oh and I use Arch btw

>packages
I guess you mean DLLs, OP.

>the packagelet

Um, no sweetie. I use void.

What? DLL on Linux is SO

>tfw 790
What do?

Sup Forums taught me that packages are bloat.

sudo pacman --noconfirm -Rsndd $(pacman -Qq)

>he still thinks package count matters
drivelet

>1053 packages
Im new don't laff

LOL if you have less than 3000 packages
What are you even using the fucking thing for if there's no software on it?

well I use kde and I have wine installed. I don't care about my package count anyways

i only got 1 package but it fucking huge m8 ur mom not complain about it last night ;^)))

>he has less than 700 packages
enjoy spamming the screenfetch threads all day, I guess

go back

tfw over 2000 packages

I have over 10000 packages. Suck my dick OP

I actually use my machine for work

t. pajeet

You're supposed to only have enough software to take screenshots of your anime desktop while neofetch is open to post in desktop threads.

>bloatfags actually believe this

Lmao my po box was just checked there’s nothing there

whether or not this is a good or a bad thing depends on a lot of factors. We will go over four situations:
1. lots of big packages
2. a small number of big packages
3. a small number of small packages
4. lots of small packages
Also, 700 packages? That seems like an arbitrary number, is that around what you have currently installed, OP?
----
1. obviously shit. we don't need to discuss this any further. The only good part about this is that since you have a lot of packages, you most likely have the necessary tools for most of the things you want done. There is a big chance that some of your software have subcomponents that do the same thing: you installed two pieces of software to do the job of one.
2. Even shittier than the first one. Not only are you using shitty bloated software, you don't have enough installed to get a general purpose machine.
3. Like #2 but you're at least conscious about bloat. The side effect is that small packages tend to lack features bigger software offers. Hopefully you know what you're doing.
4. The best, in my opinion. A working general purpose machine of this form can give you more features for less secondary/primary storage. Your installed software tends to depend on other currently installed software, which is very good when it comes to minimizing secondary storage: packages don't need to reimplement something that specialized software should be able to do far better. There will be some minimal performance impacts due to IPC, but this will be offset by the fact that you are running software designed to do one thing and do it well -- that means gains in speed.

For more info, go to /glmg/ (the one with anime OP pic)

>tfw having 1500 packages and the system still running superb since 3 years and probably 3 more years

I am on Arch as well.
Admittingly at least 15% of those packages are just lib32 variants and/or wrappers for other packages.

I have 2627 packages. Did I win?

>2288
i like that number

:~$ dpkg --list | wc --lines

Seriously, this is pretty minimal. Literally just node, virtual box and docker installed...

who /bloat/ here?

Try this as root, better result

dpkg -l | egrep "^ii" | wc -l; dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda1 BS=1M

Output:

>he has more than 2 packages

>he actually uses his linux box

This
My laptop is basically a Swiss army knife

I got 890

>he uses Linux