How does a band like twenty one pilots even come to be...

how does a band like twenty one pilots even come to be? It's like they just appeared out of nowhere and became this glorious band kicking the mainstreams ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dULPo-7Oq8o
youtu.be/Ktoc4xakX-E
youtu.be/K8dOMADFzx4
youtu.be/jO2_3pVd5k0
youtu.be/i8BGAYXNW74
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcYIWS2wAj7V1AU2yqjeAcAJohR9fY7UK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Industry Plants

It was impossible not succeed in the mainstream for them

carefully crafted image and aggressive marketing

its been popular in the background on tumblr between same shits who worship fob, patd and mcr

What are you talking about? The industry saw the success of Panic of the Disco and Fall Out Boy and saw a untapped huge market of edge masters, and highschool students that think Fallout Boy isn't mainstream. Twenty One Pilots talk so much about depression, and being anti corporation that they trick a bunch of these people into thinking they actually are those things. They have a boring sound, and are unoriginal but their image sells man.

This

They were shaped up by a label, like most artist tb.h f.am, and made to sound like they do before they ever got popular

Does Twenty one Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?

ya know, that's a weird comparison but I definitely see the similarities, especially with AnCo's more poppy stuff

i still have yet to hear a song by them

they're alright

dude no what the fuck are you doing man...
i bet you just samefagged that

That shitty song about how life as a kid was really easy

there's nothing edgy about any of those bands

it's teenage angst but it's not edgy.

yes

you're deluded bro, these bands are the pinnacle of 12 year old edgelord music

i looked up the lyrics and i still don't think i've heard it which is weird because i work retail

This. I don't get why some people are freaking out about them. They're okay, nothing more, nothing less.

Your opinion is false. Listen to the music. It's in the same vain as Blink-182's Enema of the State. It's just teenage angst.

There's literally nothing edgy about them.

youtu.be/dULPo-7Oq8o

youtu.be/Ktoc4xakX-E

youtu.be/K8dOMADFzx4

Maybe it's edgy if you're a 51-year-old soccer mom, but to people who aren't deaf, the music isn't edgy at all.

People don't use "edgy" to mean what you're thinking anymore. These days it just means anything juvenile and angsty.

You see, It's people who heard one or two "normies" talk about how they like 21p and so they decided it's normie shit.

But it is normie garbage.

Edgy implies the type of music a school shooter would listen to.

This music is just for teenagers, there's nothing wrong with that.

If you're thinking of music for actual twelve year olds, that's Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.

Stuff like Paramore, FoB, P!atD, and MCR are for high schoolers and college freshmen. Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

>became this glorious band kicking the mainstreams ass.

it's normie for sure, but it's decent and overrated. It's much better if you're under the age of 23.

Maybe you just have a different definition than he does. It's just old Sup Forums vernacular anyway. And I hope no one in college is still listening to fucking PATD.

Where should I start first with these guys

Don't

what's wrong with Panic? It's pretty normie these days.

Death of a Bachelor was a pretty fun party album.

Vessel and then Blurryface.

They have a self titled album but it's meh. Listen to Johnny Boy but the other songs aren't that compelling.

So yeah, Vessle and Blurryface.

21 P isn't that bad if you can ignore their pretentiousness.

They're not that great either. But they aren't horrible.

Sup Forums is a little too hyperbolic with a lot of things.

"Normies like it, therefore it must be bad" is one of the stupidest arguments you can make.

It's pretty lazy. It's definitely a fedora-tipping thing to say.

"I can't think for myself why I don't like this music, so I'll just write a popular phrase and get a free pass"

This, I will say that I often get triggered when people start worshiping these guys. It's not terrible but it isn't great either.

who?

certainly a part of the hivemind. It's almost similar to a Reddit circlejerk.

Whoever is spamming these threads is actually doing a good thing in my eyes.

I certainly think it takes a great deal of maturity to like something despite its fanbase.

MCR had a pretty embarrassing fanbase but I still love their music.

>I certainly think it takes a great deal of maturity to like something despite its fanbase.
so it's okay to like Death Grips?

sure, why not?

I think there's way too many DG threads but that has nothing to do with the band.

My sister likes them a lot. She was upset when they started playing blurryface on the radio because she thinks the fame will ruin their music. I'm afraid to speak because everything I say sounds pretentious in her ears (she loves calling me a hipster). But yeah, she listens to Mindless self indulgence and consider them "under the radar".

PR is a powerful thing

Edgy in the way that they just think they're edgy come on now

That is literally the point thank you autism

You would be surprised my friend

P!atD is farthest thing from edgy as you can get.

youtu.be/jO2_3pVd5k0

Tell me how that's edgy.

or this from FoB

youtu.be/i8BGAYXNW74

I really doubt they consider themselves edgy, especially FoB, they barely take themselves seriously.

Still haven't given that one a listen. Anyone got a mega for it? Can't find it on the archive

best I can do at the moment

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcYIWS2wAj7V1AU2yqjeAcAJohR9fY7UK

It's on Spotify and probably has a decent torrent somewhere.

I actually showed one of my friends Fireworks and said it sounded like twenty one pilots ripped them off.

Ive never heard twenty one pilots before so I don't really know what he was talking about

*he said

Vessel is an alright album

that album is even worse than everything they have done before.
every song looks the same with different lyrics.
Besides that even the lyrics are dumbed down, eg crazy equals genius.

that's a pretty good song though, I love the trumpets.