/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality
audiophile.rocks/
jpmediablog.com/album-flacrar/
youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post your setups anons

>filename

BEGONE STAXFAGS

Always remember to keep your headphones on a stand when you're not using them, and never allow your cables to dangle off of the edge of your desk! Be diligent about it, as well as your cable management, and you won't end up like double broken TH-X00 user from last thread. If you don't have a headphone stand, buy one!

Is this acceptable channel matching for $20 earbuds?

Is there anything better that is neutral and is portable/not being bulky to use outside, like ATH-m40x?

Is FLAC a meme?

Am I the only person that puts their headphones back in their retail boxes, unless they have a designated case? I've never lost a pair of headphones to a fall or cable yank.

has anyone here actually used the emotiva a-100 to drive headphones?
how good/bad was it?

You can if you prefer, but that seems like a hassle

perfect stand right here

It's never been a hassle to me, it's the same principle as putting a tool back in my toolbox when it's not in use. Secure, protected, and right where it should be the next time that I require its use.
I know
>lolZeos
but he did a comprehensive review of the thing

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

Any thoughts on TinAudio t2?

i want to fug yuuno

Alright two completely different styles and sounds of cans but they are both exactly in my budget of £450.
Denon AH- D7200
or
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO

What would you get?

>What would you get?
something better for half the price

What amp+dac?

Now that's some acceptable feet, turbo weebs should learn with this pic

I got a decent pair of headphones. But now I want a better microphone. My shitty logitech webcam mic is... ehhh.
Would anyone have a decent recommendation? Or is there a better thread to ask? I didn't see one.

I like this album

I love my Echoboxes. Thank you to whoever recommended them.

I need that as a stand.
I'm only using one I 3D printed myself.

Probably me, and you're very welcome.

I know they aren't the most expensive IEMs in the world, but I hear details in my favorite songs that I've never heard before. My only complaint is no volume control on the cord, but that's minor. I hope these last me a long time.

Which model, user?
They look interesting

The newer Finder models actually have remotes (both an Apple model and an Android model). Although they're rugged as hell and will probably last you a really long time, if you ever DO need to replace them you can get one with a remote.

Finders.

>have massive fat head
>neso is too big for comfort
>fumo woukd be way too small
Kill me

post pic of your head

How would a Burson Sololist Mk2 preform powering a pair of LCD-4s

stop falling for garbage audiophool memes

it's a great album
i have big head too. i just use a 99c stand that i bought from amazon

Thanks for answering The question/posting Relevant content to said topic

>listening to $4000 dollar headphones powered by that piece of shit

>not reading the question

K thanks

>it's a great album
Yeah, I'm downloading it in FLAC right now. I could upload it, if you don't have it already

i've already have it in flac but thanks for the offer

audiophile.rocks/
These will improve your sound quality even more than a burson.

How can I trust someone else's ears I hand select and polish my own rocks thank you

Okay, no problem

i forgot to ask. where did you download it from? i got mine from jpopsuki

nigga, u gay

Should I get LCD-2? What other headphone can I spend a grand on that would be better?

jpmediablog.com/album-flacrar/
It was a headache to get the download started, but at least it's lossless quality

no you

Fill out the form before you drop the big bux.

stax L300LE you dumb dumb

What form?
I dont have any more desk space for another amp, besides isn't the headphone + special amp like $2k?

>besides isn't the headphone + special amp like $2k?
no, you can just get a $200 amp like the 252S. the headphones are $700 + shipping

The purchase request form in the OP post, silly.

Oh right lol
>Budget
$1000
>Location
US of A
>Source
External dac/amp
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy always important
>Sound signature
Prefer something on the warm side
>Past headphones
HD650, ATH-M40x, Monoprice Retros, SHP9500

stax L300LE

What DAP is that?

Stax look so uncomfortable though

What do y'all think about the Shure se846? Second hand for 400.

shangling m2s
great iem at that price.

I don't know if I'd go for Electrostats if you want something warm. I'm not sure that they can match Maybe TH900? Otherwise the LCD2 would be a fine choice. Are you located in/around a major city? You may want to find a store where you can demo some cans or go to a meetup before taking the plunge for that amount...
For that price, you're not likely to get anything better. That's a damned good deal.

They're very comfy

Looking for a new headset.
I've been using a Gamescom 780 for almost 5 years, but it's finally breaking down on me after I neglected to repair the plastic band, and the wires are too frayed to even attempt a repair on those. I'd love to buy these again, but seeing as how the price has basically tripled since I last bought it, that's out of the question. Plus, they're old, so I'm quite out of touch with what new headphones are in.

Budget is about $50~, but I'm pretty flexible. I got the Gamescom for less, however.

In the U.S
For PC. USB or jacks, don't care as long as it's wired.
Full sized. I have several IEMs already.
Closed is preferred.
Comfort, I prefer them not digging into my skull, but otherwise I don't care.
Sound signature: Neutral.
Extra peripherals? Bah. Don't need a mic either.

Currently, I'm using borrowed headphones. A Bose CQ25 which only sounds decent if I turn on the noise cancellation, but still a little too bassy.
Also a bluetooth Bluedio headset, which is bassy as fuck making everything else sound muddy. Messing with software equalizers pretty much did nothing.

Currently looking at an Audio-Technica ATH-M30x and ATH-M40x from the Canpicker website, but would like some opinions. I've also got the Rig 400s in mind if I somehow felt like being a cheap ass.

I live in the central florida area, just south of Orlando. As far as Google says there arent any audio shops around me

Koss PortaPro. Avoid low end Audio Technica like the m30x, they are garbage.

What about meetups? Like head-fi or the like? You don't have to drink the kool-aid to try a lot of high-end stuff. If you wanted to try some really nice IEMs, Jerry Harvey's store/shop is located in Orlando.

Nice greatest headphones ever created by man, user.

So I decided to take you somewhat seriously and look up that stuff. I cant find the 252s anywhere for sale except for one private seller on eBay selling his used one for $350

These look like something up my ally. How do they handle surround sound? I'm mainly looking for a headset for gaming.

Takstar Pro 82

How long does it usually take for you to burn in a new pair of cans /hpg/? Just got some today but I feel the burn-in process will be awhile.

An hour at most to get used to them.

Just listen to them and if you dont like the way the sound on initial listen then more than likely it wont make much of a difference

Still waiting on an opinion I need an amp for when I actually buy the LCD-4s Will the burson Be sufficient to drive them

Anyone ever heard of headroom before? Seems like everything they've ever made is discontinued.

I just got some Takstar Pro 82s.

The treble is very clearly defined but also overwhelming. The bass also seems lacking. I'm not using a DAC/amp yet. Would that help? Wat do?

the burson will drive them but it's rather overpriced
i would recommend the audio-gd NFB-1AMP, emotiva a-100 (using the jumpers for direct drive) or lake people rs02

Are you getting a good seal? The earpads need to seal all the way around both ears

Don't those headphones have physical adjustable bass ports?

Really liking the way the Audio-GD looks also i don't care too much for the appearance of the E-motiva and the lake people looks ok but i dont like the 2 Quarter inch outs so between the burson and the Audio GD which is the better choice

Also I dont know if upgrading the Dac im using will make a huge difference im using a Fiio D3 (D03K)

Audio-GD is way better but ordering from them is a pain in the ass
also check the lake people rs08, it has the same specs but also an xlr out

the topping D30 and OL DAC are cheap and transparent if you're not happy with your current DAC

>Audio-GD is way better but ordering from them is a pain in the ass
Just need to e-mail them, it's not too much of a hassle

They do, it helps with the bass though it does distort the sound somewhat. I'm more concerned about the treble.

I think so but I can check

I dont have any Qualms with my Current Dac and yeah the rs08 still has 2 1/4th outs in anycase I like the way the Burson looks as I can easily put it next to my 1970s Sony Receiver and it blend in also I don't have a Balanced source so no need for the XLR out Whats an amp that keeps the Brushed ALuminum look that fits my needs?

Just bought a pair of ATH-M40x, what can I do software-wise to use them to the best of their potential?

would this suit my needs ok the NFB-28.38 since single ended is less that 1W@200ohms

oh good how do i get it to be that way

>how do i get it to be that way
e-mail them

Just say I would like model xx.xx in all silver?

what is a good dac/amp for K7XX and 4XX?

Topping D30/OL Dac +02

>These look like something up my ally. How do they handle surround sound? I'm mainly looking for a headset for gaming.
There is no actual surround sound in headphones. Some gaming headphones market this but this is a lie and it's a software simulation you can use in any headphones, and IMHO that software simulation is garbage because it degrades sound quality without actually giving you precise spatial location.
There are a few that claim to do it in hardware, but these are a lie too. Having 5 drivers per earcup instead of 1 does not make sound waves travel the way they do in a room when placed at a great distance from each other. And those headphones with multiple drivers sound even more like garbage (picture related, Asus Centurion measurements).

Headphones by virtue of their physics are stereo devices. You have drivers very close to your left and right ears and not much way to gain actual spatial information because the soudwaves simply do not travel in space.

Binaural recordings can achieve surround-like sound in headphones, but that requires a lot of work and tweaking on the specific recording to achieve that effect :
youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA
I still haven't heard anything as impressive as the barber shop thing.

Friendly reminder that most people in this thread are horribly misinformed about sources and haven't actually heard more than one, two at most.
Enjoy your o2's lol

Who asked you?

lol yeah enjoy your good, fairly-priced amp, FAGGOTS

The only thing those headphones need is a pad and cable swap, they sound great no need for an eq.

anyone here got heir audio before? looking at the 4.S in ears

how should i clean the soft part of my benmeyers?

Pretty sure that Plebspotter or someone else here has the 4.S. Stick around and I'm sure that they'll give you impressions, I know that whoever it was that has them really likes them.