LineageOS for microG

Are there any reasons NOT to use microg's shallow fork of LineageOS? Any incompatibilities compared to gapps?

lineage.microg.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

lineage.microg.org/#faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ask on xda!
here we avoid Google.

wow that page reads like it was written by a sperg. Also all play services but doesn't include the most important thing about play services, the fucking store? What a joke...

you can use vanilla microg with xposed sign spoofing

If it support your system then is a better option.

>here we avoid Google.
Isn't that exactly the point of this fork?

I thought xposed stopped working ages ago. And even if you can do that, why would you if this fork does the job for you?

Does microg + alternative app stores still allow you to use paid apps or is that outside of its scope?

>avoid Google
>using a website paid by Google
>solving captcha for Google

>avoid Google
>using Google OS

There are no good alternatives.

This has no support for Lineage OS Cheeseburger build (One plus 5). I really want to try it though. I'm not a fan of gapps inconsistant incompatablity with the most basic features such using google's default dialer.

Librem 5

Some shit like games and cast don't work on microG

I'm using this, it's super comfy.

You mean apps you bought on PlayStore? Yalp store can do that, I think.

>games don't work
Just what garbage are you playing?

>playing games on your phone

Does Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing work at least :(

I haven't needed anything more than yalp so far. So I guess there is a reason, they are just not necessary.

>playing any fire emblem past the DS releases

>He doesn't collect his favorite characters in Fire Emblem Heroes

lol wow sir you are so cool and epic upvoted!

Thanks, I try

What's wrong with Star Wars?

Nanomod. Better ROMs than LOS.

soy wars*
unironically enjoying any of the disney star wars ought to be punishable by death

Crack those games with LP.

>What is Yalp Store?
>What is F-Droid?

paid apps seem to be downloadable.

never tried to buy anything on yalp

This. Star Wars peaked when the prequel came out. No need to make new movies.

I'm so close to having a phone with only foss apps on it. Currently I'm still using nova launcher and klwp since there isn't really anything that matches their function, but openlauncher seems to be under active development so hopefully it can catch up.

micro g lineage is great and I've been using it for several months now.
There are some apps that won't work, but 95% of the apps I've tried have worked fine, and none of the apps that I NEED don't work.

yes you can sign into yalpstore and it will let you download apps you have paid for

ok? Why do you need google services for those?

>Access all the Google services
Why??? I already hate to use recaptcha for shitposting here.

>ok? Why do you need google services for those?
You don't

which goes back to
> Also all play services but doesn't include the most important thing about play services

are you fucking retarded? Yalpstore lets you download anything from the play store without needing google services.
I'm not sure if you're an ESL or just legitimately incompetent, but please leave the board if you can't understand what people are saying.

.. THE ORIGINAL POST WAS ABOUT DROP IN REPLACEMENT FOR GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES DUMB ASS WHICH IS NOT NEEDED.. LEARN TO READ

ok thanks for confirming that you are retarded.
>many apps rely on google services
>micro g allows you to run these apps without actually having google services
>most of these apps can only be downloaded from the play store
>no playstore without google play services
>you can use yalptstore to download apps and use them even if they rely on gapps
What's so hard to understand?

>Are there any reason NOT to use microg
My phone is too old to use Lineage. I'm still on CyanogenMod 10.

Posting from a 2012 model Nexus 7 right now, no LOS fun for us either. XDA literal who AOSP builds are all we get but it's something at least.

There is, it’s called stop making your life more challenging then it needs to be.

Installed it via fdroid on a vanilla lineageOS install today since the fork downloads were extremely slow to download.

With yalp store I don't really see any usability disadvantages

That's not a fork by MicroG. It's an official version of LineageOS that allows to spoof signatures or some shit.
It's a feature required by MicroG to work (so it can spoof Google Services) but it's disabled in the regular build for security reasons. This just makes it easier to install MicroG in Lineage.

Has anybody tried using pure LineageOS? How fucked are you, if you ditch google services completely or any "supplementary google" software, for that matter? How far can you get with fdroid and yalpstore to still be able to do most of the normie stuff with your phone?

Ergo why you use an Android phone instead of some chinkshit running an obscure mobile Linux variant that no one has heard of with absolutely no apps available.

It says right in the OP link that it's a fork, retard.

I opted in to use OpenGapps without even trying pure lineageos. I'm curious of this too.

>I'm avoiding Google guys!
>On Android.

Jesus fuck.

I did, and so far I have yet to encounter a scenario where having jewgle shit is an absolute requirement. Here are my use cases by the way:

1) browse the web
2) browse reddit and the *chan
3) watch videos on youtube (sometimes)
4) read books
5) two factor authentication
6) dictionaries and other apps from the Google store
7) listen to music through Spotify/Deezer or other streaming services

For 1) I use Firefox nightly and Focus, for 2) I use Slide and Clover, plus the video plugin to handle youtube videos

For 3) I use the video plugin from Slide and Newpipe. You also have another alternative: iYTBP, but that requires a modded microG plus root. The latter is easy enough since I have an unlocked bootloader, but I can't get the first to work. It's pretty good if you can make it work though, background playback, no ad, etc.

For 4) Fbreader and its PDF plugin is adequate enough. If you want to integrate with Calibre for example, you can use Calibre Companion (paid app), which you can acquire through Yalp store.

For 5) AndOTP and FreeOTP works fine, though I've heard that AndOTP is better in many aspects.

For 6) I use Yalp Store to get apps from the jewgle store. You can even get the apps that you bought through Yalp if you give it your jewgle credentials, though if you only use free apps that's not necessary.

For 7) You can either use their respective apps through Yalp, or if you want an ad-free alternative, use Dogfood Spotify. Or if you don't mind pirating, go to mobilism.org and get a patched version of Spotify. All the warnings that go with piracy are applied.

LineageOS is a sham project forked from Cyanocuck which was created solely to use the community to create a platform to trick investors.

You are literally being cucked and at the same time using buggy inferior shit.

If you weren't too poor to afford a phone that had updates maybe you wouldn't be wasting so much time fucking around with inferior software.

Its fucking mind boggling.

I’m avoiding hell in hell

i dont see the problem

I literally spent 15 minutes teaching a normie how to flash roms and root his nexus 5 and that was all he needed to get comfortable with it. lineage has a very nice updater that makes it painless for him so he just sticks with it. the phone works splendidly, and you can't beat it at it's current going price.

You just like fucking up your wallet on the latest iThing and that's okay dude but being a homosex isnt for everyone.

I don't believe that someone spent 15 minutes listening to you.

>>using a website paid by Google
for Redditor traffic perhaps
>>solving captcha for Google
>implying I am a poorfag

You can ask Keanu Reeves himself.

because lots of things on the play store depend on google services to function, they wont work without it

Why if we have opengapps?

Gay shit. A lot of soft requires gapps to function, so you have to install them anyway.
You can use their minimalistic and open-source variant though, so you can feel what's it like to live without google books, chrome, hangouts and other shit that you don't use but cannot delete. Feels good man.

because a lot of apps depend on google services and some won't even run without it. You can download apps from the yalp store or whatever shady apk site you want but it won't mean shit if it depends on google services

>a lot
so what crap are you using?
>muh gayms

>It's an official version of LineageOS
It's not, it's patched and built by the microG project since LineageOS refused to add any kind of support for signature spoofing

>comfy
Thanks, I'm never going near this garbage if it attracts retards like you.

It has a nigger and a woman as main characters, this is why I'm a virgin in my 40's.

you need play services for push notifications, not just to fuck ing download apps from pstore, how can you be so retarded

I mean, think about the entire Chinese market with millions of customers that don't use GApps since their government banned Google. They live to see tomorrow with their chinkphones running Android.

Niggers, kikes, queers, more niggers, dyke fucking cunts with purple hair, BLACKED.com actresses, fucking niggers, ewoks, R2D2 is a ball, Chewy is a nigger, Han Solo is dead, Luke Skywalker drinking cum from some alien cocks, fucking niggers.

Opengapps and micro g are completely different. Opengapps lets you select different zips of google play services and varying extra apps.
Micro g is an open source implementation. This means that you are don't actually have play services, but you have software that can meet almost the same functions for a fraction of the space.

Not him, but most messaging apps rely on play services to some degree, with some not even working without it.

Wow, so opengapps isn't actually open source?

Try reading for once.
lineage.microg.org/#faq

I'm using it. It's generally fine. But the GPS won't ever fix on my RN4 for some reason, at first it did work, and the battery has some issues.. so, fuck it, I'm starting to get too old for this shit

>using the phone to play games
You're one of those special kids, right?