C++/C# will cover everything except web dev

I'd just rather not.

if you iq < 100.

>web dev means front-end

it's opposite of pleasant to work with
unreadable STL references
everything can be now done with JS and web tools anyway
no usable build and dependency solution

how can you say C++ is unpleasant then bring up JS as an alternative?

just to illustrate how unpleasant C++ is

You'll die of old age before you finish

that's too much of a hyperbole. wouldn't it be context dependent? i mean what examples can you bring up that are unavoidable and will look like pure ass to deal with? C++ seems powerful enough that any verbosity can be hidden under namespaces, is it not?

I'll give four.
- The year you'd have to spend truly mastering the basics of the language is a huge opportunity cost if you don't want to into systems programming.
- The time you have to spend writing std::function-esque boilerplate because there's no syntax-level support for basic shit like function, product and sum types, despite the fact that there are standards committee people who know what those things are because muh backwards compatibility.
- The amount of work it takes to avoid undefined behavior when you could just work in a garbage-collected, type-safe language (inb4 git gud brainlet; where do you think all of those security vulnerabilities in Microsoft, Google, etc. software come from? Freshmen?).
- The community that manages to be as smug as both the C community and the Rust community and treat both with disdain, despite C++ lacking the austere simplicity of the former and any of the safety and convenience of the latter.
The are situations where you have to use C++, and there are better and worse ways of using it, but don't pretend it's a choice that can and should be made often given a choice.

namespaces _add_ verbosity

>what are using declarations

Literally no reason to use it instead of C#, unless you're planning to work with very high performance requirements.

>>>>>>>>JS
lmao

C# is to sepples as Java is to C

>code in Java, C#, JavaScript for years
>take masters degree
>have a in course in advanced C++

its like all the power and control I never wish I wanted

the truth about programmers

basically this

And don't let Sup Forums bamboozle you. According to some polls about 50%+ of people in /dpt/ are C/C++ fags. And the majority of the rest are hipsters (Haskell, Nim, Sepples, etc..). They rage at each other and act smug all day.

We almost always have multiple threads in flight critiquing it or asking if it's bad.