/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/2017-DIY-SE215-Headset-Hifi-Stereo-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Bass-headphone-For-shure-mmcx/32814945082.html
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
amazon.com/Headphone-Jokitech-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Headphones/dp/B01NBRIH93/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01NBRIH93&pd_rd_r=A55EWH4AWF02371TYZE7&pd_rd_w=loaJt&pd_rd_wg=fY24a&psc=1&refRID=A55EWH4AWF02371TYZE7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will you ever run out of anime feet girls with headphones

each day is truly wonderful and inspiring for a staxkid. reinvigorate yourself by buying STAX

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

no way these are legit right?
aliexpress.com/item/2017-DIY-SE215-Headset-Hifi-Stereo-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Bass-headphone-For-shure-mmcx/32814945082.html

Is this acceptable channel matching for $500 headphones?

is the bottlehead crack the best bang for my hard earned bucks to power HD600s?

never forget

for a tube, absolutely. for amping in general no. SS is much cheaper

what's SS?

solid state. o2, magni 3, etc. you can build an o2 for like $60?

will he still be alive until may?

No. If you've got the budget, I would say the NFB-11.28 would be future-proof for it and any headphones you may buy in the future.

stop
please
it hurts

you should send that meme to him and see what his response is. that's hilarious

Thread reminder to never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better. Yes I know the subjectivists go by what these devices "sound like." But I want one of them with a straight face tell me how their music is better where a spray of distortion and noise is added to any single tone in their music. How can any of this be euphonic???

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

that's for the reminder. I love being reminded by you master

thanks, i'll check it out. you little geniuses should put together an amp section for the op.

Test

>you little geniuses should put together an amp section for the op.
all you need to know is

Shitposting aside, are stax actually that good?

Do they have huge soundstage and great bass for open headphones?

Test

>Do they have huge soundstage and great bass for open headphones?
the top end like L700, 007, 009 have great bass and soundstage. as you go up the line that's exactly what improves

Yes, and they have unmatched detail and resolution, plus you can EQ them to be bass monsters.

>tfw the only unmatched thing about the HD600 are the drivers

Crazy. It's a shame that they look so fucking ugly, and appear to be plasticy as fuck. Not that I'd ever spend that kind of money on headphones anyway. They're 'clearly' better than hd800's then, for example?

>They're 'clearly' better than hd800's then, for example?
yes. people do a ton of mods and buy $2000 tubes just to make them sound more like STAX (detailed but not treble cannons)

Why would tubes help in regard of detail? I thought they were purely for more warmth.

I'm on the spectrum, but I'm not autistic enough to wear L300-L700 headphones, and the 007 and 009 are too much money. Fuck that noise.

Holy shit I love speakers and subwoofers

My floor is shaking and I can feel that 20-30 hz in my chest, what headphones can do that

fuck if I know. that's just what people do. I dunno if it's full of shit or not but you can be sure some anons are going to pipe in saying shit like
>REEEE the FR is the same nothing is changed
>tubes couldn't possibly do anything, all distortion is the same
>resolution is a myth, all gear is equally resolving
etc. I don't know.

Fuck it improved FUUUUUUCKKK this is good. But I wear glasses ;____;

none, get a subpac to simulate it kinda

>But I wear glasses
Oh, that's what the problem was then. Maybe you could get your glasses adjusted so they sit more closely against your head.

>I'm on the spectrum, but I'm not autistic enough to wear L300-L700 headphones
I'm legit a chad (not meming) and I bought the L300LE.

taction kannon

You could try it with the velour pads on instead, actually. Maybe they'll seal better than the pleather pads do with your glasses on.

i want to fug migu

prove your chadness

>subpac
Wearable subwoofer looks like one of those hug blankets for autists

seat-mounted s2 does look kinda neat, might try it out

wish i had one of those autism blankets, they're super nice but ridiculously expensive

used to fuck models and do one arm one finger pullups before I fractured a couple fingers which made it too painful to keep rock climbing. not gonna post my face although there's no reason not to honestly (there's nothing to dox). I don't have a social life I just walk around to pickup chicks when I want a GF. they used to try to pick me up off the streets when I was really fit, I gained weight though

Maybe, I'll have to check it out. I can't wear the glasses without wearing them weirdly though ;_;
The overall sound is better than my hd202s though.

So I'm not going to get one, but Bethesda has a Fallout-branded one for $160, which is pretty good considering the Subpac store wants $300

*Squashes forearm on table to appear bigger*

lad

600 owner here. I've never noticed a difference listening to them with or without my glasses. maybe the 600's aren;t as bad with glasses, or theres not enough bass to begin with. No idea.

no, that's not on the table. I have extra bone growth on all my knuckles too, I can take pics of those sometime but I'm too lazy to get my phone

>open ear headphones
If you want more bass isn't closed better?

>>>/worldstarhiphop/

the hd600 has the best bass o

yes
I almost missed you losers but now I remember i hate you. go crawl back to the hole where you came from

Are the Hifiman Edition S a good choice if I plan on using them for commuting and working with a laptop in environments like uni/library?
My ears tend to get irritated from IEMs and comfort is a pretty big deal for me.

no stax are better

>hifiman
no

why do commies have to ruin everything?

With Jews, you lose.

stax shills absolutely btfo by estat

>abyss
>tiny ass planar driver sold for $6000
'kay

wouldn't be surprised if that was singled sided either

>6000
You fuckin retarded it literally is 4500

oh. cool. who cares?

lel I wasn't really being serious, I could tell that your forearms are fairly big. What do you mean by extra bone growth on your knuckles? you mean naturally? Show me.

Poorfag here, are the Monoprice Modern Retro decent?

Quick rundown?

yeah sorry for caring about a $1500 difference in the headphones i buy
regardless these are way better than any high end stax out there, the only headphones ive tried that i like better are the orpheus

>posts anime feet with request for help
you're on the path to greatness, user

>want to buy headphone stand
>most of the decent looking ones cost $20+
>too cheap to spend that much despite having the money
Why the fuck are these things so overpriced?

Yes, much better

Oh, hey, your monitor doesn't come with a built-in headphone holder? Sorry, poorfag.

>20-30$
>expensive

Your clearly don;t want anything half decent. Just buy a shit plastic one for under 10$

man that would be cool if the monitor was good

asked in last thread but the question got derailed over skub;

been using hyperX cloud for about 2,3 years now but the headband is falling apart, I'm looking for a replacement in the $50-130 range that's built to last, any recommendations? i don't have any preference regarding closed/open sound.

>I wasn't being serious
sorry, though you were some punk.
>What do you mean by extra bone growth on your knuckles?
It's really hard to take a good picture of but I have hypertrophied extensors+knuckles as well as bone spurs on the sides of my knuckles. pic related doesn't really show it well. my last post about it though it's getting off topic even though it's related to STAX posters

la creatura...

sennheiser pc-37x from massdrop, specifically because you're replacing a gaming headset.

Think of it this way: you're investing in one so that your expensive headphones are never going to be dropped/damaged/broken, or have your headphone cable hanging off your desk or on the floor to be tripped on/rolled over with your chair. Besides, it looks nice together with your headphones hanging on it.

W1000z worth buying if I'm looking at that segment?

stax

I got this one and it's alright.

Probably best you'll get around this price range

amazon.com/Headphone-Jokitech-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Headphones/dp/B01NBRIH93/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01NBRIH93&pd_rd_r=A55EWH4AWF02371TYZE7&pd_rd_w=loaJt&pd_rd_wg=fY24a&psc=1&refRID=A55EWH4AWF02371TYZE7

hd600 owners are poorfags who purchased a headphone, fell in love, and refuse to acknowledge anything other than the hd600. anything that isn't the hd600 is apparently shit and snakeoil. ma900 owners started shitposting as a reactionary movement. hd600 owners shitpost so much that they can't post their setup otherwise they will be made fun of. they were nicknamed as "NHA" or "no headphone user". basically you name them like a jew and they slink away. a bunch of regulars purchase stax and execute hd600 owners with memes

niggerbass memes are just a shitty meme they use to coin anything that isn't hd600 bass or etymotic bass to be something that niggers like. if you like subbass (which the hd600 is poor at) you are a nigger.

I'm mostly just here to suggest a new /hpg/ op image for next thread.

Gaming headsets are overpriced. I don't think user cares; go introduce something that isn't garbage

The SHP9500S and HD 558 are all much better headphones at a fraction of the price if you aren't specifically looking at headsets. If you look enough, you can even find DT 880s at a slightly higher price point

>going through all the trouble to make a simulated waifu but no feet are visible
some people mystify me

user's recommending a product with no measurements. Please avoid

Measurements in the way most people on here use them, are a meme.

Yeah those joints look huge, but they aren't your knuckles. Your actual knuckles look normal from that angle.

>Buying a headphone blind
Ok, user. I sure would trust other people's subjective opinions with my money

I'm not him, but the PC37X is $120, open-back, and has HD558/598 drivers, together with a good quality noise-cancelling microphone. That doesn't make it overpriced, retard.

>Your actual knuckles look normal from that angle.
I know, that's why I said it's a bad pic and I kinda gave up. I have spurs on the sides of my knuckles but my camera can't focus on them + bad lighting

Yeah, you didn't even comprehend my post.

I didn't say measurements were something useful to look at, but people on here use them as the be all end all and a tool for shitposting and shilling one headphone over another.

The enclosure also matter. Until we have measurements, i'd rather avoid than risk it. baka

It's going to be perfectly fine for gaming either way. Use your other pair of headphones for listening to music, or buy something else altogether if you don't even need the microphone, retard.

>It's going to be perfectly fine for gaming either way. Use your other pair of headphones for listening to music
Then buy something that does both fine, user

>Then
Then why not

Wtf audio medium is that? A master tape?

Then go pay extra for an HD579 + a modmic. It'll sound more or less the same. I'm not here to hold your hand.

There you go, user! user never asked for a gaming headset, dummy

I wasn't the one that suggested it to him, dummy.

Man, did user quit on me half-way?

i feel like a faggot

maybe you should, muke