Windows appreciation thread

Windows appreciation thread.

Let's all be thankful for an OS on which Everything Works.

whats up with that, never seen any ads in the first place

Are you on LTSB or Education?

I appreciate Windoes 7 for being the last good thing to come out of Microsoft post Bill Gates.

But even then 7 is just Vista with a few more hours in the oven, and Vista still had his involvement.

How do I enable ads in windows 10 pro?

This! MSDF HAS ARRIVED

Ads appear in apps and stuff. But that is. So kinda like smartphone ads.
I haven't seen BSOD since XP.
Maybe at 7,when i forgot to upgrade gpu driver and the game tried stuff that was enabled at a certain driver version.
I literally don't get 7 people.
I upgraded to 8, which made me want to go back to seven. But i was lazy and getting use to it, i found out it wasn't so bad.
10 is just as good as 7. Except if u got an older pc/laptop, then i do agree with it.
This coming from a person who wanted to remain on XP.

>I haven't seen BSOD since XP.
winfags in denial since 2001

8.1 with classic shell is secretly the best Windows.

No. I really don't. Only when it's user (my fault), like i said before.

Except it isn't. I have it on my laptop and it's equivalent to Win7, only slightly buggier, mildly obscuring vital settings behind stupid-proof "friendly" screens and with a slightly faggier overall appearance (+ no Classic mode).

I just realized I actually had seen a BSoD for like 4 or 5 years now.

It has far better out of the box driver support though, and its file copying utility shits on 7.

Seconding BSOD-lessness. Only BSOD's I've ever seen were from either failed overclocks or beta driver failures.

>Ads appear in apps and stuff. But that is. So kinda like smartphone ads.

Holy shit, the acceptance.

The only drivers I need to install on my Win 7 Desktop are the video and network ones, and I always have them ready on my second HDD.

I'll concede the file copying is much nicer, tho

It is not `windows fault if thing don't work blame 3rd parties or the users

We can play the blame game, but at the end of the day shit either works or doesn't.

The desktop experience in windows 8.1+ is fine, but the telemetry and hidden intrusive shit makes it so much more difficult to appreciate. If it doesn't get better soon, I'm going to make switch to Linux.

So far W10 has gotten worse, not better in that regard.

>need to install a dependency from a DVD ISO in Linux
>mount the ISO
>need to mount the loaded disc to a specific folder
>modify yum to use that directory as a repository while cutting off access to any other repository
>no GUI interaction whatsoever

>need to install a dependency from a DVD ISO in Windows
>mount ISO
>double click on the drive
>navigate to the executable from Explorer and run it

also games senpai

Windows is the only O. S. that actually has games. I saw a Chrome F. P. S. a few years ago and it was an Original Xbox tier game or worse, and Apple just has the few games that are available on both Windows and Mac.

>So kinda like smartphone ads.
>accepting phone-app-tier advertisements based on your activity in an operation system you (are supposed to) pay for

Yeah I'm starting to think the only thing Windows is good for is muh vidya gaymes. I don't use it for anything else.

I've had one (1) BSOD since 2015.

I'm building a Windows XP PC to ride out the final year of very last version of XP that will receive updates (POSReady 2009, which goes out of extended support in April of 2019) before the entire platform is put to rest by MS.

It'll have all the hypest shit (Core i5 third gen, maxed 32-bit RAM, GTX 960, SSD) to give it a good sendoff.

I'm using your FOSS wallpapers on Windows and you can't stop me.

It's ok. Anime wallpapers on Windows is not OK, they can cause BSODs

>Anime wallpapers on Windows is not OK, they can cause BSODs
Based microsoft.

Apps show ads, that's the responsibility of their developers. Windows gives them by default an ID, which they would compute by themselves anyway if it didn't. That's like me complaining about ads on the web and blaming some Linux distro.

Just imagine how awesome windows could be if it wasn't using half your bandwith and cpu cycles reporting everything you do to the NSA.

>If it doesn't get better soon, I'm going to make switch to Linux.
I doubt even 1% of you idiots who keep saying this will actually live up to your words.
I mean, shieet, I know I wouldn't. When Win7 drops dead I'll just bite the bullet and let the NSA's grubby fingers into my butt soul. My workflow is far too heavily centered around Windows/Mac-exclusive software to switch to anything else.

>Windows 8.1

Ew.

>out the final year of very last version of XP that will receive updates
Have you tested the update process with the POSReady hack, or have you just read it?

I tried it, and it says the support is over.

No wonder pedophiles use Linux

Linux losers attack Windows users because they backed the losing horse and play it up like we're ruining computing for them.

>winshit users also anime-hating r*dditors
pottery

If MS actually goes through with restricting shit you're allowed to install to windows store, I will absolutely 100% do it the day the news are announced.

I'm actually using POSReady 2009, not just regediting Windows XP to read back as POSReady 2009.

ok

Windows users posting in this thread had to restart their computers constantly while posting in this thread due to BSODs and failed Windows updates. My mac doesn't have this problem :^)

>weaboos can't handle the bantz
Even Japan's age of consent is too high for you

>weaboos
I don't speak r*ddit :^)

That said even POSReady 2009 has a shitty time getting updates. It's MS's bad design for their update querying.

Apparently you need to manually update IE in order for it to not take an age to load available updates for other products.

>manually update IE
thx will try this.

>using advertisementOS
Fuck that peasant shit. Poorfags will never understand the comfiness of the superior macOS

I'm more curious how you use OneNote.

>g-go back to rreddit
Sounds like your pretty familiar with that place yourself.
This board is about technology discussion and as a result, most people from the rest of this site (the anime punks), tend to stay away. It's a bit above their head.
Look at most posts on Sup Forums. Most people have jobs or at least want to have a job. Contrast this with anime users. Anime is a hobby for people who have no hobbies or interests in life.
I made a little joke, and you took it seriously. How pathetic are you people.

I wish Windows 10's settings menu wasn't way larger than everything else. It's evident that it's made for touch controls, but why wouldn't it be the same size as everything else and bump the resolution scaling instead?

Watching anime IS a hobby.
But please, don't let me interrupt you with my logic and reason.

I'm linux only user, and I think anime, with the expection for a couple of shows, is utter shit.

You must be an arch user.

tl;dr haha kys r*ddit faggot

Nope. Deboon.

>window's title bar merging with top panel
This is pure kino of UI design.

That's ubuntu. Fucking disgusting. It's getting further and further away from gnu/linux.

>points out windows shit that doesn't apply to me
>meh
>I point out Linux shit that apparently doesn't apply to you
>DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL!

Lol, wtf is up with all this reddit shit. I don't understand it. There are some autistic linux OSes out there, as well as the commercial shit that is ubuntu. Ubuntu is shit, it's shit for desktops, and it's shit for servers. I don't think you understand how disgusting ubuntu is. Fucking snap, upstart, software center. What happened to Ubuntu?

It might be a bloated distro, but I actually enjoy Unity desktop.

>Everything Works
:^)

I have to say I like Unity too. Nice shortcuts and shit, but canonical is becoming more and more like the big tech companies out there. Amazon on my desktop? Fuck that shit. Bloat doesn't bother me so much. My laptop. What does bother is how commercial they've become. It's matter of principle for me.

>superior
>fagOS
Good joke.

Everything works*

* Please refrain from running 16-bit software

Do you have beef with Ubuntu ubuntu or ubuntu family in general?

I'd love to try other OS's, but i am restricted to Windows due to piracy. The software that I need for work (but am too poor to buy it all) seems to only be available for Windows. Been using it since Windows 95.

I don't like what Ubuntu has become. You mean ubuntu clones. All of those fall under debian.

Am I the only one when doing a fresh install I go through everything and do not connect to internet? This makes it easier to delete the useless crap before they try to update or install all the ad and bloatware.

Nah man I saw ads in a Linux screenshot so that means all Linux users have to put up with ads.

yeah that's what I'd say if I were a poorfag. If I were retarded and gay I would probably use Windows too

Apps like from the windows store F2P or use apps. Just like on any smartphone. What so problematic about it?
I say it again. WINDOWS STORE.
And because i don't use it, except for the WH40K freeblade i don't meet any ads.

Holy shit, is this place really as retarded?

Linux is a kernel.

>I-I said it again, linux is a kernel!!!!! are you proud of me mom!!!!!?

Yeah but there's ads in that Linux screenshot so now everyone is laughing at Linux cause we all know now that Linux has built in ads enjoy the tracking bots loser!

Honestly I don't see what ads people are talking about in Win10.
Even in "metro" "WUP" apps. The one I use most is Evernote, it's free with no ads.

>one of the 8 relevant Linux OSs
>one very irrelevant and dead DE
So one of 50 desktop Linux OSs have ads, when compared to all but 2 (((editions))) of windows 10.

Not really, canonical at least responds to angry users. When canonical was caught tracking users' data; there was backlash and canonical remove the data collection service on their part. When you complain about using winshit, they tell you to deal with it. You just like the microsoft dick.

Windows 10 is windows 7 infected with bonzi buddy tier malware.

>everything works in Windows
Obviously doesn't work in IT
Obvious troll

I agree but I unironically use gentoo

(Win10 Pro)
Are there ads in the Family edition?

kek

A researcher showed that Microsoft delayed the updates for zero days vulnerabilities.
Win10 gets them first.

Stay with your out of date OS,poorfag.

This : most people who use Linux on a daily-basis work in IT.

It's quite bad yes, but my machine is not already infected like yours.

I like it, but I acknowledge its basically just a glorified software console. I need muh gaymes and .appx is pretty good!

Osx is better, sorry

The irony of this complaint is, you only see ads in apps that, if you went online for the equivalent, you'd be bombarded with much more. Or its on the new online components of apps like solitaire that didn't exist in the previous version

When encountering a windows 10 user please do not make fun of their OS, they gave up their freedom and dignty for it.

I just wanna play video games

You have to give up your freedom and dignity to use Linux.