans.

That's just your Western name, comrade.

The Chinese claims are retarded because they conflict with everyone's clains and are ridiculously far away from the Chinese coast, while those of other countries only slightly overlap.

I'd like to add that not everything about freedom is good, it can be pretty annoying at times when other people are "enjoying them", but China has more of it than USA does.

And before anyone tries to act like the great firewall means anything, everyone in China knows how to use a VPN if they want to, and there are tons of domestic services that are better than foreign ones, it's not like China's use of different services is any more homogenous than the west's, everyone in USA is using google/youtube/iphone.

>people in the 1950's didn't know or have the means to counter pollution as they do now

Who would have thunk

>can't drink in public any time of day or make however much noise you want or sell fruit in the middle of a highway in the USA.
Are those supposed to be good things? we have some shithead vendors on the streets without permission as well, and I detest them.

>Proofs on the 130 million number, even if it was true it wasn't the result of direct KMT policy like it was under Mao
hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM

This doesn't include the famines
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_Era
Has some numbers in the multi-millions.

>After that they basically just copied the development plans of Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
Nope. China's system is far far far more state-driven than any of these nation's industrial policies ever were.

Investment in China as a % of GDP was 45% since 1985.
Japan was 25% 1950-1970. Taiwan 20%. SK 30%.

Freedom isn't always good

I honestly detest Maoism.

But there are way too many idiots here that avoid the fact China DID SOMEHOW IMPROVE during Maoist times.

Political freedoms, which are nonexistent there, and civil freedoms like the right of free expression (absolutely brutalized there), right to assembly (also brutalized), and general freedom not to have the government arbitrarily do largely whatever the hell it wants to you. Also economic freedom, which basically amounts to freedom to choose the way they live their life, which is pretty tightly controlled.

Don't forget smoking in restaurants that ""ban"" smoking.

>tfw there's literally an ash tray next to the no smoking signs

Because there are much more things to be hated than to be liked

>far away from the Chinese coast
that barely acceptable. but they insists that because Chinese ancestors had sea line in the sea 5 centuries ago. fucking stupid logic nobody besides retards buys.

>The Chinese claims are retarded because they conflict with everyone's claims
Viets impinge on China's, Taiwan's, Flip's, and Malaysia's territory.
>and are ridiculously far away from the Chinese coast
The Paracel islands are right next to Spratly's and China owns the Paracels.

>while those of other countries only slightly overlap.
lmao wut???
Vietnam and the Flips claim nearly 10,000 sq miles of their own sea.

It's a meme that somehow China's claims are worse.
This issue has been going on since the 1970's. It only became an international issue recently because my country, cleverly, is painting China as the bad guy.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_in_the_South_China_Sea

>>people in the 1950's didn't know or have the means to counter pollution as they do now

Yeah and they also had far far far less pollution in the atmosphere at the time as well.

The Western countries have polluted, with 1/10th China and India's population, nearly 5 times as much since 1970.

There IS economic freedom though, the state owns a lot of assets sure, but you can do whatever you want with your life. Political freedoms, and "free expression", "right to assembly", among other things that really don't effect your life at all, don't really exist, sure, but that's because conformity is encouraged, something I think USA should look up to, instead of being the "everyone is a snowflake" idealist west

Just for the record, while not defending the chinese user under US flag. The mainlanders do have a lot of freedom but you better not to come across the rich and powerful(the red 3-generation, basically Chinese aristocrats). And they really don't care if a few got punished by the authority because of some ambiguous causes, they simply said: they are stupid and mess around with the wrong guys, that's what he/she get for being so ignorant. so yes, in a way Chinese in mainland do enjoy more freedom in certain area and lost some respectively. But you better hope you belong to that social class who can have it all.

>if I claim I'm American while defending Mother China, then I can fool those gweilo!

all of theirs are 100% more valid because of coastlines

this is just functionally retarded and greedy. its no wonder china is hated by pretty much all of its neighbors.

Fuuuuuck that. They absolutely affect my life if I want to actually play even the smallest hand in the place I live, which I do. I intend to be a very politically active person, and just because people take it sitting down and shut up doesn't mean the lack of those rights is anywhere okay. Plus I find conformist ideology to be a crock of bullshit in the first place. There is no collective, because a collective is in fact formed up of individuals, and trying to force them to be the same and sticking one's fingers in one's ears doesn't change that. Plus, China in many ways doesn't really work under the rule of law -- the government isn't limited to obeying its own laws, and the fact that the government can fire you and change your job and economic status and generally many other things at will is exactly what I mean when I say that China doesn't have economic freedom. Pissing in the street is much less important to me than this.

and everybody knows argies are butthurt over that

hey Chink, you really amuse me. JUST RECENTLY HISTORIC RIGHTS YOU CLAIMED IS DENIED.

>butthurt
not just butthurt, they started a war over this. so, maybe we could expect a full scale war in SEA in next decade. Personally I don't see it going to happen in the near future.

Heh

ironically China that never accept the decision of the world looks like Japan back then. lol next move should be to break war out.

>cannot refute argument
Lol

China is proven to have drastically reduced its poverty and maternal/childhood mortality, doubled life expectancy, raised education and incomes etc.

Go complain to Russia and korea that the islands they have are yours lol.

>if I want to actually play even the smallest hand in the place I live, which I do

Why would you care about doing that? Even if your government claims to be democratic, your vote doesn't mean anything anyway. It's more of just a tool to make citizens feel more important than they are. There are pretty much no self sustaining individuals, you rely on other people and other people rely on you, so you should just do your part in society and make a good family, with kids that do their part. The government isn't just going to change your job or economic status for LULZ, they want a good reputation for China as well, if you can provide good economic activity they will let you. The only real freedom Americans have over China is the freedom to act like a retard and be proud of it.

again, I'm not here to argue with anyone since it's fruitless and will never mount to something meaningful. But I do want to know, don't you need to work at this time of the day? I seem to recall you have a pretty regular office job.

we almost get back some of ones Russia has according to press report. and South Korea 100% lose when it takes part in court, we're ready all the time.

hoverboard
DJI
panda

>The only real freedom Americans have over China is the freedom to act like a retard and be proud of it.

Do you honestly expect people to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

>Your vote doesn't mean anything anyway
this is blatantly untrue
You can go "ELECTORAL SYSTEM BWEEEH" but the fact is that the vote plays a large part in the legislative process, obviously, and minority votes aren't obliterated by state. Even then, the majority votes are in fact composed of people voting. That's not even getting into votes in state governments and lower.

Furthermore, I don't give a damn if it's FOR THE LULZ or not. A person should be free to tread his (or her) own path, not the government's vision of greatness, and should not be handled by a government not bound by the rule of law. Just becayse some people don't have their lives dictated by the government doesn't mean that the government of China doesn't do it a lot, such as with the recent industrial workers.

And it seems to me that "acting like a retard and being proud of it" means prioritizing one's life over the government and acting in a way that disagrees with you and the government. That's not actung like a retard, that's exercising basic human liberty.

Of course, I am here assuming that you actually meant something like the electoral system and some actual aspect of the government -- if you want to claim that votes in general mean nothing in the US and political contribution doesn't really exist, I can't stop you. That's the sort of claim one can make with no knowledge of the system or evidence and remain convinced of despite any opposing argument.

It's actually true though, any "political rights" that Americans have bring nothing to anyone's life

What?? It literally doesn't affect your life AT ALL unless you want to act like a retard, it doesn't matter what's on paper. And voting in USA is more or less 2 of the same option (majority and minority are both neocons) so unless you want to literally throw your vote away with a 3rd party, nothing is going to change no matter who wins.

People in China live their lives just like anyone in the west, there's about as much chance of getting attacked by an unconstitutional drone as there is of the Chinese government changing your job, and even if you read some "horror story of freedoms", doesn't mean it happens frequently at all, China has 3x USA's population.

completely out of the subject, are you planning on going back to China after finishing your study? (be a "sea turtle") what kind of jobs do you have in mind if you were indeed returning home?

So basically, the vote and political freedoms don't exist for you because people acting in ways that you disagree with it and successfully using it "are just acting like retards" -- in this case political freedom literally cannot exist, but obviously I don't hew towards what you consider acting like a retard when I consider political freedoms.

I'm also pretty tired of the whole "THEY'RE BOTH THE SAME!!!!" thing because it demonstrates a lack of knowledge about government. Even if we completely ignore the fact that dufferent candidates in the same parties hold radically different views at times, taking even a cursory look reveals that votes in the legislature are partisan the majority of the time -- the parties quarrel on damn near everything, and the only thing they seem to share is a level authoritarianism in many of their members, which they even have in completely different ways.

i hate lgbt rights throw them away

Success breeds jealousy

Rip DC

it just the never ending debate about which one is better: east ideology-collectivism versus west ideology-individualism. the subtext of this whole debate between you two stems from very different upbringings and cultural roots.

Yeah, but I love debating so I'll happily engage. I'm a libertarian and the entire philosophy I adhere to relies on the individual being the core unit of -everything-, so I lean pretty strongly on that axis, haha.

how's it affect you

the average chinese is smarter than the average white and there's 1.3 billion of them.

they don't have it yet but if they acquire japanese tech/innovation culture it can be really threatening. nobody is as threatened by indians or africans in contrast because white people don't subconsciously think they are all smarter than them.

I love animals.

Already one reason not to like China.

>the average chinese is smarter than the average white
please stop with this meme. I'm ethnic Chinese and I don't feel like I'm smarter than anybody. Study or work harder? perhaps, but that's cultural thing. Actually significantly smarter than others to make great contribution to mankind? these are the business belong to the very few selected geniuses.

>japanese tech/innovation culture

No. The Japanese just like the aesthetics of hi-tech, innovation certainly isn't their thing.

Chinese on TI6: 21 (+ DDC from Macau and + iceiceice which was living there)
Russians on TI6: 1 (+ SoNNeikO which lives there)
Americans on TI6: 8

>the average chinese is smarter than the average white
lel wtf, being a white australian who has lived in china, this is definitely not true.

You can really see the legacy of china's lack of education/shit education, which has only really improved in the last 20 to 30 years or so.

We just need to wait

Why does russian pro dota seem to be so shitty?

They have a pretty cheap cost of living + good internet + huge player base, so why aren't there more good pro teams from russia?

ChineseTaipei! Cinese Taipei!

eh i'm vietnamese and have seperate circle of friends among asians/indians/jews and whites. one's more work/school related. there's different wants/needs/ambition differences.

the asians/indians/jews and a handful of whites circle are concerned with way different things, usually relevant things about their job like science/research/finance/getting into companies or elite schools.

my white friends are more easy going and relaxed but are almost never interested in brainier things and just talk about music/movies/entertainment and so-on. its more like they are living in the moment.

kimchi
you better GTFO now

jap universities and companies are still dominating, they are the biggest players in fields like chemistry and chemical engineering as well as physics and so-on.

its small wonder they produce nobel prizes every year this decade. i use to do basic science research and by far the second biggest country in any field after america was japan or germany. guaranteed.

your personal anecdote is almost polar opposite to mine.

My white friends are the only ones properly interested in history/politics/current affairs etc. My ethnic friends (malay/indian/chinese) aren't interested in that stuff and prefer to talk about movies/shows/games etc.

But we have in past. Virtus pro, M5, other. Most of players just rofls in matches, for example Rox.Kis.

yeah its average. there's a tonne of smart white people but you never meet any random blokes who wastes their time drinking and getting high and not doing anything useful.

there's as much whites as there are asians at the top, but there's very few bottom of the barrel ones imo.