Does anyone here actually MINE? I have a 1080 ti, unused doing fuck all 99.999% of the time. Please give me the red pill

Does anyone here actually MINE? I have a 1080 ti, unused doing fuck all 99.999% of the time. Please give me the red pill

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti?e=0.1¤cy=USD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you thought about getting a life instead of baiting here?

fuck off redstar

redpill? here it goes: you won't earn shit with one GPU

no bait lads.

So? This won't give you shit, you will lose money to the power company.

*redpills you*
No, need to thank me kiddo

Would just use nicehash. I do on my 1080 to when I'm gone for a while...

You'll net around $4 a day if you run it all the time.

>you will lose money to the power company.
Thats not how it works.

Your GPU uses more power when mining.
Your power company provides the power.
Your next power bill will be bigger because of that and you pay them.
You won't get enough profit form the mining to even pay the difference the bill will be bigger because of the mining.

You're really bad at logic, uh?

if that were true, no one would be mining

Wut? They mine because their profits can pay the power the mining concumes.

I dont think you understand profitability

Lmao in what fucking Dreamland

I don't think you understand what's going on

what did you mean by this

yes but I sold my 1080
made probably $300

are you baiting?
>mine $1
>power cost $.5
>profit of $.5
jeez

>he doesn't make his own electricity

Mate, don't be so dumb. You can't make money from one card anymore, it's an industry of scale now. You need to be somewhere you get free power or somewhere where you can get a deal on the amount of power you use because your doing it at a large enough scale for a discount to be worthwhile.
How much do you think a CPU would cost if every single one was hand made in someone's bedroom? Economies of scale nigger, look it up.

So you make $20 a month on a 1080ti so what? Thats good enough to cover a netflix subscription and a six pack a month, no?

No mate, you'd make -10. How are you not able to grasp this simple concept.

you can mine different kinds of coins

nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti?e=0.1¤cy=USD

If your that dedicated to losing your money you could just send it to me.

thats what i thought, poorfaggot

>profit of $.5
>in non-liquid currency
every retard should do what they want but dont forget the important last point.

>$.5
thats such a retarded way to type.

>A fool and his money are soon parted.
So you'll be in the same boat as me soon enough.

That's not at all what economies of scale is and economies of scale almost, almost exclusively applies to manufacturing in practice because tooling costs become less significant when you can max out the usage thereof.

The reason why buttxoin mining works is because each individual unit yields a profit. Last month I made 40 bucks with like $5 loss in electricity billing just from mining while I wasn't using my pc. That's an easy 35 bucks running a 1080ti underclocked and underpowered while I'm at work or out with friends.

can you describe your software setup to achieve this in win10 lad?

I just used nicehash. They explain it on their site. Keep in mind bitcoin value fell a lot so you might make less doing it part time.

And be sure to lower power target so your gpu isn't blazing hot like it's gaming. I use MSI afterburner to lower the power target to like 75%.

I mine with my shitty 1050ti and make $1.50 a day at current rates.

You'll probably make like $4~$5 a day if you start mining.

entire companies and the country of iceland are dedicated to mining, why would you, an individual, even try?

I mine Sumokoin on my dedicated servers' CPUs at idle priority, reducing their effective cost by 30-50% each

>I mine with my shitty 1050ti and make $1.50 a day at current rates.
So you make almost $45 with a POS card. Wow!!!

>80 Watts when mining

>220Watts when gaming

What?

hes just a troll who wants prices on gpus to drop

you're doing something wrong, power consumption should me maxed out

You're either an idiot or live in a shit country... Either way, leave :)

gpu utilization of cores != power consumption

esp when underclocked

Here is what I do, OP:
I started mining with my RX 480 in may last year. Mining ETH through nanopool. Set up a exchange wallet on kraken, configured the miner and set the payout to 0.05 eth.
Everytime the payment was sent to my kraken wallet I bought bitcoins with the ETH and I managed to make 700 USD that time, I sold out when it hit the 20k tho. Now the prices are kinda low compared to december but they are still high. Your 1080ti can mine probably the double (or more) my RX 480 now so I sugest you do it.
I also sugest you keep half of your eth and the other half buy bitcoins. I believe ETH will have a rise and when they get into PoS having ETH in your wallet will give you some profit. You also can look at how to mine Monero which seens to have a nice profit margin.

I managed to get this with one GPU.

Well, I overclocked my gpu to its extreme, it consumed like 240W, but guess what, the Hashrate was the same when underclocked so why the fuck would I keep it maxed out?

nice ;)

I bought a 580 before the huge rise in demand. I wanted to go back to AMD (for the better control panel) and try Freesync (bought an Acer POS).

Since I'm not gaming most of the time, I'm mining Monero with the new card. I also configured my system so that it starts mining on my nVidia, too, when the screen saver (blank screen) starts.

i mined 0.05 ethereum in about a month and a half
watch out tax niggers this shit's going unreported you fucking FUCKS

>watch out tax niggers this shit's going unreported you fucking FUCKS
what did you mean by this?

mining bitcoins is a taxable event stupid goy. i hope you reported your mining income!

I havent done any mining yet