What do you think about the new Boston Dynamics robot that open doors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nTxuW05Y6jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Video related to the topic: youtu.be/nTxuW05Y6jg

They should program it to humt women and rip their tits off.

ripping women clothes off will be nice XD "oh, it was an accident" they can say

useless

reddit was highly impressed. it must be good.

This is a different robot, but I like the style

>they can open doors now
whats next a robot that can solve captcha?

I hate captcha

Great leap forward, as is the teamwork. Taken to its logical conclusion we can replace meatbag infantry with untiring, unstressed, flawlessly cooperative killing machines.

This people is financed by DARPA, so it's possible

>robots can open doors

I really doubt this is AI controlled, there must be a human behind the scenes playing with a joystick.

>This is a different robot
and also a different door before and after.

It isn't. The robots are usually in puppet mode. Some of the demos did have robots acting autonomously though.

So why you fags are losing their shits over this? People were controlling robots/machines since the last century.

Dunno. I thought it was pretty lame myself.

Rather underwhelming.

because brainlets

When are they going to make a robot that does something useful? Have they sold a single one?

Their PETMAN robot might be in use as chemical warfare suit testing machine. They don't really have to sell robots because they were and might still be a beltway bandit

The bot that is learning by the captcha you solve.

I'm kinda concerned about learning AI. That AI that just beat a human in GO did a match where everyone thought it made a bad move. Even the worlds' best GO player thought the computer made a mistake, but it turned out it was a brilliant move that only the AI would have thought of. What happens if true AI says "this is why everything you've known for the past 2000 years is wrong, and why everything you're doing is self defeating" then proceeds to tell us exactly how to make ourselves better as a human species, except we don't listen cause we're too dumb to understand it. In that situation, what's the ethical thing for an AI to do? Force humans to listen? Force humans to change? Force humans into a catastrophe to make use learn because humans react and change best to acute dangers as opposed to chronic ones? Seriously, this is the moral/ethical AI question that that dumb "should a car kill it's driver" have been.

Depends on whether the A.I. is programmed to want to change us. Chances are, in that scenario, the A.I. wouldn’t care if we ignored its advice or not.

I can tell from the pixels.

K I L L I T W I T H F I R E
I
L
L

I
T

W
I
T
H

F
I
R
E

I want a hand-job (claw-job? manipulator-job?) from that dogbot.

¡Pero que buen video!

>Before the Japanese buy
Bunch of impractical bipedal killing machines
>After Japanese buy
Kawaii dog that can open doors and has practical uses

anybody else feel like there has to be a way that it could have been done with a bit more elegance.

ii think it is elegant, it is interfacing with a very generic door, leaving you to assume it has the potential to operate all kinds of doors

Sup Forums is an 18+ website. Please inform your parents or a guardian.

it appears to be performing a pre-programed animation that was meant for a very heavy door or a door that closes automatically and needs a good amount of force to open swing open. The door, on the other hand, appears to be very light weight and swings open very easily. So yeah, a more dynamic animation and door force sensing would make it seem more natural, but that'd require some force sensors in the gripping tool which I don't think this has.