Ryzen build help

Hi,

time for all of you amd shills to get to work...

i am trying to build a ryzen workstation since i got gifted a ryzen 7 1700x
and need some input on selecting components.

Need input for:
* ram = i don't understand the ram selection for the processor. All the sources i found on google seem be contradicting themselves ( i want 32gb of ram, i have some F4-3200C16D-16GVKB in the office i dont use, can i simply find 2 more 8gb sticks of similar specification?).

* mainboard = need input - see case, but willing to consider alternative form-factors... was looking at ASRock AB350M Pro4 but as i said, i dont understand the memory compatibility thing.

* case = input appreciated, right now i am leaning towards a "prodigy m" m-atx

*psu = i have an unused corsair TX550M that i would like to use

* gpu = since its for a workstation - i am thinking of going with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC Gaming ACX 2.0, 4096 MB GDDR5 from EVGA

Delete this anti-semetic thread immediately

In what way do you find my post "anti-semetic" ?

ignore, it's an intel shill.

If it is for a workstation you can't use a GPU that has gaming in its name
>GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC Gaming ACX 2.0
This not good.

>motherboard
I would recommend against AssRock

what would you recommend then?
specific model?

>* gpu = since its for a workstation - i am thinking of going with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC Gaming ACX 2.0
nice workstation card you got there, it would work the best games on your station.
be a sane buyer and get the wx4100

not him, but it depends what kind of work you're doing. a 1050ti is an absolute monster if you're just doing normal work like ms office type shit, but if you are doing heavy rendering or visualization then you will need something more powerful.

as for the rest of your questions, I would recommend checking out the website pcpartpicker.com. This site lets you select components and applies a compatibility filter so that you can be certain there won't be any issues building your computer.

looking into it,

mainly need a card cause the 1700x has no integrated gpu and i figured a bit of ram on the card for photoshop wouldnt hurt

Only peasants buy gpu for gaming

for matx, i have bought literally 10x MSI B350M Mortar boards and haven't had a single problem with any of them. just update sbios when you buy the mobo (which you should always do anyway)

i run gaming events so i ship these systems around the world - if you want a case recommendation i would point the Corsair Air240. It's matx like the prodigy m you selected, but uses 0.6mm steel vs. industry standard of 0.3mm. This is only if case sturdiness matters to you - the prodigy m is still a good choice for aesthetics.

as for finding out motherboard and memory compatibility, look up the "
"memory qualified vendor's list". usually you can just google "[mobo model name] memory qvl" and get a direct link to a pdf. this is a list of all memory kits that the manufacturer's labs tested and verified working on the mobo.

not sure if it checks for ram compatibility and performance....

There are threads dedicated to these exact questions you shithead.

Post it in the PCBG

does the b350m mortar support a ryzen 7 1700x? i see it has the 6 phase cpu power thing vs more phases on other boards...

>case
Fractal Design cases are highly regarded on Sup Forums

yep - any am4 board will support any am4 chip. power phases dont matter as much as they used to back in the day. i dont suspect you'll be doing much overclocking on a workstation either.

BTW, i use 1800x+3200 MHz ram in each of those boards, no issues to report.

what memory would you recommend with that? i am looking at 32gb in total

... checked..that card is actually more expensive here and i dont see much extra benefit for my usecase

wanted to reference
insted of

AMD shill, you mean.

any of these:

F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
F4-3200C14D-32GVK
F4-3200C15D-32GTZ
F4-3200C15D-32GVK
F4-3200C16D-32GTZA

The keyword to look for is "samsung b-die"