Qubes OS

Sup Forums, I think you'd really like Qubes OS.

Pic related is how it works - a lightweight VM is created for each "domain" of trust, each completely isolated. There are also "disposable" VMs used for single applications that are destroyed when the application is closed.

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/zHmaZ3dbus8/rWll-ywQCAAJ
groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/passthrough/qubes-users/cmPRMOkxkdA/gIV68O0-CQAJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know, just download more ram, again.

bloat

Gee I wonder where this design was taken from...
Oh wait Jails and FreeBSD.

Pic of what it looks like running - window border colors indicated what domain VM the application is running in. Can even run Windows-based domain VMs.

It DOES require a shitload of RAM

How much is a 'shitload?' Will 16gb do?

Doesn’t work on my x200.
Crappy memeOS

I've been using 16gb. By default Qubes has 3 domain VMs, tried running 10 just to see how it runs - no problem. If you have a spare machine to try it on I'd highly recommend it, shit feels like the future

Disable VT-d in BIOS, install Qubes, re-enable VT-d. Apparently also a problem with the X201.

Will try it. Thx.
Will make a thread to complain about it if it doesn’t work.

I have been doing similar thing for a while now, except on Arch with kvm and i set up machines myself.
Well, by set up i mean restore snapshots, etc.

Can Qubes pci-passthrough your gpu to a virtual machine?
As far as i remember xen was suposed to be able to do it too.

Looks like a couple people had success with PCI and GPU passthrough:

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/zHmaZ3dbus8/rWll-ywQCAAJ
groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/passthrough/qubes-users/cmPRMOkxkdA/gIV68O0-CQAJ

If you need the base of Arch I wouldn't recommend Qubes, but Qubes design is definitely more secure than Arch + kvm. This is because the hypervisor doesn't even have network access on its own - also, all network and external devices are handled by individual VMs.

I do not *need* Arch, i have been using it becouse it was convinient and easy to set up since there are shitton of people setting up pci-pass on it.

If Qubes can do the same thing while making my life easier i guess i could try it out.

Oh shit. Amazing how nobody else has thought of that before, I wish chroot existed.

It is closer to FreeBSD jails like mentioned. A VM != a jail, though - jails share the host kernel and can't be different operating systems. Virtual machines are entirely isolated.

test

Who is the fucking retard autist that came up with this?

Every one know what a container is and Bsd solution have jails for year. Any way qube is Nice and gouv and other organisation with sensitive data shoud use it. This would prevent the stupid employe to do stupid things

I really wanted to like it... but... systemd so
Dropped

>I can't unistall a software

/thread

>Sup Forums, I think you'd really like Qubes OS.
Sup Forums isn't interested in anything that cannot play their manchild videogames.

Qubes is great. I've used it since r3.2, it finally doesn't break even you sneeze at it. 32gb of ram is your friend. R4.0 should be out soon. Somewhat buggy but it's getting better, and there's nothing out there more secure than qubes. Shifts security concern to Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/usb & firmware blobs running on your system instead of the underlying os

this is the retard

Until Xen gets exploited again.

i wanna suck her feminine penis